Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 17, 2021 01:17AM

Hello everyone! I needed a break from all things Mormon. I haven't been to the board for about eight months. I just can't believe that LDS,Inc. hasn't been up to desperate measures to retain the sheep.

Has anything happened in the past eight months that I should know about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Josephs Myth ( )
Date: October 17, 2021 09:02AM

Hi Pooped, pandemic people are finally maybe getting out more and more to venture again into a brave new world.

Spots of the covid virus are spattered here and there so be careful, I use Lysol spray generously (don't laugh) and yes surfaces get neglected and are touched (especially handles) by infected individuals.

Funny that masks cannot open doors!

We live in more mental illness made worse since the virus novel arrived two years ago.
It's maybe called cope cope cope, you're good at that..

Posted by: oxymormon ( )
Date: October 17, 2021 09:30AM

I think OP meant things missed here at RFM.

They are probably well aware of the state of the world; It's not like they just got back from a trip to Kolob.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 17, 2021 09:32AM

Dusty Rusty told his followers to not be covidiots and get their shots. Many did not. Hence the high levels in the moridore. Idaho seems to have been hit hardest judging by their hospitalization. Guess the "follow the profit" line has gone by the wayside. Bunch of new useless temples announced, who knows when or if they will ever be built.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2021 09:10PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 17, 2021 03:09PM

Actuall you missed my mind boggling posts.
I say this with all humility
I hope you won't feel left out

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 17, 2021 05:28PM

Nice that you can take an eight month break from all things Mormon and really not miss much. Especially since that church headquartered in Utah imagines themselves as a 'Global Faith' and yet most of the world doesn't really pay them any attention.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 17, 2021 06:58PM

I'd bet that 80% of the global population has never heard of Mormonism and that that proportion is steadily rising.

Posted by: Josephs Myth ( )
Date: October 18, 2021 05:01AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd bet that 80% of the global population has
> never heard of Mormonism and that that proportion
> is steadily rising.

Still, ya gotta factor in the Meet-Up groups that will include JW's the Scientology nutz and Christian Science (Mary Baker Eddy) whacko's.
Everybody brought their laptops and the recorded video of crazy incident after incident was precious!

Still, we're rightly a bunch of fringe-ish groups but we are a lot of fun, once hanging out!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 17, 2021 07:00PM

Guess which one actually happened:

Jeff Holland had a meltdown and chastised the BYU faculty for not embracing the Q15's hateful LGBTQ policies. How dare they act Christian.

Lot's Wife could only name 4 or the 6 Grandfathers of the Sioux/Lakota spiritual tradition. She was so upset she had to be talked down off a ledge.

Ziller wrote two sentences in a row that both had verbs.

SchrodingersCat posted pictures of his collection of Albert Einstein bobble-head dolls.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 09:33PM

It's encouraging that they haven't had any remarkable progress in bringing back the sheep that have strayed, and RfM is still thriving.

It's discouraging that the permanently indoctrinated, mostly from birth, are continuing to accept that there is some kind of need for giant, useless buildings that cost a fortune to build and enrich only the bottom line on the spreadsheet that totals the enormous net worth of TCOJCOLDS's (i.e. LDS, Inc.) real estate holdings.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.