Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 05:27PM

If you believe the Book of Mormon is the most perfect book of scripture ever written, so much so you send your son off on a mission to go proclaim that, knowing it’s white supremacist, and based upon two racist 19th C myths used to dehumanize two entire races of people, in order to justify slavery and genocide,
if that’s not one of the most racist belief on planet Earth, I don’t know what is?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Webster ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 07:15PM

Define racist.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 08:16PM

rac·ist
adjective: racist
prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

If you consider the following passage to be part of “the most correct book on the face of the earth,” you might be racist.

2 Nephi 5:21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

Date: September 11, 2022 08:27PM

What am I Google?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racist

Definition of racist : of, relating to, or characterized by racism: such as a: having, reflecting, or fostering the belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities AND that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

If the Mormon scriptures don't meet the definition of racist, then I don't know what does.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 07:33PM

Mormonism is inherently racist -- no ifs, ands or buts.

Skin colour preference and the superiority of European racial characteristics are embedded within the theology.

"Elohim," the Mormon god who was given the planet Earth as a reward, is a defied mortal alien with a white European body and not an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent incorporeal intelligence like YHWH. Mormons are the supposed literal physical offspring of this defied alien.

Mormons would have to reject this and other concepts to not be racist.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2022 05:09AM by anybody.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 09:03PM

The mormons KNOW that when, where and what color you're born depend on the brownie (actually Whitey) points you accumulated in the Pre-existence.

It's nothing personal; White Americans, Born in the Covenant, are simply the most Choice cuts of meat ghawd has ever served up.

It's not their fault I was born Brown...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 09:38PM

I know you are in retirement now and off chasing white and delightsome balls as the stroke count approaches infinity, but there are times when I wish you were a moderator here as well as that other website.

At the very least it would make for some great moderator meetings as you and Tevai argued over beverage choices.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: September 12, 2022 03:07AM

per mormon doctrine, people that were neutral between jesus and his brother up in the heavens. here on earth, as a punishment became black. they were not good enough to officiate ceremonies etc up until 1978 anyway. good people in heavens, were blessed as blond or with red hair. who knew gingers were people too! haha

did the danites kill people for interracial marriages too?

i wonder what mormons thought of asians...anyway, i digress

anyway, i'd say yes. mormonism is inherently racist by doctrine

Date: September 12, 2022 07:20PM

darth jesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> anyway, i'd say yes. mormonism is inherently
> racist by doctrine

Exactly. I posed this question on a Mormon forum and had a Mormon ask me in response,”Would you be open to the idea that those scriptures are not intended to be interpreted literally?”

lol, so ‘the most perfect book of scripture on planet Earth’ can’t be taken literally? If so, then why take anything authored by Joseph Smith literally?
Maybe when he said don’t drink alcohol or smoke tobacco in the WoW, what he really meant was ‘don’t drink so much alcohol you pass out or smoke more tobacco than you can physically handle’

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 10:51AM

I saw a meme a while back. The BYU cheerleading squad.

A few dozen blondes and one brunette, for diversity.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 12:35PM

Mormon scriptures aside, I lived in Utah for 35 years. I found Mormons as a whole to be no more or less racist than any other Americans.

Posted by: Mr. Roboto ( )
Date: September 14, 2022 05:52PM

I agree with a previous poster. The Mormon church doctrine is intrinsically and explicitly racist. And such is supported by first presidency discourses that explicitly support such doctrines. Kimball talked about how native kids become whiter, etc.

In regards to members being racists, I also agree with another poster. American Mormons are as racist as other Americans. However we must acknowledge that Mormons are experts at lying about their beliefs; thus deep racism might be running inside because the effects of the scriptures which are inherently racist. Actually the effects of feminism and equality in the US might help in Mormons not being racist.

All that being said, I was blessed with meeting incredible Mormon people and families while my time in Utah and Idaho. Precious memories. However one must chose between choosing the truth and choosing what is comfortable. While the purpose of Mormons is to "be happy", sometimes following the truth means to put other priorities than "being happy". Mormons should know better.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 14, 2022 06:28PM

> . . .one must chose between choosing the truth and
> choosing what is comfortable.

Excellent.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.