Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 07:38PM

Jesus said whatever you do to even the least person you've done it to him, right? And the Bible says we'll be judged, right? If they actually believed that, they would make sure they preached nothing, did nothing or didn't cause others to do anything that harmed anyone -- physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, financially, etc. Because they could get turned away at the Pearly Gates and cast down to Hell. Yet some of the biggest, most visible names in Christianity unashamedly do all sorts of harm.

Of course, some of those could just be delusional about who they are and what they do. We probably shouldn't follow them either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 09:52PM

I bet a lot of these bible thumpers conveniently believe that if you accept Jesus you're automatically going to heaven, like a blanket universal pardon. A Xtian Second Anointing, if you will.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 10:37PM

Maybe you have this Jesus confused with Mormon Jesus.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 11:15PM

I guess the Mormon Jesus wore garments and had a huge harem of wives he secretly married in the temple and he got a second anointing there as well.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 11:28PM

They prefer "Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints".

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 11:12PM

That’s why I gave up on trying to base my life on the scriptures. It’s impossible because the scriptures contradict themselves. It’s a complete mind screw. One minute it’s thou salt not kill and then it’s chop his head off because he stole some brass plates.

Posted by: ByeByeChurch ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 11:25PM

Probably the best way to determine whether or not a Christian leader actually believes is to look at his sexual history and habits.

Sexual versatility is one of the BIGGEST indicators of a Sociopath. A Sociopath will have sex with anyone, or anything, even animals, if he or she or they happens to find that particular body interesting at the time. It can be male or female as the gender of the body involved is often something a Sociopath isn't that concerned with. It can be very spontaneous.

Of course, being a religious leader, they will cry crocodile tears big time if they get caught. And they will of course "repent," at least for the public view.

Posted by: Tea Wrecks ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 02:11AM

How do you tell if a christian is lying?

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 02:22AM

I think Jesus said a lot of things he thought were off the record.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 11:18AM

I think most of them are cherry picking hypocrites who use religion to justify the person they want to be. For many, thankfully, the views they support result in being a good person. IMO, these folks would probably be good people no matter what religion they were taught to believe in.

The ones who take all the dangerous, ridiculous and offensive parts from their holy writs seriously are problematic. I would argue they are the ones more diligently trying to live their religion. They actually believe it.

The bigger problem is the holy writs have conflicting information that can be used for or against most any opinion. Overall, I find that people believing in the religion (whatever that might mean to the person) is a mixed bag. It's definitely a mechanism to ensure tribalism while also providing comfort. It's too bad so many are being fleeced and manipulated by the cherry picking opportunists.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 11:55AM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think most of them are cherry picking hypocrites
> who use religion to justify the person they want
> to be. For many, thankfully, the views they
> support result in being a good person. IMO, these
> folks would probably be good people no matter what
> religion they were taught to believe in.
>
> The ones who take all the dangerous, ridiculous
> and offensive parts from their holy writs
> seriously are problematic. I would argue they are
> the ones more diligently trying to live their
> religion. They actually believe it.
>
> The bigger problem is the holy writs have
> conflicting information that can be used for or
> against most any opinion. Overall, I find that
> people believing in the religion (whatever that
> might mean to the person) is a mixed bag. It's
> definitely a mechanism to ensure tribalism while
> also providing comfort. It's too bad so many are
> being fleeced and manipulated by the cherry
> picking opportunists.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.