Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 13, 2022 04:36PM

TBM Sister also has an adult son (my nephew) who is gay who has not come out yet because of the fact their Mom still doesn’t accept her daughter is gay and says she’s just acting like that as retribution towards her mother.

Niece said that our problem is we are trying to make sense out of something that’s insane.

She has a valid point.

The really ironic thing is, TBM Sister is also a ‘Family Counselor’ for LDS Social Services, which made niece say,”My Mom is a family counselor?!?!Hah! They must not have very high standards for becoming a family counselor!”

She’s a very wise young woman and I’m so proud of her for standing up to her abusive Mom and seeing her for what she is, a big bully who breaks down in tears anytime you call her on her bullshit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 13, 2022 06:17PM

What a sad post.

Date: March 13, 2022 08:16PM

pollythinks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a sad post.

It’s not sad actually.
My niece is my little hero.
She’s awesome. She teaches and inspires me all the time. She came from a very complicated, crazy, abusive childhood you wouldn’t believe if I told you. I’ve told her story here before and it is sad, but the great part about it is that she’s happy, and thankful for all of it, because she had an even tougher beginning, before my Sister adopted her. Now she’s a really well adjusted badass. She’s not yet 30, has a University degree, owns 2 houses in Seattle, does executive hiring for the biggest business in the world, has been in a committed relationship for 5 yrs and is the greatest kind of human being.
Despite all of that, she’s just a sweetheart and very wise.
She has a lot of wisdom.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 13, 2022 06:27PM

I wish the best for your niece. The fact that she stood up for herself bodes well for her future, but I assume her mother is going to try to make things difficult for her.

Date: March 13, 2022 06:48PM

Fortunately Nazi TBM Sis moved out of the country and niece doesn’t have to deal with her b.s. anymore, but she still comes back on occasion to wreak havoc. She recently came back for another one of her daughter’s super Mormon wedding.
None of the rest of the non-Mormon family were invited to the wedding or even the reception, especially NOT the gay parts of the family.

Date: March 14, 2022 09:12PM

I just found out from my Niece that the only way she could get a passport was because of the Freedom of Information Act, because she was born overseas and her Mother wouldn't give her any information about where she was born, how she was adopted or when. She finally went to her parents house and explained to her Dad she couldn't get a passport without that information and asked if she could go rifle through her Mom's papers to find the information. He told her she could so she went and did it. Luckily she found her Birth Certificate and adoption papers and freed herself.
That was the last time she ever spoke to her Mother or went home.
She went to work for Make A Wish Foundation and learned from the kids there that they didn't want to be known as "that poor little kid who's about to die." they just wanted to be little kids. She decided she didn't want to be "that poor little abused kid" and rejects any kind of victim mentality or pity for her. She's just grateful that she's alive, free, thriving and succeeding. She's an inspiration and a perfect example of what the human spirit is capable of becoming under a lot of pressure.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.