Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 22, 2022 11:03AM

The Slave Species of God and The Book of Enki. I know there are those who put down these books but I accept that there is much truth in them.
If any of you have actually read these tomes and wish to disccuss them let us do so.
I also indulge in The Epic of Gilgamesh and The Enuma Elish.
It seems that these ancient dialogues form the basis for the Old testament per James the first

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2022 11:06AM by thedesertrat1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: August 22, 2022 11:19AM

I was not aware of this book and before I left a snarky response, I checked on Amazon and google, very good reviews. The books have my attention.

Date: August 22, 2022 05:26PM

if you read the book of Enki lets talk about the 5th 6th and 7th tablets. These are the ones that deal with the genetic hybridation of homo-sapien

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 22, 2022 11:44AM

How do they rate in comparison to the truth found in The Book of Mormon?

Date: August 22, 2022 05:27PM

what truth found in the BoM?

Date: August 22, 2022 05:32PM

I could ask the same about the book of Enki. I've read all of Sitchin and while interesting is fiction in my opinion.

Date: August 22, 2022 05:37PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I could ask the same about the book of Enki. I've
> read all of Sitchin and while interesting is
> fiction in my opinion.
I disagree with you! And that is the great thing about this forum. You and I can disagree without he necessity of physical combat. I can accept you reasons for disagreeing and I hope you can accept my reasons for accepting. This is the manner by which we exchange points of view and perhaps others will align their thinking based on our perceptions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2022 05:38PM by thedesertrat1.

Date: August 22, 2022 05:42PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> I could ask the same about the book of Enki. I've
> read all of Sitchin and while interesting is
> fiction in my opinion.
I can accept that you believe this to be true. Can you accept that I accept the book of Enki as a factual history?

Date: August 22, 2022 07:00PM

Why couldn't I? It is a fact. You accept alternate anthropology and so do many people not so spaced out in their beliefs.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 22, 2022 06:37PM

Sitchin's blizzard of books is to the Sumerians what the Lord of the Rings is to Scandinavia. Except Tolkien didn't try to pretend LOTR wasn't fiction. Tolkien came up with a pretty good assortment of middle and even old English and Scandinavian names, and mimicked Norse mythology pretty well.

The phoniness of the BoA papyri was enough to drive me out of Mormonism. I didn't need any additional proof, though plenty exists.

Similarly, the whole Planet Nibiru schtick is just too silly for words. Kolob makes more sense, and Kolob makes no sense. Nibiru shows up every 3,600 years and causes all sorts of havoc among other planets, all without destroying itself in the process, and all without significantly altering its own orbit? Yeah, right.

Although, if the Nephilim are out on a 3,600 year walk about in deep space, it would be so dark that they no doubt are quite good at making lighted flashlights, so maybe Rusty Nelson is a a Nephilum, or whatever the hell the singular is.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 22, 2022 11:52AM

You should have the missionaries over so you can teach them.

Date: August 22, 2022 05:24PM

bradley Wrote:
> You should have the missionaries over so you can
> teach them.
The missionaries are totally disinterested in anything that does not confirm that toward which they are presently biased

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: August 22, 2022 04:34PM

>> The Slave Species of God and The Book of Enki. I know there are those who put down these books but I accept that there is much truth in them. <<

Of the stuff you have accepted as truth, what benefit is this truth to the rest of us? I don't mean "Oh, so that's where humans came from...god slaves" I mean how would this truth helps in our daily lives....to be better individuals, better our relationships, improve our health, increase our compassion, etc.?

In other words, what's it good for?

Date: August 22, 2022 05:09PM

The question you should have asked is who is it good for.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 22, 2022 06:40PM

It's good for entertainment. Like Wordle, Beethoven's Fifth, or reading the rules of quidditch in a Harry Potter book.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.