Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Holland ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 01:17AM

Elder Holland bearing a tearful testimony to a group of exmormons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0OAIMDxyaM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 01:35AM

His testimony is messed up on so many levels--he is knowingly dishonest when he implies that Joseph and Hyrum died as a testimony to the truthfulness of the BOM. Hello, he's an apostle; he should know the history that JS was killed because people were sick of his abuses, including polygamy.

Yeah, the people who killed him were wrong, but it had nothing to do with "sealing their testimonies with their own blood". If nothing else, they shouldn’t have created a “martyr”. I love the laugh-track, but it's aggravating to hear him knowingly manipulate the congregation with lies. Shame on him for pretending to be one of the most educated Mormons on the planet while using this trick to keep people in the church and collect more tithing.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 07:18AM

http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/50543/Fabric-of-history-Geo-A-and-Bathsheba-Smith-artifacts-donated-to-Church.html

Hollands book is lacking the name on the front as well as the corner turned down at a different level. He is lying even while chastizing people for not believing.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 01:36AM

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 01:38AM

It's just a copy of the "earmark" talk, with canned laughter sprinkled throughout. I personally would have laughed at different cues, but the laughter was still appropriate.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 07:11AM

"one horse-laugh is worth a thousand syllogisms." -- H. L. Mencken.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 07:37AM

It wasn't to "a group of exmormons".

I remember it best for him calling the Spalding Theory "pathetic", and for saying those who leave this church do so by "crawling over, under, and around the Book of Mormon" (he left out "through", I crawled through the BoM).

Many have said he lied. I don't think so. I think he really thought his argument was true...because it was the same kind of circular logic and non-sequitors based on false premises I lived by when I was TBM.

Such as the-brothers-Smith-would-not-have-gone-to-their-deaths-for-a-hoax fallacy. That's a logical non-sequitor. They were murdered. They had no choice.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 08:52AM

Dude! If he ain't Droopy Dog incarnate then I'm the Pope.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/262/e/6/Droopy_dog_by_sandaasu_fox.jpg

Ron

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.