Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 12:51PM

It just ticks me off when talking to tbms. When I bring something up that they dont like, they refer it to anti-mormon literature, when in fact it is in discourses of by, or in the dc, or other church references, when I say I will show them the reference they will not want to talk about it anymore,How frustrating!, I have come to realize now what others have said, and I know its true, It has to come from inside oneself. You cant see if your eyes are closed!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 12:54PM

Exactly. You're spot-on. I read in a book a few weeks ago that "anti-Mormon" material is really just "Mormon" material, since it just points out the actual truth, the contradictions from the Mormons' own writings and beliefs, and how far off the mark the "prophets" are. They're afraid to read it because it will trigger the cognitive dissonance they can't deal with, and they make sure to demonize it to anyone who will listen so they can remain in the Land O' Denial.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 12:55PM

It's so frustrating because of what you just said. It's the same as sticking fingers in their ears and going, "lalalalalalala!"

Date: July 11, 2011 01:01PM

"Lalalalalalal...I can't HEAR you!!!"

Posted by: dubyadee ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 01:11PM

The information that is referred to as 'anti-mormon' is simply the truth.

Posted by: happy&free ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 01:46PM

When I tried to explain to my Mother what FAIR and FARMS were, she said they sounded like "anti-mormon" websites. When I said that they were funded by the church, she said that they were probably lying.

*facepalm*, *sigh*, yeah you get the picture.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:30PM

I asked my TBM friend the questions on the home page of Formerly Sanctioned http://formerlysanctioned.blogspot.com/.

He could not answer several of them but had absolutely no interest in looking up the answer. I was very intrigued that I could bring up a major contradiction in his religion and he was not the least bit interested in resolving it?

Why not, I asked.

He answered, "Because I believe the church is true so I know there's an answer somewhere. I've got enough on my plate just to keep the commandments and worry about my own faults."

I was flabbergasted. Anyone else familiar with this attitude?

Anagrammy

Date: July 11, 2011 03:34PM

I think we ALL are familiar with that attitude.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.