Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 02:25PM

So far as I can determine there is no,not,none, no way no how life after death. When you are here you are here
When you are gone you are gone
So live every day as if it were your last

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 02:49PM

Apparently you've never had an NDE.

(*)(*)

The above is my rudimentary attempt at rolling eyes. Resemblance to any other body parts is purely coincidental.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 02:54PM

Date: December 30, 2021 04:01PM

I'm not sure whether I should compliment your beautiful eyes, or discretely recommend a tissue, as there is something in your nostrils.

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 10:16PM

Humberto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apparently you've never had an NDE.

I came close to death in my young adulthood. I did not experience what others describe as an NDE. I don't doubt those that have experienced said were, with few exception, genuine in their report. But that isn't proof of an afterlife, that is merely proof of a person's experience. Pretty damn wide gulf there.

Date: December 30, 2021 10:49PM

Yes, I beg your pardon. The NDE comment was made in jest...

I was feeling a bit salty over a conversation in another thread...it's a sarcasm that likely didn't carry over well from there to here.

Date: December 30, 2021 02:58PM

Next, you're probably gonna say that there's no Pre-Existence!

Without a Pre-Existence, how do explain the disparity in the differences into which we are born?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 03:15PM

> Without a Pre-Existence, how do explain
> the disparity in the differences into which we are
> born?

Bad genetics, perhaps manifesting in convoluted sentences.

--Further deponent opineth not.

Date: December 30, 2021 03:19PM

"One woman's pedantry is another man's circumlocution."

--The Artist Formerly Known as Anonymous

Date: December 30, 2021 09:23PM

"How Princely of you!"

--Random Internet Joker's cousin

Posted by: Moriancumer the Adulter ( )
Date: December 31, 2021 02:38AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> > Without a Pre-Existence, how do explain
> > the disparity in the differences into which we
> are
> > born?
>
> Bad genetics, perhaps manifesting in convoluted
> sentences.
>
> --Further deponent opineth not.

Lmao!!!!

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 03:07PM

No do-overs.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 03:12PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
> So far as I can determine there is no,not,none, no
> way no how life after death. When you are here you
> are here
> When you are gone you are gone
> So live every day as if it were your last

Questions for thedesertrat1:

1. What steps did you take that led you to the determination that there is no life after death?

2. Is a sense of continuity important in finding meaning in life? We live each day with a sense of continuity, expressed in a stream of memories that extends back into early childhood, And most of us, as we make new memories from our experiences today, can anticipate at least a future, be it long or short, to appreciate and find meaning in those memories of experience. But if we are convinced that at death we will cease to exist, there will be nothing to appreciate, remember, or anticipate any meaningful new experiences. Nothingness, being non-existent, can't find meaning in anything or even remember there ever having been any meaning.

Posted by: Henry Bemis ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 05:21PM

Great comments, CG.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 05:34PM

A belief in an afterlife is not essential to one's ability to appreciate the here and now. The feelings I have come from what is presently happening to me.

thedesertrat1 gave his opinion regarding an afterlife. Probably a gut feeling or the cognizance that so far he has encountered no solid reason to believe there is one. I don't see that he owes anyone to list steps of determination. If you wish to believe. Great. I don't care why.

The strongest value belief in an afterlife has is its use as a control device and a means of selling Afterlife Insurance or a coomfort.

I don't believe in an afterlife and when my little dog is excited to see me tonight or I talk to my mother that lack of belief will not detract from the swelling in my heart.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 06:09PM

Done & Done Wrote:

> thedesertrat1 gave his opinion regarding an
> afterlife. Probably a gut feeling or the
> cognizance that so far he has encountered no solid
> reason to believe there is one. I don't see that
> he owes anyone to list steps of determination.

Done & Done, I was just asking questions. Nowhere did I say that thedesertrat1 "owes" me answers. It is anyone's right not to answer questions asked of them on a forum. Answers to questions, however, can sometimes lead to interesting discussions. And you have given your personal answer to my question about whether or not continuity is important to finding meaning in life.

I should mention that I have not given my personal opinion as to whether I believe in an afterlife or not. But I would be happy to give it if a thread seemed to be going in a direction in which it would be helpful to the discussion.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 06:23PM

I read your post as taking thedesertrat1 to task. Apologies if I misinterpreted. On second reading and after your explanation all looks different.

