Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 01:28PM

In my not so humble opinion one of the major for the massive exit of members is very simple
The ultra conservative use of the truth
or in other words the tendency to LIE

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 02:03PM

The church eliminated all of its internal critics, leaving it an echo chamber of far right ideologues. They can't think outside of their rather small ultra-conservative box.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 03:51PM

I assume by "exiting members" you're talking about those who had been active believers until recently, as opposed to all those who are merely names on the books. Because I think the major reasons for the second group are they never believed, or it was too boring, or it was stupid, or they had no memory of being members.

Posted by: squirrely ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 05:16PM

Lying has been a big part of LDS Inc., since horney Joe lied to Emma about Fanny.

Today, the lies are harder to tell because of that darned internet. Hence the doubt your doubt mantra.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 17, 2021 06:43AM

squirrely Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lying has been a big part of LDS Inc., since
> horney Joe lied to Emma about Fanny.
>
> Today, the lies are harder to tell because of that
> darned internet. Hence the doubt your doubt
> mantra.

Considering that the gold plates/ Book of MORmON were a hoax that the Book of MORmON church was based on, the consummate MORmON LYING began well before Joe lied about Fanny. The MORmON lying is the very beginning of the Book of MORmON church.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 05:28PM

For me, the lies proved the organization to be untrue. It's as simple as that. Their lies are being exposed and people are outta there. No one appreciates being lied to, especially when the organization claims to hold your eternity in their hands, when it's all a fraud.

Posted by: Joseph's Myth ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 05:51PM

Throwing away mostly all latter-day theories, can it be the children leading the adults?

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 07:22PM

Mormon Scriptures Condemn Lying and Liars

D&C 50:17-18
17 Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?
18 And if it be by some other way it is not of God.

D&C 93:24-26
24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;
25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.
26 The spirit of truth is of God…

D&C 63:17
17 Wherefore, I, the Lord, have said that the fearful, and the unbelieving, and all liars, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie, and the whoremonger, and the sorcerer, shall have their part in that lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

D&C 129:7
7 ...it is contrary to the order of heaven for a just man to deceive;...

2 Nephi 9:34
34 Wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell.

2 Nephi 28:8-11
And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God--he will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little ...; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.
9 Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, false and vain and foolish doctrines, and shall be puffed up in their hearts, and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord; and their works shall be in the dark. ...
11 Yea, they have all gone out of the way; they have become corrupted.

Jeremiah 48:10
Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully...

QUOTES FROM FORMER INSIDERS:

The newspaper Arizona Republic carried the following item in its issue of October 10, 1993, quoted in Issue 85 (Nov 1993) of the Salt Lake City Messenger:

Last month, John Beck, 33, of Provo, resigned the church and quit his job as a BYU business professor. 'My problems had to do with the ethics of the university,' he said, 'which comes down to their not telling the truth. They are firing people not for the reasons they say.' His wife, Martha Nibley Beck, 30, daughter of famed pro-church scholar Hugh Nibley, said she left her job as a BYU sociology professor in July after the school removed Carol Lee Hawkins as leader of the Women's Symposium.... 'The church is moving toward social isolation,' Martha Beck said.... BYU spokeswoman Margaret Smoot said that the removal of Hawkins was routine.... However, Smoot's predecessor, Paul Richards, 57, who left BYU last year, ridiculed that notion.... 'I worked in public affairs for the church for 13 years, and I had to lie all the time....'

More examples of Mormon lying:
http://packham.n4m.org/lying.htm

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 07:42PM

The church is famous for Non Disclosure Agreements.

NDAs are good for only one thing: hiding the Truth. People are being paid quite handsomely to not reveal facts.

. . . I wish I knew something juicy . . .

Hmmm. . . How much would it take for you to agree to never publish or utter another anti-mormon comment ever again?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 11:25PM

Probably less than I paid in tithing. If I stop posting, you'll know they got to me.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 16, 2021 08:08PM

Google.

Posted by: ~ufotofu~ ( )
Date: November 19, 2021 04:13PM

Mormonism is DULL, unattractive, stale (like the secret bread & water), sacreligious, condescending, mean/ hateful, unethical, petty, perverted, dogmatic, superstitious, weird, polluted and is an oxy-moron. Do you need any more reasons? There are hundreds, ye, thousands more, even millions!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.