Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 09:16AM

So a German friend said to me that in the German Liahona on page 23 of the October 2021 the church is turning a total 180 to their privious prob 8 and a proclamation to the world. I could not verify it and I could not find it online.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tiger ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 09:34AM

Interesting if true. Might explain Hollands rant if he's unhappy about the change....

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 09:36AM

The October 2021 issue isn't online yet. You can check back when it's available, unless someone here already has a print copy.

https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/magazines/liahona?lang=eng

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 09:51AM

This would mean that your memories are incorrect; the mormons were never against the Gays.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 12:22AM

We have always been at war with East Asia.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 06:46AM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 10:16AM

Yes. So often with the Mormon church it's like those movies where in the end the protagonist wakes up and it has all been a dream. Oh the relief felt! Never any popcorn though.

Posted by: Tyson Dunn (not logged in) ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 12:19AM

Don’t have time to summarize tonight.

Tyson

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 07:07AM

Is it just me or does it feel like this is a downward spiral that is speeding up? It's hard to tell looking in from the outside.

It feels like a lot of backtracking lately. Cancelling the Saturday session of GC, then all of a sudden, it's back on. Nothing to say about Covid during a special message last November but now all of a sudden, yeah, get vaccinated please. And now this. Was Jeffery R. Holland not inspired when he gave that address at BYU? It feels like they're becoming more transparent in their mistakes and swaying with public pressure. Will I hear my family voicing doubts soon?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 09:55AM

That's my impression too.

They are swimming naked and the tide is going out fast.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 10:06AM

I noticed the author, the ward bishop of somewhere in Utah, is afraid to reveal the area of where he serves.

His first advice in dealing with gays is to follow the current teachings/speeches.

He then has this bit of advice- If a friend or ward member makes unhelpful or hurtful comments about LGBT individuals, consider the best way to respond. Most of the time these comments come from inexperience and are not intended to be disrespectful. Giving private guidance can be helpful.

Sure, inexperience. Whatever!

It was trips to the Oakland-Bay Area (temple and baseball games) where I was taught to homophobic and bigoted by the words of my youth leaders.

In 1991, Oakland had a firestorm that destroyed many homes in the East Hill. The precious Oakland Temple was spared. Many members wrote to me as a missionary to remind me that God sent the fire because so many rich liberals reject the church and embrace false teaching that homosexuality is NOT a choice. Many members still believe that gays could be straight if they really wanted to. <puke>

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 09:19PM

Maybe the Great Salt Lake is drying up because Mormonism is a choice.

Date: September 18, 2021 08:12PM

the author lives in utah, usa.

Date: September 18, 2021 08:16PM

Understanding and Including Our LGBT Brothers and Sisters
By Ryan J Wessel

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 12:19PM

True compassion and love are only for the little people.

Date: September 13, 2021 09:24PM

Only poor people can afford true compassion!

Date: September 17, 2021 12:16AM

“We have living prophets who today, in late 2021, are, with the lord’s guidance and gentle prodding, being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the late 1980s…”

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 17, 2021 08:45PM

People in the Air Force would have said that they are "tripping over their own dicks." Kind of a vivid picture.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: September 17, 2021 08:55PM

I wonder what is going on in Gerritt Gong's mind these days.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 18, 2021 03:07AM

The business side of the church generates more revenue than the church donations do. What the corporation is really good at is real estate. The church side of things is becoming a headache. They are in the process of just becoming another Christian church. The process is speeding up because of social changes and the internet.

I don’t think there is a grand strategy with anything. I think the church is winging it. President Nelson seems like he’s more liberal than your traditional Mormon. He wants global respect more than holding onto the old ways. The old man loves to change things.

Date: September 20, 2021 07:36AM

Yes, I wonder about the lds business side. A multi-billion-dollar investment fund who carries the responsibilities for that? Since the whistle blower has talked about ensign peak it seams to me the lds church has increased their donations. My cousins child was suppose to go on his mission to Japan next month but the lds church has re assigned him to Arizona.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.