As you were. :)

Posted by: ~ufotofu~ ( )
Date: December 31, 2021 12:50AM

commongentile Wrote:
> Done & Done Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> ... (personal opinion) I would be happy to give it if a thread seemed to be going in a direction in which it would be helpful to the discussion.

Wouldn't that be nice? Threads going in a direction my comments might be helpful, at the time. It's kinda like PLINKO here. Oh Come On $100, yes, yes go GO, Oh no, $1!

You're right about some of these discussions
I wouldn't even call some of them discussions

It would be nice if more of them went somewhere.
I mean, other than around in a vortex, as a drain.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 01, 2022 04:51AM

"We live each day with a sense of continuity, expressed in a stream of memories that extends back into early childhood, And most of us, as we make new memories from our experiences today, can anticipate at least a future, be it long or short, to appreciate and find meaning in those memories of experience."

What makes a desert rat much different from a laboratory rat? Both have a rich inner life and run mazes or do other tricks for rewards. Four-legged rats find meaning in memories of experience.

The difference is in the complexity of social structures. It's the social structures that create castles in the sky for us to live in, in our imaginations. But doesn't that create value? Don't these imaginary structures, completely made up, have value? That's why we have them. We imagine that we are transcendent beings and then we are. Because we imagined it. Not everything works that way, but some things do.

Maybe the question is when does imagination die? Is it at death? Maybe more levels up like in Inception?

Date: December 30, 2021 07:05PM

I'll admit to being very reluctant to delve deeply into these types of subjects. A cursory investigation is usually enough for me. Once the basic views are understood, the rest becomes speculative debate without hope for a high confidence conclusion. While the debate can start off interesting enough, it becomes evident early on in that the right answer is going to be "I don't know". To spend time engaging in all the subsequent nuance then becomes opportunity lost to learn something else or solve a different problem, one that has inherent potential for satisfactory resolution.

So, is there an afterlife? I don't know, nor do I believe that the question, which has been debated for millenia without resolution, is answerable. Nor do I care to engage deeply with anyone who thinks they have the answer. The odds are overwhelming that they don't.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 08:06PM

Call it:
"reincarnation" [in English]....."gilgul" [means: "return" in Hebrew; Jewish belief]....."samsara" or "transmigration" [in Hinduism, and also in Jainism]....."metempsychosis" [philosophical belief from the ancient Greeks],,,..or names I don't know in Buddhism, Sikhism, and the Druze religion (all believe in reincarnation):

I believe reincarnation is [probably] a fact, at least for most people who live most lives.

In my personal belief system, I don't think reincarnation goes on endlessly, but I tend to believe that it does go on until a presently unknown level [next step in individual evolution possibly] is attained.

I was taught Hindu/metaphysical beliefs when I was growing up, so learning that many "Jews by choice"/converts have Holocaust memories was not surprising to me personally. (Born Jews have Holocaust memories, too, of course--but they don't usually have to prove their Jewish legal status to anyone, so it's most often not such a big deal to them, or to any other Jew, either.)

What WAS surprising to me was the oftentimes general Jewish acceptance of reincarnation as an accepted belief by many individual Jews who do NOT pursue advanced studies. In a number of different Jewish sectors (beginning especially with those who enter into study of the Kabbalah, a Jewish religious philosophy which is often taken up by those Jews of young adult age and older), scholarly-type investigations of reincarnation are commonplace.

To me, the various kinds of facts which have now (in 2021) accumulated, strongly suggest that reincarnation is a fact--though it apparently doesn't happen to all people, all of the time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2021 08:17PM by Tevai.

Date: December 31, 2021 11:24PM

I think reincarnation is the norm for most life forms, especially the lower ones.

Does your favorite dog or cat have any beliefs about an afterlife or God or whatnot? Probably not, which is fine because what good are beliefs when it's time to go?

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: December 30, 2021 10:14PM

One would think after all these millennia there would be some proof of an afterlife, but there really isn't. On the flip side, we've got pretty damn solid evidence that once our brain goes, *we* go. This has been demonstrated time and again.

Is there an afterlife? I don't know. I'm open to the possibility, but with the absence of evidence, I'm not ready to subscribe to the notion. I do know there is one life we are certain of (you know, this one) and we have to make the very best of said.

