Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 11, 2022 11:18PM

Just watched a NOVA special on the fossil record in Hell Creek North Dakota claiming to have found fossils of fish, turtle and dinosaurs that died the day the astroid hit earth and destroyed the dinosaurs.

Of course we know that Satan put this evidence there to mislead us. The earth being 6 to 12 thousand years old after all.

He made a huge four foot thick layer of debris. He even went so far as to duplicate iron, nickel, chromium and millions of ejecta spheriods (small glass spheres).

He made sure to have this debris in the gills of the fish and in amber to mislead scientists to believe this ejecta was airborne and choked the fish when it fell into the water.

He even made sure the chemical compounds matched other cleverly crafted sites around the world.

There's lots of other "scientific" facts snd fossils, I can't go into detail here.

If you're interested in this time period it was a good but long series.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 12, 2022 08:47AM

Are nova specials available to stream anywhere? I’ve wanted to watch a few but honestly I don’t have cable and don’t know where to watch.

PBS (I assume that’s the channel) doesn’t seem like it would go in for subscription based stuff.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 12, 2022 05:52PM

Highly recommended.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: May 12, 2022 09:14AM

When I was growing up, the argument among Mormon cognoscenti like my father (a Nibley devotee) was that the Earth was "reorganized" not "created." Dinosaurs et al roamed planets somewhere out there in the vastness of space before that matter was used to put together our Earth. (This argument was based on something JS or BY said at some point IIRC).

Thus it all becomes just another test--because an all-powerful, loving god needs to constantly test his followers to make sure they still subscribe to his batshit crazy, apparently.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 13, 2022 09:43PM

The Glory of God is Credulity

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 12, 2022 10:35AM

Makes you wonder doesn't it? Out of God and Satan who really is the omniscient one? The Omnipotent one? Which one is actually running scared?

One wreaks havoc on heaven and earth and even invented those fabulous gays, and the other builds temples and feeds people wonder bread and tap water and takes hour money. Uh . . .

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 12, 2022 10:43AM

I thought Jesus/Jehovah and Mike/Adam made the earth. How did Lucifer do this???

Date: May 12, 2022 06:45PM

Mormons say that anything that disproves the creation was done in 6 days theory is from Satan.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 12, 2022 09:19PM

On the seventh day Satan staged a lot a crap.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 12, 2022 12:45PM

Topping in order to top all the OT posts.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 12, 2022 01:30PM

I find it completely awe inspiring that we can find an identifiable record of one particular day in earth’s geologic past.

The iridium layer that was the initial clue that an asteroid had hit the earth and killed off the dinosaurs was a pretty good “deception” too.

The Hell Creek Formation is in the badlands of the Little Missouri River, which runs from Devils Tower to near Williston, ND. The fossils are near the town of Marmarth, ND, a couple hours drive from the northern Black Hills near Spearfish, SD.

Theodore Roosevelt National Park is the easy way to see the Little Missouri badlands, but if you have 4 wheel drive, GPS and a tolerance for mud, you can drive dirt roads from Marmarth to Golva, ND. Both towns are just a bit too big to qualify as ghost towns.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 13, 2022 05:17PM

in b 4 ~ it is awe inspiring that exmos buy this fabricated nonsense ~

we have forensic evidence of unsolved murders only a few years old where the identity of the victims remains unknown ~

however ~ these scientists can tell us the eye and skin color of some one million year old cave person ~

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 13, 2022 06:48PM

If you don't understand the difference between reading genes from a pile of bones and trying to attach a name to that pile of bones, you're beyond hope.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: May 13, 2022 06:51PM

Yes, it is amazing what you can do with DNA isn't it?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 13, 2022 08:44PM

ziller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we have forensic evidence of unsolved murders only
> a few years old where the identity of the victims
> remains unknown ~
>
> however ~ these scientists can tell us the eye and
> skin color of some one million year old cave
> person ~

In both cases, the "identity of the victim [and deceased ancient person]" remains unknown.

The information as to "eye and skin color" may be available from both sets of remains.

The name is not, unless their DNA or a close relative's DNA can be located in DNA records, which could then potentially disclose their identity. This, of course, is unlikely in the case of the ancient person.

DNA examination *can* indeed indicate skin and eye colour. Amazing eh? It's a relatively new science. Interesting. Intriguing. It's worth reading up on how it works and the types of information it can reveal.

(Sorry for so many edits - I had to go back and refine a few thoughts to make sure I didn't inadvertently say anything wildly off the mark and then leave it in my post).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2022 08:47PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: May 12, 2022 04:16PM

Here's a CNN synopsis of the show.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/11/world/dinosaur-apocalypse-tanis-fossil-site-scn/index.html

Best part:

"Analysis of the fish fossils has also revealed the asteroid hit in spring."

So… April 6? (Mormon joke)

Date: May 12, 2022 06:43PM

Thanks for posting this.

I think this blows the "earth made out of other earths" theory away.

Showing connections across thousands of miles ought to put this theory to rest. Of course only if mormons are seeking scientifically proven truths.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.