Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: June 02, 2022 02:39PM

.....of the wayward daughter.She will be written out of the will.

The church has taken it down. Does anyone have a link or copy of that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: June 07, 2022 04:39AM

I watched it about 10 times the day it was posted by the church.

It is the same family but the daughter was never seen in the video and the dad never said his "daughter would be on the board of directors". The daughter had been totally trashed in the dialogue between the parents.

As I recall, the negative comments the parents share about the daughter were harsher and went on much longer. The mother blamed herself for the daughter's decisions and the sh*tty dad agreed it was the mother's fault. Mom was crying more. There was more dialogue about cutting the bad daughter off of money left to the "good" sons.
In the beginning segment the dad starts lecturing the audience while THREE kids cross the stream.... two sons and.one daughter. This segment is new. There was not a picture of any daughter or of daddy saying she would be on the BOARD OF DIRECTORS! (Remember they had just thrown her under the bus)

The video is still creepy but it has been changed.IMOP.

Thanks for posting this.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: June 07, 2022 10:47AM

There are a variety of ways to provide for or take care of "wayward" children. To "cut them off," or even threaten to, is simply coercion (to conform).

Mormonism is about conformity, not love. Everything is conditional in Mormonism. Well, except one thing: the morg always comes out on top. That's never in question.

This isn't about good financial planning. It's about braggadocio: "Look what awesome morgbots we are!"

FWIW, the boys are under the same threat as the daughter. They just haven't "failed" yet.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 02, 2022 05:19PM

That's 15 minutes I'll never get back but it was worth it. I think the dude said worthy priesthood holders like 10 times. No female equivalent. And wow. Nothing. You preach engaging with your kids but if they don't do as you do they are cut off. Just like his heavenly father!!!

True Mormonism there.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 02, 2022 05:43PM

There is so much to love in that video!

The Mormon terminology--"our Father in Heaven," "Heavenly Father," "worldliness"--that sounds artificial to non-Mormons.

The Morridor pronunciations like "fergit" instead of "forget, "innerested" instead of "interested," again rendering this awkward watching to anyone outside of the Inter-mountain West.

The Morridor family who just happen to live near a Peruvian woman in the Andes.

The physical "charity," in which the father goes to help a woman stranded on the highway and puts his hands on her and then does the same thing to the Peruvian woman--as if single, vulnerable women like to be touched by strange men.

The judgmentalism towards their children even as the parents declare that they are not judgmental.

And the idea that parents should will their estates to the LDS church.

The video seems to hit all the key points, which raises the question why the church doesn't promote it anymore. . .

Date: June 05, 2022 02:53PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Morridor family who just happen to live near a
> Peruvian woman in the Andes.

haha! Yes, how many dirt roads can they be filmed walking on?

> The physical "charity," in which the father goes
> to help a woman stranded on the highway and puts
> his hands on her and then does the same thing to
> the Peruvian woman--as if single, vulnerable women
> like to be touched by strange men.

Yeah, being mauled by a guy after a truck pulls up and five people jump out by your stranded vehicle sounds terrifying. And the dad is so clever: "having a good day?"

Why not first ask out the window if she needs help?

And what family is going to push a broken down car all the way down a country road to a service station. Come on!

These sort of "wonderful" antics may appeal to morgbots, but no one else.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 05, 2022 05:05PM

All that's missing is some Q'ero clothing and guinea pigs under the bed and you have the perfect Andean postcard.

You are right: the target audience for 90% of the church's outward-facing propaganda is the members within. "Look how cool we are."

Posted by: Embarassing ( )
Date: June 03, 2022 05:41PM

That dude needs some humbling IMO.

The message is so distasteful that it has to be artificially introduced into the dialogue.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 03, 2022 05:47PM

Any church that encourages or promotes that attitude is not a church of love, or a church that supports families.

I could not imagine leaving a huge chunk of my assets to a church or any other organization when my family members have needs that need to be met. Family first.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 03, 2022 07:20PM

Where do “members-of-a-community-board-you-frequent” rank in terms of your Last Will & Testament?

…asking for a bashful friend…

Posted by: Nuggett ( )
Date: June 03, 2022 07:58PM

I've seen this video before, and maybe I've won the Mormon/ward/bishop lottery but I've never met a Mormon like him. (I'm from California so that may have something to do with it..)

But given his obsession with his money are we really that surprised that his kids (That he and his wife raised from birth) turned out to be drug addicts? Neglect can royally screw someone up...

THEN make a video to be shared online BRAGGING ABOUT CUTTING HIS KIDS OFF...what kind of person thinks this is a good idea?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 08, 2022 12:14PM

I'm from Utah. I've met many men like him.

Date: June 05, 2022 02:42PM

Beyond nauseating, this is a joke, right?

How many TBM families are engaged in private missionary work? And I don't mean tracting in a necktie, but engaged in offering practical help and assistance to those less fortunate than themselves, or in developing nations?

The morg doesn't even want their minions putting time and resourced into those things. Your time and resources belong to the morg.

Posted by: Good point ( )
Date: June 05, 2022 07:23PM

Self-started charitable and missionary efforts are highly discouraged. I remember in the nineties when it used to be a thing to buy a bunch of Books of Mormon and write your testimony in them. The church saw where they were missing out on cash, so they added a line to the tithing form for a Book of Mormon fund so that people would just donate there.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 05, 2022 09:57PM

I believe that the man was a defense contractor who made trainloads of cash for coordinating the disposal of weapons from the Iraq war. So his sons if they stay faithful to this guy's edicts, shall get some type of inheritance.

The daughter strayed and she was cut off financially.

I was reared in CA and there were men who openly bragged about keeping their families on the straight and narrow. From kids who dared to watch TV on Sundays- he cut off the TV cord.

Also, I heard plenty about kicking out their children for getting pregnant, losing testimonies, not coming to church.

Sorry, I heard plenty of these blowhards giving tough love. And no one dared to tell them to scale back their anger, rage and disgust.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 07, 2022 11:38AM

I noticed that the mom would say things like: "this isn't the way I raised her. Not WE raised her; I raised her. She also said: "in my home". Not OUR home; MY home.

Quite the subtle way to shift the blame onto her.

Looks like some of it was filmed in southern Utah.

And then there's the heroic scene of the sons carrying the other family across the stream, when the family probably could've done it themselves. If the water had been really dangerous, that's not how you rescue someone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.