Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: onthedownlow ( )
Date: January 10, 2022 05:01PM

I finally caught up to current times for a moment today in the world of religion and learned about MM v RFM. I pulled up the video and watched. I couldn't stomach it. As matter of fact, I felt a lot of mental pain from the gentleman on the far left side seated who said he was the product of a polygamist situation.

Everything reminded me of all the garbage I carried with me mentally and the depression and guilt. I was totally distorted like that gentleman. I got really sick when he got on his high horse and started blaming RFM for violence and vandalism. That could have been anybody other than RFM. But the MMM was incited by BY. "Kiss my grits Mel!" Quoting Alice the sitcom from the 70's and 80's. Thank you Flo!

I don't know what good any of that did but it didn't help me nothing. Reminds me of my 3 older brothers since I was a child beating on me and making fun of me like I didn't have a brain of my own. The MM acted so jaded and far from reality. Not even following any focal points or facts brought to their face. Only defensive in nature. I guess brainwash is the complete submission of one's mind and attitude towards a theory or position regardless of facts or new information not yet known?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 10, 2022 09:49PM

Midnight Mormons. What a childish name. I am glad to see it isn't anyone saying they represent us, the real, original RfM. I can't see CZ or Eric being silly enough to go on such a stupid youtube.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 11, 2022 11:25AM

Will those idiots get in trouble for using the word "mormon" ?

Date: January 11, 2022 11:39AM

What I though was most stupid is how these 3 MM's responded to culture and respecting and embracing each one of them likes it's some piece of art. The Morg has been quoted to be the exact same church as Christ set it up Himself when he walked the planet. It has also been quoted as never changing or evolving from its doctrine. This is not culture, it is evolution. It's clearly evolving with the times like it has been taught that it doesn't evolve. God doesn't conform to man, but man must obey God to be exalted.

These jokers are just wanna-be TBM hacks. The fact of the LGBTQ recent change in a 3 year period alone speaks loudly that an imperfect person is running the scam and not a perfect Deity. I call BS on those 3 hacks. They ain't LDS. They know nothing of the Morg.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 11, 2022 11:48AM

Haha. Pretending to be Mormons to make Mormons look stupid?

I heard that line all the time that the church was set up the way Jesus did it originally and that was the proof in the Jello pudding. I like to see where in the Bible Jesus owned cattle ranches and invested in the stock market and used a PR firm or required white shirts and ties. I guess Paul forgot to put that part in.

God is just man's puppet on a string. He changes at the same rate hair styles do. Well except for Mormon God who prefers to remain 50 years behind the times. No Trendoid, He.

Date: January 11, 2022 12:25PM

I know it sounds funny, but for real. How could they not understand the evolution of the church is the damn blasphemy in and of itself??

I haven't been to church since I left 10 years ago, but in my times, it was taught that the BofM is the same as it was first published. We taught in the discussions about how Christ, through JS, reestablished his church. The exact same one. Are they not teaching this anymore?

For my 80's generation, it was a granite teaching that the church doesn't change for no one! Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever.

They don't get how sacred that teaching is? Then they are total hacks. I call bs on them.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 11, 2022 01:45PM

Do we know what the "RFM" stands for?

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: January 11, 2022 01:48PM

I thought we did...

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 11, 2022 01:51PM

Well, HERE we do, but that gentleman was not a representative of this website, was he? Or did I miss something?

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: January 11, 2022 01:54PM

I think he does something called "Radio Free Mormon". It has nothing to do with this site.

Date: January 11, 2022 02:31PM

That is correct Radio Free Mormon. That is why Susan made her comment above.

I think the RFMer could have done a better job on the question regarding the 3 biggest problems of the Morg. He spent too much time on the first which was JS wives and polyandry. He had to skip past the third which is the BOA. I think the BOA is the most solid argument out there for TBM's to objectively learn and break the rose tinted glasses.

You just can't rebuttal the facsimiles being grossly in error. What could they retort with? They could only sweep it under the rug and say "next question please".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.