Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 21, 2022 04:50PM

Well, as you can plainly see on this post, As I am going to whether or not you want me to, so it is up to you whether or not you read the following:

I have two admirers on either side of my house. One, Gus (the families youngish grandfather), was getting way too aggressive, as in ringing my doorbell at 6:00am in the morning. So, I called the cops to tell him to leave me alone (which they did).

His granddaughter told them it couldn't be HER grandfather, so it must be that I was speaking regarding the man living next door to me on the other side of my house.

Well, I knew it wasn't him, because he is married--however--he DID send me a big display of lovely flowers.

There you have it. As it appears, I have no shame in making this boast. (And, I must not be 'over the hills' yet.) :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: March 21, 2022 05:00PM

The older I get, the more I get hit on, so go figured.

Only be warned: If in you elder years, you find yourself attracting people of the male persuasion just like you did in high school, they are probably not all that interested in romance or even sex.

They are almost certainly looking for a purse or a nurse.

I'm not endowed with either of these things, so with no hard feelings, and lots of understanding (there but for the grace of God, and all the rest of it) I try to nip these things in the bud.

Much easier when your admirer actually sends you buds to nip.

Just a suggestion: Take the bouquet to the house next door and tell the Mrs. "There must be some mistake. I believe these were meant for you."

That should nip this budding romance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.