Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 09:10PM

Were you repeatedly asked why you weren't in church?

Did someone ask you if you had lost your testimony?

Were your children invited to church events without asking you?

Were you given a new calling that you knew you hadn't the capacity to fulfill?

When the love bombing didn't get the intended result, were you given the cold shoulder?

Was it suggested that you might have some sin you needed to talk to the bishop about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 09:13PM

No one said a thing.

But I was not one most people talked to. My interests and theirs didn't overlap.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 11:21PM

No. I quit attending and never heard a word.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: September 12, 2022 12:56AM

Actually I was bullied all the time during my last decade or so by ward leaders, it coinsided with my saying "no" a whole bunch. Those few members who liked my methodology, would give me high fives while everybody else ignored me.

When I just stopped attending, not a word or a visit from anybody, except the bishop who ordered me to pay tithing. Outside of that, just crickets chirping.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 12, 2022 05:59AM

Only a couple of women attempted to bully me.

One former bishop came up, shook my hand and said it didn’t matter to him and his family that I left the church—-that I’d always be their friend no matter what.

After that, no one had the power to offend me.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 02:02AM

I was bullied as a member. Do this, give that, don't do this.

When I left I was in the military and used that as an excuse to miss meetings and turn down callings.

When I moved, I never contacted the church and never answered their attempts to contact me.

A few times people showed at my door and I simply said there was no one at my address they were looking for.

I went over a decade before I started getting letters, for my recently deceased wife from her visiting teacher. I tossed them.

The only bullying came when some kids showed at my door one sunday with a fast offering envelope and tried to speak to me in spanish.

I told them I didn't speak spanish and no one at my house spoke spanish.

Later that day these two guys came to my house and rattled off some spanish. I told them no one at my house spoke spanish. They kept insisting I spoke spanish. I finally slammed the door on them. They began pounding on the door as I ignored them.

The neighbor yelled at them to leave as she'd called the cops on them.

They said they wouldn't leave until they spoke to the lady the lived at my address that spoke spanish.

The neighbor told them I lived alone.

Then these guys went to several of my neighbors asking about the lady that spoke spanish only to hear the same story.

The cops came. Talk with them and told them to quit harassing people.

Been a good 15 years since and no one has bothered me.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 03:36AM

Nope.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 10:05AM

I wouldn't say that I was bullied, but when I encountered people at the store, they would ask why I hadn't been at church anymore. One asked me what my new calling was and I replied that I don't have any callings and haven't attended for over a year.

Mostly I just faded away and changed directions. Nobody has bothered me to return.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.