Date: December 30, 2021 11:51PM

Why worry about life-after-death LAD?
When you could instead focus on LIVING, While You're "Living"! Like, Right Now. This very moment. JUST IN CASE There Is Nothing Else.

Why bet on it? Gamble, like being Mormon makes you do. GAMBLE that there is an "after life" (IN/ through Mormonism). Hoping that being "LDS" is The Only/ best/ Way to go, speaking of going.

You can be FREE of Mormonism
But MORMONISM is NEVER FREE!

There is ALWAYS a catch.
Don't be caught!

Live or die, and maybe or maybe not "live" again but TRUST, have faith, hope, or even care, that what happens AD (after death) will be worried about then! Or dealt with. Or embraced! Fully-

Who cares? Only those who are superstitious, or afraid or worried about it. I think I'll keep my feet warm by the fire and/ or have my head in the clouds, but, however it goes... I may not even have toes. Who knows? And, who cares?...

Date: December 31, 2021 11:32PM

Teaching the philosophies of men mingled with scripture again, I see. Why not hedge your bets? I will gladly undercut the church because they are way overpriced. My starter package promises a place in heaven or your money back. You get a small moon posthumously. Planets cost extra.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 31, 2021 12:03AM

After life there is death.

Date: December 31, 2021 12:08AM

Ah!

Death is the after life!

Prove him wrong!!

Date: December 31, 2021 12:17AM

Afterlife is to life as Diet Coke is to Coke.

Date: December 31, 2021 12:29AM

I believe in the afterdeath. It's where you're still dead, but learning to do a better job of it.

Date: December 31, 2021 03:21AM

Well, technically it is DURING life, but whenever it comes, it's usually sometime during life!

Date: December 31, 2021 01:22AM

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/621114/

The link is to an article written by a neuroscientist. It's not a particularly scientific article, but a very human one, and comments on the afterlife from the perspective of someone holding an imminent vested interest.

Date: December 31, 2021 03:57AM

It's true if you believe it.

The stoics said you should meditate on your death five times a day. Obviously an answer to Islam's prayer schedule.

There's nothing with letting nature do what nature does, but if nature follows one's beliefs then shouldn't we choose beliefs that serve us?

Of course, beliefs are essentially lies. Do lies really serve us?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 31, 2021 01:58PM

I have no expectations after I "fade to black"....and then am toasted.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 31, 2021 03:44PM

AGAIN THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKYOU
I proose these topiscs nd thoughts from time to time because I feel that they may stimulate thinking in what is many tims a very static world.
All of the responses have been motivators toward deeper thinking among us her on this forum
AND AGAIN THANKS THANKS THANKS

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: December 31, 2021 05:23PM

Occultism, a panoply of religions have been founded endeavoring to address this central question, devising interesting answers available for the mere price of belief

The best empiricism/science has been able to do:
https://assets.amuniversal.com/d882a9209a6b0130396a001dd8b71c47

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: December 31, 2021 05:38PM

If anyone here was really interested in the afterlife, they would certainly invest some time and money to gather some personal evidence.

Since I was brought up to be 'fugal' I will tell you one 'easy' way to collect 'evidence' of an afterlife. One way is by experiencing a 'past life'. Of course, my past life 'evidence' is not the only evidence I have gathered but it was really surprising to get the results.

To experience a past life you could pay hypnotherapists maybe a $100-200 per hour to regress you to past your birth here right to the afterlife or regress you to a past life. They would tape the session so if you are not totally conscious you can be shown and hear what came out of your subconscious.

The cheaper alternative is to do a guided meditation, which I have posted many years ago or similar, and just see whether they set you up to get what you get ----- assuming you get something. (Go to utube and search for past life guided meditations) ---- I suggest get one between 20-30 minutes --- you need to be in an open, relaxed state.

Last time I did it here at least 3 had an 'experience' of being someone else at a different period of time. Did it prove an afterlife or past life to anyone --- I doubt it but it could be an interesting experience you could think about.

Date: December 31, 2021 06:04PM

I have a friend (no, really -- a friend) interested in past regression (she believes she was a nun, and yup -- I believe her)(don't ask how I know) but the difficulty is in finding one who is not a charlatan. (She lives in southern California, so is awash with all manner of folks who claim the capacity.)

How does one determine who is "for real" and who is running a scam?

