Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: June 04, 2022 10:08AM

https://latterdaysaintmag.com/why-the-new-trendy-way-to-pay-tithing-undermines-the-spiritual-power-tithing-promises/?fbclid=IwAR1h9Z9iEqegqsRvZA_zdKu6lPcyyperiLyYoohWN8iKKTXMvF036Zji2y4

"There is clear evidence presented by so many of the promised temporal and spiritual blessings of paying tithes.

"While the advocates of trendy tithing paying may claim they are still paying to build good works, they show a degree of faithlessness in Prophets and other Church leaders who spend tithes and offerings under divine direction. Those who practice trendy tithing may be in fact engaging in a little divine larceny."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: June 04, 2022 11:28AM

Wow Apparently active Mormons discovered via 'troublesome media' that the church has a massive pile of money and doing little good with that hoard.

Here is an excerpt:

'...trendy tithing is acceptable and even encouraged, particularly if you’ve got some doubt about your faith.

Here’s the argument: “Because I have determined in my own mind that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has such a large amount of wealth and that bothers me, I am going to take my tithing elsewhere, to other causes that I decide need my contributions. And the Church has enough resources they won’t miss my measly contribution anyway.” '

This is good news - donations to real charities.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 04, 2022 11:30AM

From the comments section under this article:

Patrick  June 1, 2022
    "There are some months I pay up to 12%, just to be sure.  I love the blessings I receive and the feeling I get when I pay tithing."

"...just to be sure."

This is why the church will wither, but never die.

At least not as long as the money holds out.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: June 05, 2022 10:20AM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 04, 2022 11:35AM

Someone drank the Kool-Aid.

If the church won't publish its financials, and is not doing *copious* amounts of good works with the donated funds, I can hardly blame people for donating their money elsewhere.

It's not like Utah needs another temple.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 04, 2022 11:39AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xaYMdHNILw

FTR, Brigham Young suspended payment of tithing in 1870 after his disastrous heavy handed dealings relative BY attempting to get in on the huge money stream for constructing the Continental Rail Road hugely backfired and then collapsed the economy of the Zion State of MORmON Utah.

It was a prime time when any blessings for paying tithing would have been badly needed and greatly noticed and appreciated.

It was the perfect time to have any added blessings for paying tithing and to prove MORmON Jesus on the law of tithing as divine and highly provident just like the MORmONS are always claiming that tithing produces a heavy net abundance of blessings much more than any expense.

Instead of relying on the supposed blessings for paying tithing
....... blessings that BY knew were NON existent...... BY shut down payment of (super predatory/ super parasitic) tithing in the interest of preventing more damage to the crippled Zion Utah economy.

There is a lesson to that story!!!

Another GAME OVER !!!! moment for the MOReMONey (for them) church brought to you by the actions of CROOKED MORmON leaders.

ANother instance from MORMON history that the LDS Inc and its Book of MORmON church SCAM strenuously avoids mentioning.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 04, 2022 11:55AM

this is typical of a blood sucking GREEDY creepy MORmON leader making typical empty superfluous MORmON claims about blessings from paying MORmON tithing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaK_BQXBl9c

the excellent KUED / Ken Verdoia produced video documentary
"Promontory" details BY's abandonment of payment of MORmON tithing in 1870 due to tyrant BY wrecking the economy of Utah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qz1xVE-d_Q

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 04, 2022 03:21PM

It's protection money. Mormon God makes you an offer you can't refuse.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 04, 2022 03:33PM

This "trend" has popped up before.

I remember a prominent church member promoting a non church charity gave a press conference on TV and said he counted anything given to this event as his tithing donation for the month.

The church quickly countered with the handy letter read from the pulpit technique and said that tithing was separate from any private donations.

I have read old Sunday school manuals from the 50s addressing the same thing.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 04, 2022 03:35PM

Non-church charities don't have authoritah.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.