Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 28, 2022 08:24PM

Three women came to my door to teach the gospel of Christ to me, so I bid them to enter my home and "tell me about it".

At the beginning, I told them that I was already a Christian (left out the Mormon stuff altogether).

Well, they were intent on teaching me the gospel anyway, and my already being a Christian did not discourage them in the least.

Altogether, the one who appeared to be their leader, handed me a brochure on this subject, and continued to say what she intended--there was no stopping her.

She quoted a message in her Bible (previously marked). I, in return, showed her my bible--also equipped with the same marked area--but she wasn't the least bit interested in even glancing at it.

They stayed for about 20 minutes, and then stood up, and did so (left)--in my opinion, something Mormon missionaries should do also!

I looked out the window as they walked up a ways without stopping at any of the other homes on my block (about 4 more).

My guess is that they were so used to being rejected, that after finally having a "winner", they could go home and report back to whomever was their leader--who likely would almost faint to the floor after hearing of their success. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Codswallop ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 11:52PM

Yep. I’ve met similar people. Usually they are JW’s who seem to be content with visits like these. By doing this they are relieving the pressure put on them to witness a certain number of times each month. Conversion becomes secondary to witnessing.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: March 31, 2022 11:58PM

Yeah, definitely the JW’s M.O.

They know you’re not a JW, so the fact that you’re a Christian doesn’t matter to them because since you’re not a JW you don’t have (their version of) “the truth.”

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 09:33AM

Usually JW leaflets have a tiny imprint that identifies them as the Watchtower. They also have a look that is readily identifiable as JW.

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: April 01, 2022 11:52AM

As someone noted, Jehovah's Witness pamphlets tend to be copyrighted Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, and they have a completely recognizable look. Awake! and The Watchtower are their magazines.

The Jehovah's Witnesses used to use a green-colored Bible with the title "The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures".

As for showing up in threes, I've seen that more than once, so that tracks.

Tyson

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.