Date: December 31, 2021 06:09PM

> How does one determine who is "for real" and who
> is running a scam?

If you can't tell the difference, perhaps there is no difference.

Date: December 31, 2021 06:12PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> If you can't tell the difference, perhaps there is
> no difference.
===============================

Yer starting to sound like Lao Tzu! ;-)

Date: December 31, 2021 06:15PM

Last night I dreamt I was a butterfly. . .

Date: December 31, 2021 06:19PM

James Randi ran a certification program of sorts, but no one managed to graduate.

Date: December 31, 2021 06:30PM

Randy ran a con for people who what to challenge everything.

Amatures fell for the con anyway. That is ok as I compete with other psychics at contests for money one now started with 1,000 and now over 2,000 compete daily. We also use our abilities in business, markets, decisions, etc. etc.. I don't mind competing with people who don't use or know how to use their natural abilities.

Mediums, Remote viewers, psychics that are good could prove their skill every day. Unfortunately, it is not 100% (varies between 70-90% for pros) and amatures can hit close to those marks also, so someone like Randy who knows the stats makes sure you get 100% or your a fraud.

None of these psychic skills are difficult to learn and practice --- people prove it to themselves over time even if they can't get close to 100% accuracy.

Date: December 31, 2021 06:38PM

This crap is no better than Mormon leaders promising money and eternal life to the gullible.

To get infinitely rich all you need is to beat the market on a risk-adjusted basis 51% of the time. You're either Warren Buffett or a poseur.

Which is it?

Date: December 31, 2021 06:55PM

Who says I don't have plenty of money??

Actually, I am doing it now because I enjoy the competition, challenge, and bragging rights of saying I got XX number of trades accurately in a row. Not to brag but based on what the pros have said in zoom meetings and in personal discussions, I have a better hit rate streak in the market that anyone else. When I tell that (anonomously) to some pros they get 'mad' and want to compete with me in other RV projects to prove they are better, so I try not to brag. However, others that invest for 'rich' people have made more profit wise even with a lower 'hit' rate as they are trading millions. I am conservative as I don't need the money but plan to work up the amount I invest over time.

Using psychics in the market has always been a challenge for all RVers/psychics. Many think that Karma is involved. In the past our best have had success but not accuracy over 70% when they get 80-90% on other projects. So their is a challenge and no one has ever maintained 100% for very long. We continue to experiment to find what works and what doesn't.

There is more to life than making money especially if you can't forsee needing it. However, I know some would totally disagree.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2021 07:02PM by spiritist.

Date: December 31, 2021 08:06PM

It seems to me that if RV was a real investment tool there should exist in this great big world of ours a person with the following characteristics:

1. Like you, not shy about promoting RV, and willing to attribute it to their success.

2. Unlike you, a desire to be quickly and obscenely wealthy.

3. Skilled enough to be wildly successful. Especially in a bear market. The math of compound growth would put a pauper into mansion, yacht and private jet in no time, if said pauper had supernatural predictive skills. There are stocks every day that will double in value that day. If RV is a skill, there should be a person out there with Michael Jordan level skill in the RV game, able to pick those top growing stocks.

I'm not aware that this person, or even anyone remotely similar to this person, exists, are you?

Date: December 31, 2021 10:39PM

You are correct. No one yet has really developed the accuracy to my knowledge to make too many wild claims. There is one exception a pro that I do talk to a little that was posting a 80% hit rate with his own money and he does have some large private clients. He is not taking other clients to my knowledge and plans on writing a book. I have better stats but I do not have a long track record so I am 'optimistic', maybe too much but don't think so, but hopefully not making wild claims yet --- many things are possible.

Actually, a number of pros do some market work for their paying clients. Farsight claims to identify cryptos that will be good investments and maybe something with the sp500 but I don't pay to know what they are doing or their success. Also, cryptoviewing claims to RV cryptos and identify good investments. I personally am not impressed with either but to be fair not really up on Farsights success. There are other RVers that do private investors funds but not open to others and a new one just started a web site on cryptos but could not easily find it and they show their stats which were in the 60's. APP that I do some work for charges under $100 per year to get spy trades daily and a few sport picks every week. They only are getting in the 50's.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2021 10:47PM by spiritist.

