Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 12:51AM

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/10/03/covid-clashes-show-need/

"President Russell M. Nelson noted that the world is “still dealing with the ravages of COVID-19 and its variants,” and thanked those in the 16.6 million-member faith “for following our counsel and the advice of medical experts and government officials in your own communities.”

Nelson, a former heart surgeon, and the faith’s top brass consistently have urged members to be vaccinated against the virus, assuring them that the shots have proved “safe and effective.”

Some Latter-day Saints have pushed back against that call — although vaccination rates did rise briefly in Utah after the church’s latest plea in August. A survey from Public Religion Research Institute this past summer showed that 65% of Latter-day Saints were classified as vaccine acceptors."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 07:04AM

901c3 is as potent as revelation.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 10:17AM

65% lines up nicely with Stanley Milgram's authority experiments.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 10:20AM

I label them rejectionists and in my truly humble opinion it is no big deal to get vaccinated.
Irrational people make a big deal out of it purely by stubborness!!!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 12:26PM

not to get it. Everyone in my family got it as soon as they could except my niece, who has an allergy to one of the ingredients, but she has had COVID now, so should be okay for the immediate future. Maybe they'll have the pills out if it comes around on her again.

I've resisted getting other vaccinations just out of hating to get shots (but now I have to give myself shots everyday), but COVID has scared me far too much to not get the vaccine. I am THRILLED they got vaccines done and are finding more things to help like the monoclonal antibodies that I got. My "husband" and boyfriend were on the war path about getting me those antibodies out of fear of losing me. My "husband"--I'm his mommy figure. He can't live without me. He was in a panic.

COVID already scared me, dying of it, hospitalization, ventilator, and then I read some of the things posted on here about the nurse who took care of COVID patients and the embalmer. I said on another thread, my idea would be to quit and still get the vaccine if I were a nurse. If I had seen what they've seen, I couldn't put myself in the situation of taking care of COVID patients any longer. I'm selfish that way!?!? I want to live. I didn't realize that. My kids need me and I know they do.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 12:28PM

It is an elderly patient in a rehab facility who had been hospitalized for COVID and, yes, is on ivermection as of when I typed her the end of last week.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.