Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Adam Warrior ( )
Date: July 28, 2022 04:25AM

So, today i was chillin with my new friend who is an old dog but most likely not the old dog from rfm unless you moved to idaho recently old dog and just never told me and wanted to surprise me or something which would be pretty cool not gonna lie.

But anyways back to the true story, he has an actual dog that is pretty old as well so i guess its an actual actual old dog. So my friend tells me that his dog never comes up to people unless they are good people. The dog had no problem coming around me and letting me pet her. I asked him can a dog tell if a person is good better than a human can and he said yes. He explained something about the dog's incredible nose and sense of smell being a factor.

So basically all the years being treated as a bad person while i was in religion was bullsh#t. The dogs don't lie like people do i suppose. I found it to be a stronger and more effective test than a human telling me i am good for some reason. Humans have proven to be deceitful and willing to lie as many times as it takes to preserve image like in religion for example.

So the dog don't lie. If you are confused if you are a good person or a bad person because of religion and you do not trust what humans say then take the dog test. If a dog comes up to you and likes you right away you are probably a good person. Anyways, the end.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 28, 2022 10:19AM

In general, I've observed that dogs can be fairly good judges when it comes to identifying good and bad people. Treat them well, and they can be great companions.

I admit that nowadays I often judge people by how they treat animals. If someone is cruel and mean, they often abuse animals.

I'm glad the dog liked you. That says a lot in my book.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 28, 2022 12:24PM

Dogs are excellent when it comes to "sniffing" someone out.

A few years ago, around 8:30 at night, our doorbell rang.

Our little dog was barking her head off. Thinking it was probably a neighbor, I answered the door.

It was a stranger who looked like he had just gotten out of prison. Luckily, my family was in the family room.

My little fur baby has never bared her teeth or looked scary, but this was the first time and the last time she has ever done that.

The guy was trying to convince us to let him in so that he could do a carpet cleaning demo, and of course, he had no equipment with him. He said that he's never had a dog threaten him like that before; I said that she's never acted like that with anyone before either and to get off our property.

My husband had been upstairs and come down and told the guy to get the hell out, which he finally did.

Animals are smart and can figure someone out instantly; they seem to have an extra sense with them.

That was a foolish, stupid thing for me to do and I've learned my lesson.

The dog could tell that you are a good person; that's awesome!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 28, 2022 02:14PM

King John’s dogs liked Robin Hood a lot, despite King John’s specific instructions to the contrary.

Date: August 04, 2022 01:23AM

Hahaha never heard that story of king john's dog liking robin hood before. I missed that part in the disney cartoon i guess haha.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 04, 2022 02:15PM

Hey, just because I made it up doesn’t mean it didn’t happen!

Date: August 05, 2022 12:48AM

Hahaha well its still funny regardless and that's what really counts.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: July 28, 2022 06:25PM

All I got from this was, "it was an old dog" and you should take the dog test.

Date: August 04, 2022 01:25AM

Well, in fairness my posts rarely make sense to most people.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 28, 2022 08:30PM

that was a good post OPie ~

thank you ~

Date: August 04, 2022 01:26AM

Thanks ziller.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.