Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: March 09, 2022 04:24PM

Hi y’all! Hoping that some of you guys might remember me; it’s been so many years since I last posted here, but I wanted to drop in and say hi and catch up with my RfM pals, and to see what’s being discussed these days.

GLA

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 09, 2022 04:36PM

Wow, yes long time. I remember you! Nice to see you again. You will likely note some changes on the board, with who's here now, who's still here (moi), and the topics under discussion, not so much on the strictly mo side now as in former days when RfM was new and there weren't many similar resources out there. Also, CZ is the board owner now as Eric has retired, as has Sus I/S but fortunately for us they both still post.

How are you? Hope life is treating you well, GLA.

Date: March 09, 2022 04:50PM

Hi!!! I definitely remember you!! Yeah I’m looking around trying to get my bearings again since there’s been so much of a switch-up in management, etc.

Lots of things (a majority of them very unpleasant and due to my health) have happened and are continuing to happen in my life. It’d take an epic poem or doctorate thesis to go over all of it. Suffice to say that I’m in a very different place these days.

But! It’s great to still see so many familiar names still here. Makes me feel like coming home!

GLA

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: March 09, 2022 04:52PM

I'm sorry to hear you are having health problems. Hang around for a while. It would be nice to have you here.

Date: March 09, 2022 04:57PM

cl2! Thank you! I think I just might tack my butt back to the bulletin board again for awhile!

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: March 09, 2022 04:57PM

Hey GLA. Long time no see. Glad to see you still kicking. Susan I/S scootch over and let GLA sit down. I'll get another beer.

HH =)

Date: March 09, 2022 04:58PM

Damn I’ve missed you guys!!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 09, 2022 09:03PM

Happy to scootch but make mine a nice glass of Chard. Nice to see you back 'round GLA :) The funniest thing going on is that THEY DON'T WANT TO BE MORMONS! AHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Now the debil sings or something if you say it. They expect people to call them some long convoluted thing they think makes them sound more main stream. It's really the PR and Legal departments running the Co. now. But that is OK because they tucked an extra 100 BILLION away for Jesus :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2022 09:06PM by Susan I/S.

Date: March 10, 2022 10:32AM

Susan! I’ve got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart that you’re still here! (sorry, the hubby and I have been binging “The Simpsons” for a week now LOL) Thank you for makin’ room for me and for sharing the booze!! <3

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 10, 2022 05:48PM

Yes, still around :) But I don't have to yell at people or beat them with a stick. We found out about TubiTV.com so I have been watching Dark Shadows and Hubs has been watching I Dream of Jeannie. Yeah, we are old :)

Date: March 10, 2022 06:34PM

Did you watch the Dark Shadows revival from 1991??

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 09, 2022 05:16PM

Hiya, nice to hear from you again.

If you try to tell someone who knows nothing about all the weird stuff in Mormonism, it sounds so ludicrous and insane they don't believe you -- so greater exposure hasn't ended the cult...and most people really don't care one way or the other.

Date: March 09, 2022 05:46PM

Not a huge surprise there. But, if we can help even one person take the blinders off, we keep fighting! Yee haw! Or something…

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 09, 2022 08:35PM

Nice to see a familiar name from the past! I hope all your health issues improve.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 09, 2022 10:46PM

in b 4 ~

Three-Fisted Exmo Tales ~

“When MormonJesus Attacks” ~

Part 3 ~

The vast basement of the RfM Administrative Control Center is basically a Smithsonian-like repository of all things anti-Mormon collected by ExMormons around the world and sent here to be cataloged, archived and studied.

There in one corner was a collection of ancient Lamanite pikes, swords and halberds.

Along one wall a row of metal shelves groaned under the weight of wooden chests full of Nephite coins.

Another row of shelves held glass jars containing specimens of silk, honey, barley and wheat – all from Book of Mormon times!

There was even a restored ancient Aztec mural bearing the very name and image of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr.

