Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Question ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 12:03AM

I know that the church goes back and forth between saying vague things about homosexuality and rude things. I heard that there was recently something rude that came out. Someone alluded to it in conversation, and I didn't know what they were talking about. Do you know what that was? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 12:08AM

I'm not sure, but recently there was a conference about not using "labels." This may or may not be their way to imply people should stop with the gay and pronoun thing (among other labels like politics, etc.).

Pure speculation on my part.

Posted by: code language ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 12:17AM

That definitely sounds like coded language. They haven't had a problem with labels in the past lol

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 12:21AM

The church doesn’t know what to do is the honest answer. It’s ran by a bunch of old men who grew up in different times and they make decisions by committee. To be honest, I think Russell M Nelson might be more liberal on the LGBTQ+ thing than some of members of the Quorum of the twelve and his buddy Dallin H Oaks. Russ just wants us all to love Jesus together but he still thinks those damn ordinances are important. Right when you think the hippie love fest is beginning he pulls that covenant path bullshit. Oh well. I left. I left when the church was less confused.

Date: May 22, 2022 12:26AM

It really could be that Wendy is a bisexual and when Sherri Dew comes over Russ is part of the gaggle. Hey. He’s got his calling and election made sure by the second anointing. That means you can have threesomes and orgies. Russ probably lays off the gays because he doesn’t want to piss his lovers off and spoil the fun.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 02:19AM

Most likely Rusty sealed himself to both Sherri and Wendy.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 03:00AM

Sister wives v. Lover wives . . .

This has occurred in the church's history: http://www.connellodonovan.com/abom.html

Scroll down a short ways until you get to

"The "David and Jonathan" of the Primary: Louie B. Felt and May Anderson

"Indeed at least one Mormon woman went so far as to request that her husband marry polygamously after she fell in love with another woman, so that the two women could openly live together."

It gets pretty raucous!  Apparently the mormon church didn't care a whit what the womens were getting up to. They seem to have only cared when a penis was not being used as they think ghawd intended!

Don't you love it when someone says that doing something that is easy, convenient, has been done, like forever, and feels good, but 'they' say it's "unnatural"?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 06:24AM

Didn't someone just say that while homosexual sex between men is banned in the Old Testament, homosexual sex between women is not mentioned at all?

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: May 23, 2022 05:01PM

Leviticus 18 lists sexual sins.

Verser 22 says man shall not lie with man as a man lies with a woman.

Nothing on the list prohibits women with women.

Date: May 22, 2022 05:07AM

There you go. Make it official. I always wondered about these polygamous marriages. The bedroom scene could get interesting and think about all the potential drama.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 06:35AM

The 2nd counselor of the church presidency, who is obviously the heavy, is Elder Oaks. He has been on an anti-gay crusade his whole life. He lobbied heavily against California's Prop 8 and lost. He was behind the 2015 church policy discriminating against the children of gay parents.

I think a lot of this is self-denial. Homosexual men have stronger feminine and intuitive energies, exactly what church leaders are selected for. It makes for strange bedfellows in an all-men's club.

Leaders are supposed to "live by the spirit" but "not be gay", which are contradictory goals. They can't reconcile them because internal contradiction is the whole point of Mormonism. Once you're disempowered, they have your money.

I would guess that at least 1/5 of the Q12 and Q70 are closeted gays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2022 06:47AM by bradley.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: May 23, 2022 09:00AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think a lot of this is self-denial. Homosexual
> men have stronger feminine and intuitive energies,

I'm going to stop you right here, because this isn't real. Leaving aside the first issue of a definition of "feminine energy" and the second issue of the false dichotomy of femininity and masculinity, there are plenty of homosexuals who identify as male and are more traditionally "masculine" than a lot of straight men.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 03:29PM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 03:38PM

+1

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 04:15PM

in the not so distant past that bashed gays?

In all these years, since 1983 when my boyfriend/husband came out to me they've changed their minds over and over again. They have language that is "we love you as long as you don't act on it" to you are losers and you're damned. In 1983, it was they're all damned unless they CHANGE to straight is what I was told. When I asked Boyd, he just told me how dare I write to him as he is too important to deal with these questions. No answer from him and all the wrong answers from the local leaders.

So here I sit on a Sunday with my gay husband in the back yard mowing lawn after he spent most of the weekend with his 22-year-old boyfriend. We get along great as friends.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 04:18PM

cl2notloggedin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So here I sit on a Sunday with my gay husband in
> the back yard mowing lawn after he spent most of
> the weekend with his 22-year-old boyfriend. We
> get along great as friends.

Classic, cl2!

(Was that Packer you're referring to? He actually said that?)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 04:22PM

He sent many letters of that sort to many people; the stories keep coming up.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: May 22, 2022 07:43PM

I was so shocked by the letter, that I only showed it to my sister and her husband, who happened to drop by when I got the letter. I burned it. I wish I had saved it now. It would have been good evidence. My dad said he wished he could have published it in the Salt Lake Tribune, take out a full page ad.

I actually babysat Packer's the children of his wife's brother for years. They lived a block away from us in Brigham City. They were nice people.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 03:17PM

They were very militant not to specify or use the "gay"...It's always same-sex attraction, gender trans morphia identify confusion, etc...

The corporation always wants the LGBTQIA+ to be treated as an illness or not natural or mentally confused.

We're talking about a group of people who took a whole race of indigenous people and gave them a different name, genetic lineage, history...

The give people a whole doctrine rules, scriptures, rules which set up one group (WHITE, BIC, UT...) a sense of superiority and your ancestors and descendants are due to your past celestial eugenics and future place is set up not by your present life but by what was and what will be ("...will be" can be taken care of cured, corrected, during the afterlife and millenium).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.