Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lor C ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 08:40PM

I listened to this talk today and it actually scared the crap out of me. Go back and listen to this again from the beginning especially to the 4:07 mark. And then imagine you were in a secret meeting in Salt Lake City and this is all being said by Brigham Young and he is asking you to go kill the migrants coming over the planes in South Utah. Listen to him talk about loyalty listen to him talk about “all in“. Listen to him talk about how he wants you to hand over your sovereign self to him to be replaced with his will. And then after you listen to this ask yourself if you could ever again question how the Mountain Meadows massacre ever happened. Or how any Mormon parent shuns their child to death. Or how any believing spouse divorces their nonbelieving spouse and abandoned them and their children for another spouse who will stay steadfast in the church.

Between this talk in the talk he gave it BYU recently I feel like there’s some sort of moment coming where they are going to be asking the members to choose a side. This is very frightening to me.

They want every part of you, and they are demanding every part of you and they want your identity erased to be replaced by their own will. They want your ability to say “no” to be sacrificed. This is the exact same rhetoric they got over 200 migrants slaughtered on the planes in southern Idaho. Countless American Indians were slaughtered near what is now BYU due to this. Unknown amounts of Mormon youth of committed suicide due to this. It’s all right here and it’s all being said in October 2021.

https://youtu.be/jBqtxDpoYnE

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vzgardner ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 10:05PM

You are absolutely correct... YOU, if anyone, are a modern day prophet... YOU see things very few have any idea about.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 10:48PM

That talk was scarry
It will probably frighten many borderline members to totally quit

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 11:41PM

Holland’s breathing sounds like he might have congestive heart failure. He’s old and doesn’t look heathy at all.

Date: October 02, 2021 11:57PM

Who knows what the church is anymore. I don’t think they even know. Holland clearly is one of the more radical ones. These apostles and prophets seem real tough when they are talking to the captive brainwashed. They are scared and paranoid when they are out of their little pond.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 11:49PM

All the GAs need a GIANT INFUSION of Kindness, I know where that originates, but I don't have a clue how to introduce it to them, them to kindness; anyone?

what's the largest gauge needle available?

Extreme measures are called for / justified with these folks...

Wheat/chaff, Extreme Right/Wrong (especially regarding trivial matters), 'choose ye this day' are obviously tools of manipulation that ChurchCo doesn't hesitate to invoke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2021 12:49AM by GNPE.

Date: October 02, 2021 11:58PM

They would be miserable tyrants to be under.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 04:01AM

“In the kingdom of God, there can be no halfway measures, no starting and stopping, no turning back,”

And that's what emptied the pews in my ward some 40 years ago. Church leaders declared the youth to be immoral and in need of church discipline. They called them in, held court and exed or disfellowshipped them. To my knowledge, not one EVER returned. Not one. And I think every one moved on with their lives.

I had a friend who made it to the office of teacher. He was active with sports and had parents who supported his decision to participate with leagues even on Sundays. He attended 3 out of 4 Sundays, but sometimes missed two.

The ym and bishopric thought that was too much absenteeism. He didn't lie and admitted to not attending church every week. They gave him an ultimatum to attend or face discipline. The church held court and ruled unanimously to disfellowship him. He never returned. The ym presidency made him an example of what happens unless you're 100% committed to the church.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 10:00AM

That is so extreme. It’s not that I don’t believe it happened, I believe you’re telling the truth, the ward I grow up in, no one would ever try and pull shit like that. The entire time I was supposed to be the deacons quorum president I didn’t show up for one meeting and the guy who was in charge of the deacons just couldn’t do anything about it. It was kind of funny in retrospect because I always told him oh yeah I feel really bad but I became a teacher like two months after they called me to be the deacons quorum president so it’s like there’s nothing they could do.

Any church that has the audacity to take attendance on you is a church Not worth going to and a huge red flag to boot.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2021 10:03AM by midwestanon.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 08:47AM

They really can't see the distinction between Jesus and the church.

Date: October 04, 2021 01:46AM

Bingo! When they say do something for Christ they mean doing it for the church.

Posted by: Finance Clerk ( )
Date: October 11, 2021 05:14PM

This reminds me:
Many years ago, as a young father of little ones, owner of a brand new struggling business, and husband to an already overstressed wife, I was called in to the bishop's office. The bishop, a nice enough guy asked me to be the new Young Men's president. He could see the reluctance in my demeanor. He reached across to the front of his oversized desk, placed his hand on top of (half-life-sized) bust of Christ's head and turned it so HE was facing me and said. "It's not me calling you, it's HIM!"

That literally was the beginning of the end for me. This is my first recollection, during my adult life, when I thought to myself "This is all bullshit".

I said "my adult life" because as a teenager going to the temple for baptisms for the dead and then prior to my mission, I made the same expression to myself...then put it on the shelf.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 04:13PM

I think you see the results of this approach when attendance at a sacrament meeting in a heavily Mormon populated area is a whomping 20%

Date: October 04, 2021 01:48AM

I took that kind of shit in boot camp but I’m not taking it from some flabby howled cocksucker who thinks he speaks for Jesus.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 02:47AM

I'm afraid that Valium or Zanax won't help either Holland or his listeners/audience.

Is Holland acting on his own / a loose cannon or is he ChurchCos pit bull, doing what he's been trained & encouraged to do?

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 03:28AM

Do most US chapels get GC via satellite?
If so, can US & Canadian (others?) members with a satellite dish get it at home?

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 09, 2021 12:45PM

Jeff is a product of mid 20th century Mormonism.
We are well into the 21st century now and he has not turned the page

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: October 11, 2021 03:50PM

+10 Very good points

IMO the church is doing public cosmetic things to make it seem more mainstream, but in reality they are encouragine members to become more and more obedient, uniform and zombie-like

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.