Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 01:37PM

My husband’s TBM younger daughter had her third baby last night at about 10:30pm, Utah time. The boy, name of Isaac, was 5 pounds, 12 ounces. He arrived quickly, and is adorable. He joins older brother and sister, Levi and Clara.

And those of you who know our story, know this is a big deal. My husband is delighted to be a grandpa, three times over! And Ex can’t spoil the joy anymore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 01:38PM

Congratulations!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 02:12PM

Sweet!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 01:56PM

Congratulations all around!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 02:00PM

Good news indeed !

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 02:16PM

Congratulations!

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 02:28PM

You both deserve much joy. Congrats! It's lovely to "hear you" so happy.

Date: May 26, 2022 02:39PM

Thank you. I still have only met my stepdaughters once, way back in 2003, which is why it seems weird to feel connected to this event. But it has been incredibly rewarding to watch my husband reconnect with one of his daughters, and become “Papa”.

I hope someday to know SD and her family better… and again, as much as I dislike Mormonism, I am grateful that good people in the church helped her escape her mother and live life on her terms.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 02:39PM

congrations OPie ~

admiring those biblical names ~

Date: May 26, 2022 02:43PM

Yup. She is true blue. But she’s a good woman, and obviously my husband’s daughter. She’s a great mom!

I hate it when my husband travels for work, but I hope he can go to Vegas again, so he can swing by Utah and see them.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 03:32PM

Wow, Knothead, that's really fantastic news. I know what a long road it's been.

Gives you even more to sing (beautifully) about :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2022 03:32PM by Soft Machine.

Date: May 26, 2022 03:44PM

I am a little inspired, actually.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 03:49PM

Congrats. It must be tough so far away.

Date: May 26, 2022 04:29PM

It was tougher when his daughters were children and his ex would not let him have visitation. But now, at least one of them can share her news directly. And if they want to visit, they can.

I wish older daughter was on her own, so she could enjoy similar freedom. But I am very grateful younger daughter had the resilience and grit to move on to her own life. I just hope she can make up for lost time, now that she calls the shots in her life.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 05:39PM

Congratulations to everyone!!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 26, 2022 07:31PM

I love it when you have good news! Next time he goes to Vegas I hope you can go with him and see the kids :)

Date: May 27, 2022 02:20AM

Well, his business trips aren't really fun for me, since I usually end up hanging out by myself in a hotel all day. But maybe someday, I can be convinced to vacation in the States. :D

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 27, 2022 02:52AM

Oh I know that drill! No car, hotel room, no set time when they will be back. Stuck eating what you can walk to. But Vegas is different, you actually can walk a lot of nice places there and there are lots of cabs. One of the few places I went with Hubs was Vegas when they had tradeshows there. Plus, you speak the language. Vegas might be one you make an exception for :)

Date: May 27, 2022 03:11AM

Except when he goes there, he's usually not staying in Vegas proper, but near or on a military installation! It's too bad my cousin moved a few months ago. He lived in Vegas for years, and my husband would visit him on his trips. But my cousin moved to Nashville... which would probably be more fun for me, given the music scene and our other cousin, who is a professional musician there. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any military business going on there. Of course, Nashville isn't close to Utah. :D

Date: May 30, 2022 03:33AM

Incidentally, I don't think younger daughter has told Ex that the baby was born. Ex isn't crowing about it on Instagram. Instead, she's trying to grift money again.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.