Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 03:25PM

https://www.ksl.com/article/50264714/why-this-doctor-says-idaho-has-lost-the-war-against-covid-19

I have so many family members who live there..so many friends from school...from my community where I grew up in magic valley.

Something seems to have changed since I left there in my 20's and it has broken my heart. I haven't dared go there for a few years to visit all the graves of my many many dead relatives including my parents, aunts and uncles and even my ex husband.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 03:44PM

So sorry for you that their ignorance and arrogance has brought this sorry state to the state---which will contaminate the rest of us.

I knew it was over for Idaho when I saw the video of Lt. Governor McGeachin in her truck with a gun resting on a bible stating they would ignore all mandates. She makes my skin crawl.

Posted by: Henry B. Eyeroll ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 04:20PM

But on the bright side, "The governor championed the largest tax cut in state history"

Take that, doomsayers! And Idaho can always [slough off] [export] *outsource* its covid cases to Washington ICUs! That's not freeloading, it's freeDOM!

McGeachin/Bundy 20-whatever! "Haters for Taters"

/s

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 05:13PM

Maybe the state will rename itself Covidho?

Can they rename every rive De nile?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 05:18PM

Apparently Roger Stone has "endorsed" Bundy. Swell.

Meanwhile, the governor is busy complaining about drugs coming over the border, while ignoring his role in what has happened with COVID and the support for the demise of democracy.

It's really disappointing to live here and realize most of the people around me would rather give up our 200 years of democracy than admit they lost an election or tolerate people who are brown or black.

One of the water wells that supplies water to Pocatello has high levels of nitrogen. No one is talking about agriculture issues. We had two kids show up with guns in a school in Rigby this year. The community and media skirted around the issue by talking about mental health and not allowing backpacks. There has not been one news story focused on how the kids got their hands on a gun in their homes.

That said, I like living here for a lot of reasons.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 06:17PM

There is an old empty K-Mart store not far from where I live. It should be taken over to house all those unvaccinated people filling up the the ICUs in the area. Had a good friend, not suitable for open heart surgery, have a valve procedure last week who was sent home the same day. When does personal freedom give way to group responsibility?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 06:50PM

I have some Ricks College pals still living in the Nampa area. Has the church leadership there openly defied Rusty's advice to get the vaccine? How about at BYUI? What the "official" story there?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 07:51PM

Vaccine is only required at BYU-Hawaii.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2021/07/10/one-byus-locations-will/

"Church leadership instructed administrators at each school, Tevaga said, to decide what was best based on local conditions and attitudes, rather than making a blanket rule. BYU in Utah and Idaho chose only to “strongly encourage” that students and faculty get the vaccine, not require it. Ensign College in Salt Lake City, also controlled by the church, did the same."

That being said, it appears that BYU-I is doing pretty well

https://www.byui.edu/covid-19-updates

"81% of all BYU-I students on campus during Fall 2021 semester have received at least one vaccination dose against COVID-19 (with 74% being fully vaccinated).

91% of all BYU-I employees on campus have received at least one vaccination dose against COVID-19 (with 84% being fully vaccinated)."

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 09:44PM

Guess I'll be scratching them off my travel plans.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 10:01PM

I have not heard from my buddy in Nampa, a former bishop, as to whether he's vaccinated or not. Hope he's smart enough and respects Rusty enough to get 'er done.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 20, 2021 08:17AM

God needed them to grow potatoes on Kolob.

Posted by: Josephs Myth ( )
Date: October 20, 2021 09:09AM

The town remembered as "Gunny" didn't know the virus of 1918 and nobody got it but those were way different times.
Closing one RR line worked well, there was just about only one way in.

Everything gets forgotten except, "we got away without, "doin nuthin" so that's whut we're doing again.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 20, 2021 09:49AM

I feel for you, but you can't help people who don't want to be helped.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 20, 2021 04:55PM

She is a school teacher and things have actually improved where she is teaching. I've talked about the fact her daughter did have COVID and didn't have the vaccination because of an allergic reaction to a prior vaccination that had the same ingredient. Her husband is totally anti-vax (my niece) and he got COVID, too. Luckily, my sister and her husband didn't get it, which is shocking because of all the time she spends around her daughter. They teach at the same school.

Her DIL is a nurse. I haven't heard much from what is going on with her recently as I haven't been up there since? August. My sister talks about how 'backward' they are up there, but she prefers Idaho to Utah. She was still somewhat mormon. Her kids left in their teens. She just recently said she was done because they have so many leaders being ex'd for having affairs. One of the women happens to be our cousin's daughter--which blows our minds. And with all the affairs going on, the R.S. president is MEAN to my sister about her "minstering." She said this is the last straw.

She thought living in Idaho she'd be free of the mormon culture we have in Utah, but she was wrong.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.