Date: December 31, 2021 11:15PM

Yeah, if those people are certified financial analysts and are using RV technique to advise their clients, they are in danger not only of losing their licenses but also of getting up close and personal with unsavory folks in prison. What you are describing is a violation of fiduciary obligations and I sincerely doubt any professional would engage in it.

Date: December 31, 2021 11:23PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> Yeah, if those people are certified financial
> analysts and are using RV technique to advise
> their clients, they are in danger not only of
> losing their licenses but also of getting up close
> and personal with unsavory folks in prison. What
> you are describing is a violation of fiduciary
> obligations and I sincerely doubt any professional
> would engage in it.

---------------------------------------------------------

They are definitely not CFAs but not idiots ---- they know the law and definitely know the statements they must make on any of their predictions. I am familiar with something to the effect --- we are not CFAs these are 'experiments' only and not intended as financial advice. People should not rely on RV alone to invest but should do their own research. Something like that, there may be more jargon they use???

Date: January 01, 2022 05:41AM

spiritist, you are contradicting yourself.

Here you say "we are not CFAs these are 'experiments' only and not intended as financial advice."

Yet above you wrote that "Actually, a number of pros do some market work for their paying clients. . . .There are other RVers that do private investors funds but not open to others . . ."

Either your friends are using RV to advise their clients or they are not. If they are doing "market work for their paying clients," they are covered by federal regulations. If they are running "private investor funds," the regulations are even tighter.

----------------
> They are definitely not CFAs but not idiots ----
> they know the law and definitely know the
> statements they must make on any of their
> predictions.

Yeah, if they are getting paid for financial advice and are *not* CFAs, they are criminals.

------------------
> People
> should not rely on RV alone to invest but should
> do their own research. Something like that, . .

Look, to advise paying clients you must be accredited. If you are running private funds, you must have filed a prospectus and quarterly reports with the SEC. I guarantee you that the SEC would not approve anything that warned that investors "should not rely on RV alone."

I hope that you are embellishing things greatly--as I think you are--for the alternative is as illegal as it is unethical.

Date: January 01, 2022 05:06AM

"It seems to me that if RV was a real investment tool there should exist in this great big world of ours a person with the following characteristics..."

No necessarily. RV could have built-in circuit breakers to prevent Bruce Almighty situations.

Date: December 31, 2021 08:21PM

spiritist Wrote:
> Who says I don't have plenty of money??

I do.

As Humberto says, if you have a tiny but sustained advantage over the market on a risk-adjusted basis you would own the entire world in less than a decade. Do you own the world?

The other thing we'd know about you is that you would be well and daily acquainted with the SEC investigators because they have computer systems that flag people who consistently outperform the markets. Anything like the skills you claim would make you the subject of countless concurrent investigations. Does the SEC have a permanent station down the street from you?

Does Jim Cramer have you on speed dial?

The fact that you don't know what your life would look life if you could consistently beat the market indicates that you cannot. The bottom line is that when markets are rising, everyone thinks he's a genius.

Date: December 31, 2021 10:00PM

I have just been experimenting with RV investing and only recently came up with a fairly reliable system. I attribute my current wealth to 'intuition', knowledge, and the idea of enjoying competing. Yes, I have been practicing and competing in RV for 2 years but many pros have over 30 years.

I have been using my investment system for a few weeks and like I say I have very strict criteria. One week I had a lot of good trades and was very successful. However, the market changes. I was not even in the market this last week because of house guests and I did not see a lot of movement in what I invest in. However, I did have more opportunity to use my intuition to develop more potential trades with higher profit potentials.

One clue is I do not take random trades that may or not move very far ---- I am looking for specific trades and trading opportunities. Maybe because of my lack of a lot of knowledge about the market and trading I did not find many this week. I am trying to expand that knowledge constantly so hopefully I will recognize and have more opportunities in the future.

Also, I don't think you understand ---- we are just taking baby steps where others have not been so successful at all. Many pros have not been 'successful' for various reasons and therefore teach and write books. No one in the past has really identified how to be successful consistently. The level of information I get now is basically only up or down, maybe at some point prices can come into the equation or identify the stock that will move the most this next week. RV/Psychics is not there yet!!! We (me and some pros) are only experimenting with 'baby' steps to consistent successful investing.

