Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 03:45AM

When President Nelson called the use of the word Mormon a victory of Satan I knew the church had a loose cannon at the helm. People I know in the Church Office Building couldn’t believe it. It was a huge deal and a lot of expense to change things in the church to meet President Nelson’s order to remove the world Mormon and rename things.

The major gutting and remodeling of pioneer temples will not be popular. He’s completely gutted the Salt Lake Temple basement and is going to turn the ordinance rooms into bland theaters. Much of the 19th Century charm is going to be lost. The historic font room will be gutted and remodeled into something else.

The massive announcement and building of temples is getting ridiculous. In the future all the underused temples will be viewed as Nelson’s blunder. Temples will become a burden and a nuisance in the future instead of something rare, inspiring and sacred.

Using the term continued restoration and making bold changes will make the members wonder why we even bother to follow the D&C, Pearl of Great Price and The Book of Mormon. What value do the past prophets have when the current one contradicts their teachings and claims he’s going to change a lot of what they set up in the church.

Nelson is causing confusion with the members. References and words former prophets used and even sang in songs and showed pride in are a victory of Satan. So I guess Ezra Taft Benson was passed of the devil when he sang “I’m a Mormon Boy”.

The more Nelson changes and the more temples he builds the less recognizable the church I grew up in becomes. If Mormon is bad why is the church using the Book of Mormon? Was the Meet the Mormons program a result of Satan having control in the church. If past prophets allowed Satan to influence the use of the word Mormon in the church, does that mean they were inspired by Satan and not God?

It makes no sense. I’m confused at what the church is anymore. If it’s a home based church why are members expected to attend Sunday meetings? Isn’t a home based church having church at home? If this is the case why are the members listening to people outside the home? How can a Salt Lake based church be a home based church. I have no idea what it means.

President Nelson’s changes are illogical. If all this stuff has to be changed wasn’t it wrong to begin with. Why not just dump the old church teachings all together and start with a clean slate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 07:34AM

I think there's lots of dissent among the Q15 as to how the church should proceed. The church has been in decline since the early 2000s. Jesus didn't show up as many had originally thought. Throw in the Hinkster's "I don't know we teach that" interview and the lack of any real prophecy concerning the 911 attacks, the members started looking on the internet for answers.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 09:48AM

I was surprised to hear Nelson say the word "Mormon" is a victory for Satan.

The Book of Mormon is named after Moroni's dad; Mormon.

They're gonna have to rename the book as well as one of the "prophets" in it; otherwise it is Satan's victory book.

Actually, the name is quite appropriate, since the whole thing is about murder and mayhem.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 09:53AM

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 10:02AM

It does make you wonder if these guys at the top actually believe RMN is The Prophet™ and don't question him, or if there is something else going on. I'm all about historic preservation, even if it's the SLC temple, that represents a pioneer bible-fan fiction con, cleaning out the interior like that? Rusty is a surgeon, not a sentimentalist, apparently.

Date: November 07, 2021 07:41PM

Yup. It’s a pooch screw.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 10:24AM

He (and his predecessors) is a bad leader because he's focused on things that don't matter to most of the people he supposedly leads while ignoring the things that do.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 10:51AM

You well know who The GOD of This World is if you have been through the Temple.

Why the surprise that BigNellie is finally giving him more recognition?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 11:36AM

I wonder if they regret not putting Dieter in the FP.

Date: November 07, 2021 10:45PM

Monson was smart to bring Dieter on. Monson understood PR. Nelson is an egg head train wreak.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 12:00PM

that there were a lot of mormons who wanted to go through the old temples because of the fact they were still "original" with their endowment (no matter how strange I found it). I think they'll see a decrease in members going to the temple. I wonder if they'll have less "traffic" at temple square.

I guess I shouldn't be wanting Rusty to die then if he is doing better at decreasing the number of members than we are. He's ridiculous.

Actually, when you think about things like journals, etc., I thought they wanted HISTORY. It seems like they don't now.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 08:57PM

cl2notloggedin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that there were a lot of mormons who wanted to go
> through the old temples because of the fact they
> were still "original" with their endowment (no
> matter how strange I found it). I think they'll
> see a decrease in members going to the temple. I
> wonder if they'll have less "traffic" at temple
> square.
>

You're right. I went through my my Mom's older lady friend and her ward. It was ward "temple day" as many retired to bed in the early evening. The lady had sold her home and million dollar home to retire to a crummy condo in SLC where the church had a chapel on the third floor.

I was being dropped off at the MTC so I agreed to go through the SLC as the youngest member of their geriatric ward. Most members served as temple workers and played the parts as 80 year old Adam and Eve. I thought it was funny how we were stopped on the stairway between the telestial and terrestrial worlds and Adam opened his mouth to say a line. His denture shot out of his mouth andd landed on the floor near where I was standing. It was almost too much for me and my laughing. They took me aside and told me to sober up~ was I really drunk with loud laughter. It was hilarious.

