Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 06:17PM

I learned that Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus are still alive and care deeply about each one of us. Yes, each one of us!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 06:50PM

And they care about what kind of underwear you are wearing.

Posted by: SECular Priest ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 07:01PM

Seem to care about the many thousands or millions of people that were killed.It was in the video Russ showed at end of conference Pretty cool how He came down. But Star Trek transport is faster

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 07:28PM

In case someone has lived in a coma and is unaware of people flitting around pushing Jesus, I suppose that message might fly.

There is suffering and cruelty everywhere...but Jesus loves you! Ummmm. OK. Glad that's working for them.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 07:35PM

Conference? I read a fun and entertaining book. Obviously it was not the Book of Mormon

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 07:57PM

I didn't pay it any attention.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 08:15PM

Everything I learned about this weekend's conference I read on RFM.

I'm so happy I didn't have to waste my weekend listening to one boring conference talk after another, not remembering anything after it was all over.

The only talk I can remember from my conference attending days was Paul H. Dunn's fake stories about playing professional baseball and fighting in WWII. Funny that the only conference talk I remember was all lies.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 08:24PM

ChurchCo ‘works’ from the top down, but not for many from the bottom up.

( am I right?} $$$$ wasn’t disclosed, nor were the “stipends” that leaders from MPs on up are paid & how taxes are Evaded + legally avoided.

Ergo, ChurchCo succeeds best in a vacuum of significant information, begrudgingly doles out Only what they deem helpful to their agenda.

Their sayings regarding Honesty & Kindness don’t travel very far or have much significance or shelf-life…

Instead, they fly the All Is Well in Zion flag and keep it visible with much Hot Air.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 08:51PM

Like a cross between a MLM and Survivor. Outwit. Outplay. Outlast. Make it to the final 12 and you'll have sycophants fawning over you for life. It's a narcissist's dream.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 08:44PM

I learned that the church is still delusional and nuts.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 09:21PM

I learned that ChurchCo is forever stuck in the 'do as we say, not as we do' mode, whether or not they know this or not isn't much of a mystery any longer (they do)

That's why they need the "Speaking as A Man" schtic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2022 09:47PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 10:56PM

And the only place you can truly learn that is in a book called the Book of Mormon! We can send some missionaries right over...

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 01:16AM

Why do people believe an organization ran by men who people give a lot of power to will not be corrupt? Put yourself in the place of being an apostle. You are a rock star in the church, the members practically worship you because of the calling you hold. They think you've seen Jesus, they sustain you as a prophet, seer and revelator. That's going to go to most people's heads. Human beings don't handle that kind of power over people very well.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.