Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 12:28PM

https://youtu.be/3s5Wq4Z4kMk

This talk was played for us at the MTC about a week before I was sent home for "depression" attached is the link. If there are any problems uploading it let me know.
I didnt know what to think of this talk when I heard it, now I just think it is infuriating, disgusting, emotional manipulation and it makes me sick!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2022 12:36PM by tombs1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 12:35PM

Holland knows quite well that a number of current and former members of the Q15 never served missions. So, did they ruin their lives? Apparently not. What a manipulator.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 12:52PM

And you father will attempt to murder you.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 01:33PM

You will never fit into Mormon culture unless you are a psycho nut job.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 01:50PM

By the looks of your comment, you left before you were sent out into the mission field.

All I can say is...good job! I wish I had packed up my bags and walked out in the first week. Those two weeks of training and the crap I endured over the next two years did nothing but teach me there was a con behind every corner.

But it was fun to watch eye bulge over the years as I would say to TBM's that my mission was the worst two years of my life.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 02:09PM

God told me to tell you that if you don't do what I tell you, God's going to whup you one but good.

Mormonism (and not a few other sects) in a nutshell.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 02:12PM

Any time is a good time to leave TSCC!!

Posted by: skp ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 06:51PM

God this burns my biscuits. Lies. All lies from the very beginning. The furthest thing from his mind... bullshit. I guarantee the mission pres told him he has a bunch of young men miserable and wanting to leave. And he's saying to those vulnerable kids, "no matter what you do, stay or leave, you'll be miserable." He's telling them there's no hope and no relief and no happiness no matter what they choose. He knows the mission is making these kids miserable and he's manipulating them to stay miserable.

And why? Because 1 missionary out of 58,000 leaving might not hurt the church, but when lots of "1 missionary"s leave, it adds up and causes big problems. And it's exactly the kind of thing that can snowball.

I hated nearly every minute of my mission. Probably caused a lot of my PTSD. I wish I had been smart enough to walk. Probably would've un-ruined a lot of my life.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 11:51PM

This was disgusting, manipulative religious abuse of young people who "volunteer" to serve.

I thought I had gotten over the way I was treated when I came home early from my mission because of sickness, but this rant really set off the old PTSD from how I was treated by Mission President, Stake President and others. Yes if you leave early some people will try to ruin your life. It became pretty clear to me they had no understanding of the four Gospels and the teachings of Jesus.

Ugh I'm going to have to go outside for a long walk in the dark now to get rid of the Mission demons.

Posted by: Son of Paleface ( )
Date: October 06, 2022 01:11PM

Even the US Army is much more sensitive than this. It's like a weird bubble LDS people live in that this may apply, and people MUST remain in the bubble to achieve some type of happiness. It's no secret that the greater Salt Lake area in awash in sedatives, psychotropic drugs, etc, the data is there, way higher that the rest of the US. And why is this? Because people are trying to live the perfect LDS life style, and in their eyes are falling short. It's OK to be addicted to prescription drugs because they are prescribed by a Doctor, so OK by LDS standards. Don't get me wrong medication does help a lot pf people, just not in this enviroment

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 06, 2022 05:15PM

And this is why: The church creates a program and then they develop a team who brainstorms every "pitfall" that could jeopardize the success of its implementation. So they create a perfect handbook which tells mission and MTC presidents how to deal with troubled ym and yw. The emphasis is to deter the missionaries from convincing themselves that they would be better by returning home. So they have a special recording of big dick Holland commanding them that their lives are already too screwed up.

-Like some of you, a flood of darkness came over me by reliving certain missionary/MTC memories. I really have to distract myself because some of it was too much and I have to pack it back into a Do Not Open box inside my head.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2022 05:18PM by messygoop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.