Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ragnar ( )
Date: November 28, 2021 07:29AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/meet-the-people-who-own-huge-amounts-of-the-world-s-land/ss-AARcOR9?ocid=msedgntp#image=1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/meet-the-people-who-own-huge-amounts-of-the-world-s-land/ss-AARcOR9?ocid=msedgntp#image=26

It's a money-grubbing business. They should be ashamed.

From the article: "Mormon church reportedly owns more than 405,000 hectares in the continental US and became Florida's largest private landowner in 2014, according to Reuters."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2021 07:43AM by ragnar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Joseph's Myth ( )
Date: November 28, 2021 07:36AM

You do know "joseph-town" a little bit SW of Orlando is the high ground for when any severe flooding takes over Florida.

MormØŽism is the largest private land owner in that state!
Disney, not even close.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 28, 2021 10:49AM

Kind of misleading.

405,000 hectares is just ove 1,000,000 acres or 1550 square miles.

This is just land in the US not the world and only land we know of.

It doesn't say if this includes the lots chapels and temples sit on.

Also doesn't talk about private land that is transfered each day to the church as donations.

Also doesn't count land the church controls by proxy. An example is the Layton Utah temple. The church paid the family money for over a decade to not sell the land to anyone else.

I'd say world wide the church owns at least double the amount stated.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 28, 2021 10:52AM

I forgot the education, seminary, DI and lands controlled by businesses they own like banks, media and so forth.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 28, 2021 11:13AM

That's mostly land everyone else pays for roads, fire protection, etc.

Jesus the land grabber. The values and priorities of the LDS church are absolutely shameful.

Posted by: ragnar ( )
Date: November 29, 2021 02:21PM

These figures are also misleading and ultimately understating LDS Corp's real estate ownership.

Years ago, I was living in Mount Pleasant, Utah. At one point, LDS Corp decided that they wanted to sell the 'Bishop's Warehouse' that they had there.

I decided to make an offer. LDS Corp took a long time to consider this offer (it had to be reviewed by something like 5 different committees/offices). I ended up backing out of the sale.

But, as the contract was being drawn up, I noticed that LDS Corp was NOT including mineral rights in the sale. I wanted to buy ALL of the property, including the mineral rights, so I asked for that point to be changed. I was told that LDS Corp ALWAYS retained the mineral rights whenever they sold ANY property - it was their SOP (Standard Operating Procedures).

This is just one more way that the 'Church' maintains possible future value or income from any and all property they have ever owned.

And this Money-hungry business pretends they're a church, and they constantly request that their members must give THEM money, even when their children will go hungry or homeless.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 29, 2021 02:37PM

You never know where more golden plates may lay hidden.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 29, 2021 03:02PM

The church has been incorporated since 1901. Nothing new. Most members don’t understand they donate to a corporation which they are not part of nor do they have any legal claims to the assets.

Your baptism does not make you legally part of anything. The church isn’t legally obligated to do anything for you. It’s all a show but people pay their tithing afraid they will be cut out of something.

That’s the sick part of the whole deal. The church is a charade. The corporation is real. One of the biggest scams in US History.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.