Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 05, 2022 08:48AM

Here is the link.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0UuaUZG4axXRrp1fzPFZxqMszSBNmv37ZXsEHrB85bMfehcRVU3kdK3ZAxzmBA8fRl&id=100044627100340&sfnsn=mo

People working with children and youth in California must do background checks now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Maca ( )
Date: July 05, 2022 09:31AM

Wow that's quite a move. The expense for a person to have a calling for the youth and put up with it for two months is a lot, background checks could be $50, I wonder is the church going to pay or the member?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 05, 2022 10:12AM

The church is reimbursing the members who ‘must’ get the background check. And apparently some stakes are having the Livescan people come to a church building so members don’t have to get reimbursed; the church is paying it upfront.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 05, 2022 09:39AM

I believe child care places, adult care places, schools and nearly all places in Washington state require ( by law or by protocols) background checks on employees & volunteers.

I have a friend who goes to hospital to volunteer cuddling / rocking infants, wouldn’t that be dangerous to let people do that without background verification?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 05, 2022 01:12PM

Any job in social services (adult or child services) requires a police background check here....has for years.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 05, 2022 01:13PM

That is an excellent idea. In Maryland, anyone who works in a school, even volunteers, must get a background check. But that should be extended to anyone who works with young children.

We've had too many stories on here about how some Mormons think that a child predator can reform, and they just *cant'*.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 05, 2022 02:06PM

When I (first time) visit a nudist park they check & don’t admit sexual predators.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2022 02:08PM by GNPE.

Posted by: zubat ( )
Date: July 06, 2022 01:24PM

Good. This should absolutely apply to all churches. We have a lot of mega churches here (not sure what denimination they even are but I think maybe loosely aligned with Baptists?) where they don't even allow children to accompany their parents to service. Parents have to drop them off with youth ministry/church daycare which is staffed by randos. I know parents who do this witbout a second thought.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.