Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 09:38AM

with a bit of 1830s "Ancient Aliens" thrown in.

But the purpose from the very beginning was, is, and will always be -- fraud.

"Scam me, fleece me, take me in your arms and let you bore me.."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2022 09:42AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 10:49AM

Touché

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2022 10:50AM by anybody.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 06:00PM

But it keeps churning out bad behavior. How complicit can the restoration movement be in so much misery for so many people?

Chad Daybell might still be a member. He wrote doomsday book after book that people bought.

It isn't alternative history. It is real history for many. History that can reduce individuals to zombies that people will kill.

Throw an angel into a narrative that motivates people and it is a slippery slope with little if any responsibility to do no harm.

Many claim Mormonism saved them or helped them be better people but did this religious thought really help?

Abraham, Jesus, Noah, Tower of babble, the Martyr's test after trial after test Christian tradition shows itself not bad fiction but a history of misery for the glory of God.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2022 06:00PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 09:39PM

Maybe people living in the 19th century were such awful human beings that Mormonism was an improvement. Nowadays you really have to be bottom of the barrel to be helped by Mormonism.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 06:11PM

I just watched the clip that RM Nelson showed of the exciting new season of 'The BoM' where Jesus literally beams down to a bunch of Central Americans (you know, right after he gets crucified to atone for *sin* and then destroys cities and kills thousands because of...*sin*).
Anyway, he beams down to Belize, or upstate New York, or wherever, and invites the survivors of his mercy to feel the nail marks on his hands and poke the wound in his side, but...no blood, because....you know....Jesus.

I've seen better alternative history on 'Battlestar Galactica', and I'm talking the original bad '70's one, not the gritty un-mormony reimagened one.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 09:30PM

Or cheesy Bible fan fiction.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 10:08PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.