I still hate the entire temple experience, but damn that was sure funny. I am glad that I was able to laugh my ass off that day.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 09:51AM

and I understand him losing his dentures. I've had some for 11 months and I hate them. They are not easy to wear or I've just not learned well.

I went to one live session in Idaho Falls. They didn't take us up any stairs. I was basically alone as it was my husband's friends getting sealed and I didn't know the women very well. It was maybe my 3rd time through. It was horrifying. But I was so shocked by the movie in the temple. I never saw that coming. Even if it was slow and the people were old, it was much more interesting than that movie.

Posted by: decultified ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 12:45PM

I think Nelson may be putting Oaks in a real bind when the orb and scepter are finally passed. The longer Nelson remains in office, the more "baked in" his changes will be. You have to wonder what kind of church Oaks will inherit (I know, a rich one). How much will he keep vs. toss?

The temple announcements aren't sustainable indefinitely at their current level, but will the Prez that has to slow it down be seen as less inspired than Nelson? And when all the "last days" chatter fails to pan out, *again*, how will the faithful react?

Joseph Smith himself said that Mormon literally means "more good." Hinckley simply reinforced it. I can only imagine how much Nelson must have secretly hated Hinckley all these years.

Date: November 08, 2021 01:54PM

Modern LDS prophets don’t do anything radical. In reality the Quorum of 15 as a group steer the church. No drastic changes and stay the course and adjust if needed.

Russ broke that protocol and you are right, it’s causing lots of problems. The church has a lot of cash to build lot’s of temples but the longer-term effect of this is temples won’t be anything special. They will become a bigger nuisance and when that’s all your church is about, you have nothing but a bunch of buildings in the end.

Also saying Mormon is a victory of Satan was the most stupid and wreak less thing I ever heard a prophet say. You are basically saying the previous prophets were influenced by Satan.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 03:07PM

The groundwork is being set for every member a janitor expansion set. Soon, to clean the toilets (that Jesus uses at night when no one is around) you will need a Temple Recommend which ensures you are donating 10% money to clean the toilets. Maybe Rusty, Oaks or Bednar will be inspired to create a Janitor Only temple recommend that you do not have to be current on the tithing to get.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 08:55PM

I can't believe they're Gutting the SLT, that's awful.
The Rock rolling down a hill is only a memory too...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2021 03:09AM by GNPE.

Date: November 08, 2021 03:11AM

the gullibility of the members was mentioned by JS or so I've read.

One of the few things he was spot-on, I'd say

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 07, 2021 10:04PM

Don't you understand? He is on a power trip and has been for as long as I can rmemeber!
He believes his own bullshit and as a result becomes ineffective.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 01:16AM

The more damage he does to the church the better, especially if it leads to more dissent in the membership. A schism at the top would be interesting.

Date: November 08, 2021 02:00PM

The prophet controls the paychecks. You aren’t going to have a mutiny. You might have some unhappy leaders waiting for the old man to kick the bucket. Most these guys don’t have more than ten years as prophet.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 03:04AM

I doubt if even 1% of the members under age 60 have ever been in the old SL Temple. They will not miss something they’ve never seen.

Date: November 08, 2021 02:07PM

The SLC Temple is more interesting on the outside than the inside. I found the inside to be laid out like an after thought which it was. The Celestial room was nice.

The temple I hope Russ doesn’t get a chance to ruin is the Manti temple. That’s the pioneer temple that’s been meddled with the least.

Posted by: Josephs Myth ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 05:19AM

A lot of things (total understatement) go through your mind when quitting but a somewhat unexpected loss was all the proud Mormon Temples. Can you believe I actually was going to miss being able to use the LDS Temples as an identifier about who I was? No, it was a big big deal, it was who I was ..

Welp, now I could not even care less if the property was a sewage treatment facility.

My my my, how things change.

I think of Scientology as a wastewater treatment center too, if that helps.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 01:06PM

All the incompetent LDS church leaders should form a queue behind each other, and claim their particular prize. The Hinckster, for instance, could get a prize for having hugely important revelations about how God allows a girl or woman to have only one set of ear piercings. God was so concerned about the piercings that He kept Gord-O from receiving any indication of 9/11 and impending war. Silly God. Wars are for kids. The "prophet" knows that the more important thing is preventing females from making their own personal decisions. Can't have that.

Date: November 08, 2021 02:21PM

Gord didn't consider or contemplate men wanting of having piercings, just the wymen!

O, but did or didn't he mention tattoos, I've forgotten...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.