Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: August 06, 2022 12:12PM

Amazing post and thread by Lot's wife re: "Holland, missionaries, and suicide".

The question about whether or not the GAs know has been asked ad nauseum. Who knows what they know?

My question is do the regular TBMs, those who claim to be happy and fulfilled in the church, do they know how they are viewed?

Do they realize that rather than being admired for their righteousness, their high standards, their worthiness, they are seen as something of a joke, their priesthood authority laughable, their women naive and shallow, and in many cases as victims? Do they understand that to varying degrees, they are viewed as a dangerous cult.

On occasion, I have tried to discuss aspects of the church's history, doctrines, practices and been met with a brick wall of hostility and denial. I've learned better. At this point to confront a TBM would seem like provoking a mentally ill person to have a break down. It feels too perilous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 06, 2022 02:57PM

I agree. They are victims who can't or won't see how pathetically whipped they look to others.

I think most of the higher ups would have to know, but they feel they must protect the institution for the greater good.

I've been noticing with some of the bad news stories out about the church lately, several members seem to wait for talking points from the church before they say anything. They have to know there is a problem, but seem afraid to rock the boat by criticizing or having an opinion.

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: August 06, 2022 05:50PM

Kind of stereotyping TBMs aren't we?
If you wanna talk to a TBM look no farther.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.