Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 30, 2022 12:52AM

Make it stop. Make these people go away already.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 30, 2022 01:41AM

In SC’s never-ending efforts to never get a story straight, he has succeeded once again in butchering this one.

This does not constitute throwing Lori “under the bus”. It is to both their advantages to separate the trials. Among other things, that gives them two cracks at getting a hung jury. If either one gets a hung jury, or even a not guilty verdict, the other one will use that to appeal their own guilty verdict, in the likely event they are found guilty.

Chad tried to separate the trials last spring, and the judge refused to grant the request. Chad is just trying again. Nothing to see here, move along.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 30, 2022 09:42AM

It's like a fake news stumble upon where sometimes the headlines make for good discussion but most times it is an opinion generator scroll. Mildly interesting but often a waste of time.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: September 30, 2022 11:25AM

She’s facing the death penalty.
He’s not.
He doesn’t want his trial to be influenced by her trial.
Which is what I meant by him throwing her under the bus.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 30, 2022 01:05PM

Right!  Chad figured all this out, called his attorneys, and gave them their marching orders, citing the particular legal points he wanted them to make, and then reviewed their work before he allowed them to file it.

I wonder if they still believe in the power of prayer . . .

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 30, 2022 01:08PM

Thank you for your legal angle on this nothing burger.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: September 30, 2022 06:58PM

The headline is what, caught my attention, Faux News calling her Mormon Cult a ‘Doomsday Cult’. I know nothing about this whole shitshow, except these two horrible parents probably killed their kids, then took off for Hawaii, and got caught and returned to face justice. I’m all for justice, but curious about the role her Abusive ‘Doomsday Cult’ played in it.

Date: October 01, 2022 02:55PM

https://www.12news.com/article/news/crime/prosecutors-seek-death-penalty-lori-vallow-daybell/75-d6776e53-6287-4d66-a45e-8c900e492d03

>Both Chad and Lori Vallow Daybell pleaded not guilty to all charges against them in Idaho. Chad Daybell also faces the death penalty.

Google turned up numerous stories that say Chad is facing the death penalty too. No stories that say he is not facing death penalty.

His lawyers want the trials separated because it gives them better odds for having a reason to appeal whatever verdict comes down. They want to go second because then, all the witnesses will have already testified in the first trial, so the defense attorneys will have a better idea of how to defend against whatever the witnesses say. No guarantee that that will help Chad, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have the witnesses on the record in advance of his trial.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: September 30, 2022 02:31AM

I just finished the Netflix series on this, some twisted stuff here. The trial will be in 2023 so there is still time for one to turn against the other.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 11:01AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvi5KrsZ5F4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2022 11:03AM by auntsukey.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 07:17PM

stupid, evil, and religion, all rolled into this pair

yeah, I know it happens often or regularly in Mormonism, but this raises the bar, Yes?

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 03:30AM

I would like to throw them both under a bus. Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 03:52AM

Five thumps?

Only if the bus hit them at an oblique angle. Otherwise the number of thumps would have to be divisible by two.

Among the cognoscenti that's known as Moriancumer's Conjecture. And yes, it will be on the test.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 04:06AM

Unless the bus has dual wheels in the back. Then it would be divisible by three.

Date: October 02, 2022 04:38AM

The number of bodily indentations, however would still be divisible by two.

;)

Date: October 02, 2022 04:46AM

Put one on each side of the bus and just keep going back and forth until no more thumps :)

Date: October 02, 2022 02:30PM

;(

Date: October 07, 2022 10:43AM

At the Singularity, all the wheels would be a single point, as would the thumpee. The number of thumps would be one, though if a bus thumps in a singularity, and nobody hears it, did it make a thump?

Posted by: wpatton ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 10:55PM

Lori's dad was my seminary teacher. He was f'ing weird.

Date: October 04, 2022 05:19AM

I have read a bit about her mother and some weird things with her sister's health issues?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 06, 2022 08:02PM

This saga is going to drag on the rest of my life!

A couple days ago the local news reported that Chad's defense has changed it's mind and now wants cameras in the courtroom. They had delayed everything for weeks arguing about cameras in their cases impacting the public's opinions.

NOW they are pulling another delay tactic. It was on the news tonight that they are delaying Lori's trial (for the zillionth time) which was set for January. The reason? Now they've decided she's not competent again. They showed her there giving one of her celebrity grins.

Honest to gawd, I am getting frustrated that certain types of trials (rich and famous can stall indefinitely, apparently) seem to be more about delay and clogging up the justice system than ever.

Date: October 07, 2022 10:50AM

As long as they are in jail awaiting trial, the clown car can do all the parking lot donuts it wants to do to delay things. They will spend the rest of their life either behind bars or in a locked ward in a mental hospital, no matter what happens. That works for me.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: October 07, 2022 11:59AM

No sympathy for Chad Daybell, here's your future, https://youtu.be/4Utop2U6Zgo?t=32

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.