It is rumored that the basement of the RfM Administrative Control Center had secret tunnels and bunkers containing artifacts that only the elite of the ExMo hierarchy were allowed to see – things like the shrunken head of Brigham Young, the lost 116 pages of the Book of Mormon, and, it is even whispered, the mummified body of the RealJesus!

But Ziller, ExMormonRon, GayLayAleJesus, RaptorJesus and The Man in Black were not interested in any of these unholy relics. They were on a mission. They were after the huge collection of LDS Youth Roadshow props and costumes garnered from apostate raids on LDS Stake Houses and LDS Slave Ships.

GayLayAleJesus dug through some Deseret Industries bags and found an oriental silk bathrobe and a turban that kind of matched. With his shaved head, it was not hard to see a striking resemblance to Url Brenner in “The King and I”.

RaptorJesus had found a box of costume jewelry and was carefully placing a large jeweled ring on each of his manicured talons. The rings beautifully accented the robes he was already wearing. A paper Burger King crown completed the ensemble and it was evident from the way RaptorJesus admired himself in the mirror that the outfit was RaptorJesus approved.

ExMormonRon and Ziller were in deep discussion over a two-man camel suit. ExMormonRon had already put on the front half of the suit and was standing there with the camel head under his arm while Ziller pretended not to know how to put on the rear half.

“Why does Ziller have to be the back half?” Ziller asked.

“Because this whole thing was your idea,” replied ExMormonRon.

“Ziller was just thinking out loud, throwing out some ideas,” Ziller explained.

“Well,” ExMormonRon said, “try to do better next time.”

Ziller slipped his feet in the leggings and pulled the rear half of the camel suit up around his shoulders.

The Man in Black stood watching silently, wearing his customary all black Zorro get-up and wondering how he had managed to get involved in a scheme like this.

“Hey The Man in Black,” Ziller called out. “When are you gonna suit up?”

“When am I going to suit up?” asked The Man in Black.

“Ya,” said Ziller. “When are you gonna suit up?”

“I am not going to suit up,” said The Man in Black.

“Why not?” asked Ziller.

“For two reasons,” said The Man in Black. “First, I am suited up. This is what I wear all the time for everything. Second, Steve Benson made me foreman of this operation, so I advise you all to get your things together and head out to the garage. There should be a limo waiting for us.”

Part 4

Tommy S. Monson screamed.

Date: March 10, 2022 10:34AM

Ziller…this was perhaps the best belated birthday gift I’ve ever received! Feel free to giggle at my expense, but reading one of your beloved stories made me literally tear up *sniffle*. How I’ve missed this!!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: March 10, 2022 12:04PM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 09, 2022 10:51PM

Hi GayLayAle. Nice to see ya. :o)

Date: March 10, 2022 10:35AM

It’s wonderful to see you too!!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 10, 2022 03:45AM

Date: March 10, 2022 10:37AM

Soft Machine! This is like my fantasy 20-year high school reunion (that I didn’t attend, but I wanted to avoid the Morgbot convention LOL)

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 10, 2022 04:18AM

I remember you! Nice to see you back!

Date: March 10, 2022 10:39AM

It’s so good to be back! I’m so happy that so many of my peeps are still here!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 10, 2022 05:06AM

Hello, GLA! It's good to see you here again. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

Date: March 10, 2022 10:41AM

Summer! Consider the chair pulled up! Actually, lemme grab the $1500 massage chair I’ve been lusting over for 2 years LOL! Beats the hell out of the horrid metal folding chairs we all had to endure for 2+ hours every Sunday! LOL

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: March 10, 2022 02:05PM

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: March 10, 2022 03:13PM

Yes, I remember you GayLayAle and love your username. I don't follow the board as much the past few years because so many of the posts are not related to Mormonism and I'm already flooded with so much other inputs about news and politics.

Any new views or perspectives on Mormonism?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 10, 2022 06:07PM

Welcome back!!! You've been missed.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: March 11, 2022 11:58PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.