Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 15, 2021 09:21PM

Has anybody else noticed this whole new push for "Purity" among white supremacist MORmONs?

The AP reported a couple of weeks ago, "Mormon president: Church leaders speak ‘pure truth"

What is the difference between "Pure Truth®" and plain, old fashioned, "truth"?

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-religion-utah-salt-lake-city-52e627d45c13214c36ed57c91abcb768

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: October 15, 2021 11:20PM

Did Dustry Rusty say anything that has not been said before? Did he add to any truth that the church has already taught. Did be clarify and add anything to any truth that the church already teaches. If he did it might be "pure truth." But I do not think he did.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 15, 2021 11:43PM

What makes his push for "pure truth" (whatever me means by that) a push for "white supremacy" (whatever that is)?

After a general bromide about believing in "absolute--eternal--truth--most of the remarks and content dealt with the church's handling of the Covid situation. It also referenced a Brazilian apostle (2018).

"White supremacy" -- am I missing something here?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 16, 2021 12:42AM

S-cat constantly reminds us that Mormonism is racist, so that's his point. You're lucky he didn't add his secondary boiler plate reminder that JS cuckolded his followers.

Posted by: Nothing ( )
Date: October 16, 2021 01:42PM

Nothing

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 16, 2021 06:37PM

the difference is
Pure truth needs an italian sausage pizza and a mug of beer to make it pure

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 16, 2021 06:53PM

I think most members have heard or can relate to the doctrine that you alone are responsible for your exaltation/salvation.

I remember several experiences in my youth when I failed to attend some dumb church leadership meeting, my excuse was So and So didn't attend so why jump on my case? (I was the menial secretary, deacons Q then teachers Q yet the "chosen" youth presidents/counselor/assistant would miss the meeting that I had missed and it never was addressed or plainly ignored).

And the underlying message was: It doesn't matter what others do, your salvation is yours and up to you alone.

So Oaks recently gave a talk about the importance of attending church. And he states that members should be attending not for themselves, but for the benefit and support of others.

To me that's a shift.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.