Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 04:50PM

Rusty and Wendy and the Rendlunds were supposed to come up here to host a devotional in person but had to cancel and do it virtually from HQ. No reason given for the switcheroo. Lots ofdisappointed TBMs. Raymond was probably hoping for a drive by so they could line highway 52 and bow and scrape.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 05:06PM

Yeah, it’s just not the same bowing and scraping in front of the TV…

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 05:14PM

Yea verily, the Lord must love southern Alberta to spare the people of such a blight spared upon the land.

Let Nine Inch Nelson and Wen-bag spew their nonsense over closed circuit TV. Wen-bag's voice is like unto 10 fingernails on chalk boards every time she says, "my husband..." and rattles on about how awesome she is indirectly because she is tied to him.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 05:34PM

Broken Hearts are for.....well, just ask Frank Zappa.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 20, 2022 12:11AM

We’re only in it for the money

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 25, 2022 12:44AM

Ha ha ha. I wrote a little black comedy with that very title. It involved Mormons.

Posted by: DarthKPacker ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 09:00PM

Rusty can no longer handle long car trips. His Depens leaks. He farts a lot uncontrollably, which would not look good to the Host Family he stays with.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 20, 2022 06:28PM

He's okay as long as he doesn't spill his bag of Cheerios.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 09:11PM

Not saying why the change is just plain Rude. Disrespectful to those who made plans to be there for the live presentation.

Doesn't the Big Cheeze have any manners?

Posted by: Notbyu ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 09:19PM

The rumour was plane troubles.

Date: October 18, 2022 09:24PM

Yeah, Rusty's ego has gotten too heavy.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: October 19, 2022 05:37PM

Notbyu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The rumour was plane troubles.

Can't be that. Big Nellie would never pass up a chance to get another NearDeath/Airplane Miracle story to tell - as he saved the day with his right arm raised to the Sqwarrr and rebuked the airplane gremlins with his Awesome Godly Priestcraft Powers.

Posted by: The original MOI! ( )
Date: October 19, 2022 01:44PM

I heard that Wendy regaled listeners of growing up in Raymond. Then Nelson mentioned how he loved hearing Wendy speak of Raymond at home, and when he's not working, one of his favorite shirts to wear is a Raymond Comets shirt. Oh GOD, if smug, arrogant 'Comet Pride' wasn't sickening enough before, it will be worse now. I've always said, "F the goddamn Comets!" May they lose their games for time and all eternity.

Date: October 19, 2022 02:12PM

I'm on board with ya on that one. I can see thr lights at Comets Stadium from here.

Date: October 20, 2022 10:47AM

Those damn lights are on whether or not they're needed or not. I get the feeling that all those football assholes are forcing everyone to notice where the town's greatest 'religious service' is held - Comit the Vomit Stadium! No doubt their great wish is to force everyone in town to feverishly masturbate at the sight of it. Now I suspect the 'comet' in the center of the field will be replaced with the face of Russell M. Nelson. And when there's a home run, or whatever the hell it's called, fireworks will sparkle the image of Wendy.

Date: October 25, 2022 01:31AM

I've noticed the lights on during the week. Is the Lard paying the power bill? If there was ever a town where church and state are doin' the nasty, it's Raymond!

Date: October 30, 2022 10:53AM

Someone likes to turn on the big lights even when there are no games. My damn power bill goes up, and my taxes are paying for those goddamn lights to be on just so that goddamn cult of the Comets can be noticed.

Date: October 26, 2022 10:44PM

I'm surprised it's not called Wendy Nelson Stadium! Maybe after she takes thr dirt nap.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 19, 2022 01:54PM

when Russ was last (?) coming to Seattle, I called his office asking him (a secretary) to assist in healing my broken family, Instead he used his time for brief photo ops with his disciples... like maybe 30 seconds for each photo; My DD & her possee got one, Marvelous & Wonderful!!

(or is that Wonderful & Marvelous?)

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 19, 2022 03:05PM

Russ rarely goes out. He delegates most temple dedications to apostles said he’s being nice letting them have the opportunity. Bottom line, he doesn’t like to meet the members. Ewww! I’m going to have to shake hands and pretend I like them.

Date: October 19, 2022 05:20PM

He did a decent job of that at the Heber Valley temple groundbreaking.

I could see that he was genuinely pleased at how wonderful he was!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 20, 2022 12:15AM

Russ has a vacation home in Midway so it’s in his backyard so to speak but the guy isn’t getting out and meeting the people like prophets are supposed to do.

Posted by: decultified ( )
Date: October 20, 2022 01:29AM

He's not doing anything prophets are supposed to do.

If you approached him and said, "Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head," he wouldn't summon a couple of bears to rip you limb from limb.

And remember when he was in Rome and didn't call down fire on St. Peter's Basilica? Such a disappointing waste of priesthood power!

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 19, 2022 06:27PM

ziller is sorry for you r loss OPie ~

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 19, 2022 06:58PM

I saw where Rusty did at least one of his GC talks a couple weeks ago seated behind the podium rather than standing.

My guess is that age is catching up with him.

Date: October 20, 2022 05:52PM

A friend of mine had built a special raised chair for Rusty to preach from.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 20, 2022 05:31PM

I think Dieter promised to personally fly the Nelsons, but then they found out that the Uchtdorf was planning to magnify his priesthood by flying blindfolded. I guess the Nelsons lack faith.

Date: October 20, 2022 05:51PM

Good one!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.