Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 02:19AM

Sorry for repeating myself but I don't feel I can share this on Facebook for several reasons.

This new job gets better and better. My new boss doesn't want to wait for Monday, when our first scheduled meeting is, to start talking about helping veterans. He wants me to start brain storming about how we can get in contact with them to let them know about this VA benefit. I get to keep track of my hours on my own, and report them weekly to his co-chiropractor.

I've rarely had a job (sometimes in the Marines) where I would do what I was doing even if I wasn't getting paid. This feels so incredible. I haven't felt this excited in a LONG time.

What I wanted to post on Facebook: "F you if you think that some asshole god provided this job!!! I f-in did it with hard work and dedication. I guarantee you I got no help from any god ever."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 10:40AM

For many of us, the best years of our lives are the post-Mormon ones!

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:59AM

I know exactly how you feel. Every time I would accomplish something, my religious fanatic sister (thankfully not the rest of my family) would attribute it all to God. Or sometimes luck. SOrry, it was the result of a lot of work.

And funny thing, I never pray, cause I'm an atheist, so it was a double insult on my beliefs, cause she knew how I felt.

Cool that you have such a good job. Be proud of your own efforts to get there.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 12:20PM

Congratulations on the job.

I know what you mean about "blessed"... My family is big into that. It got to the point that when people would wish for something I'd sarcastically reply "It's a good thing God invented that!" or "it's a good thing God gave that to us!" No one ever got that I was being sarcastic.

It's like our own ingenuity and hard work didn't matter because it was "given" to us.. That always bothered me, even before I left.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 12:45PM

At a holiday gathering, the poster took on and succeeded at the nasty job of fixing his in-laws' stopped-up toilet, --only to hear his grateful mother-in-law express her thanks to *Heavenly Father* for fixing the toilet!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.