I am optimistic based on my first 20 or so trades. Time will tell. Also, no one is near perfect one pro I have discussed these things with does have the best record any pro is boasting of 80%. I did beat that but he has far more trades and invests far more money for himself and clients. It is really a time will tell thing. However, I have investments making 1-3% so over time I will move them if my consistency holds. It is a challenge how much someone (like me --- maybe the conservative way I was raised) is willing to invest even if they believe the odds are very high in their favor. Odds seem to always be involved no matter how good my RV seems to be.

Date: December 31, 2021 11:31PM

I'm calling BS on this.

On several occasions over the last few years you have claimed to use RV to beat the market--both yourself and your friends. Just above in this thread you claimed demonstrably superior performance has yielded you considerable wealth. But now you are telling us you've only been doing this "for a few weeks."

spiritist, you have been investing in a market that has risen 540% since the bottom at the end of 2008. There has never been a 13-year market performance like that in the history of the United States and possibly the world. A dog wagging her tail over a list of stocks would have prospered under those conditions. What differentiates the dog from human investors is that the former lacks the imagination to persuade himself that his success stems from unique financial acumen.

You are, in your words, "optimistic based on my first 20 or so trades." That's not much of a record. The truth is no one can sustainably beat the market on a risk-adjusted basis the way you claim even in the best of circumstances. Aberrations occur over the short run, but such investors are exactly as common as predicted by random chance.

Wait until you have to invest for several years of a bear market. Then come back and tell us how well you've done. Until then, you are just giving spiritualism a bad name.

Date: January 01, 2022 12:30AM

What you really need is a future version of you to travel back in time like Biff Tanner and give you a listing of stock prices.

Date: December 31, 2021 07:22PM

Of course there's another perspective to be had...

Considering that the challenges took place under agreed upon rules, claims of it being a con game need some explanation.

Perhaps the "amateurs" were willing to give it a shot...they might get lucky.

It's true that those who were making a lot of money from their "abilities" refused to participate, even after agreeing to do so, in some cases. Were they avoiding a "con", or did they smart enough to realize they had a good con of there own going on, and had more to lose than gain?

There's also the perspective that says when a self proclaimed psychic calls a person asking for proof a conman, the unintentional irony can chase away any credibility, if there was any to begin with.

Date: December 31, 2021 10:18PM

I have only had about 2 years of experience practicing every day. Many of our pros have over 30 years.

One thing in RV is we have specific and somewhat unique procedures and processes. I have a different procedure to do a picture versus the market. I am not so successful if I am not allowed to follow my procedure given the different objective. I have 'experimented' so it is not in question.

Few pros get 100% accuracy so it would be foolish to agree to those kind of terms unless one just wanted to take a shot at making a lot of fast money without risk other than Randy critique.

I personally would not trust any RV/psychic if I didn't do related work or feel 'intuitively' it was fairly accurate. Basically, we believe there are no secrets that are protected from us so it is just the practice and procedure we use to get the optimum accuracy. This opens the field to many things some worked on RVing an alien toy and making and marketing it in the US but I don't know how that worked out at the time the toy was being manufactured.

Date: December 31, 2021 10:29PM

I'm satisfied with letting your comments speak for themselves.

Date: December 31, 2021 06:19PM

Hypnotherapists should be certified to do hypnosis, even better if they have a certification to do past life regressions. If they can't hypnotize you to the afterlife or past life, do not pay!!!

However, the easy way is to just go to utube and do a guided meditation ---- by yourself. You will not be hypnotized or go that deep.

Read a Brian Weiss book or Newton book on it or go to utube and look up an example of someone doing one to get an idea if you are working with a professional.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2021 06:41PM by spiritist.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: December 31, 2021 06:24PM

Only the living worry about an afterlife. The dead are incapable of worry, pain, or anything else unpleasant.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 01, 2022 02:23AM

I don't "worry" about an afterlife so much as I long to see friends and relatives whom I have outlived, and I miss them.

I love the idea of the "Rainbow Bridge" because it suggests that we will eventually be reunited with beloved pets when our mortal time is up.

Part of life is learning attachments to various people and fellow-creatures, and it seems a shame to think that we will never see them again.

But if there is only The Dirt Nap, I guess I'll have to go along with the plan. C'est la vie.

Date: January 01, 2022 06:13AM

Your pets will come whenever you want them. That's the great part about bonding with animals on Earth. A lot of us probably come to Earth specifically to have pets.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.