Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kissmygrits ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 03:07AM

It may have included a cheeseburger?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 05:41PM

Cracked wheat and bean sprouts.

TVP sandwiches

Reconstituted eggs with imitation bacon bits.

Potatoes with powdered butter.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 09:13PM

that is gross OPie ~

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 07, 2022 03:13PM

I remember the Cardston temple cafeteria had really good bran muffins on my only visit after my dead dunking cluster ****.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 08, 2022 10:59AM

Show me a place where old folks congregate and we'll probably find bran muffins. ;-/

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 07, 2022 05:38PM

A lot of people would rave about the chowder soup. I can't recall if it was clam or corn. I don't remember them offering hamburgers, but they had ham or tuna sandwiches for 6.50.

I was annoyed with the temple cafeteria prices. The small bowl was 6.50 and a large bowl was 9.00. It came with 2 packs of Saltine crackers (a total of 4). They sold additional packs f crackers for 1.00 each. Milk was 2.00 and they charged 1.00 for a glass water with a slice of lemon bobbing near the top. They charged for refills on water- 75 cents.

For comparative purposes, a fast food combo with all the extras was under 5 bucks at the time.

And in true Mormon fashion, cafeteria workers would remind members that seating was at a premium- Please be considerate of others and vacate your seating ASAP so others can be seated.

I abhorred the entire temple visit (the traffic, the rush to get in line, being hurried, not allowed to sit ANYWHERE in the temple, and having a cafeteria JACKASS reminding people to hurry up while trying to eat a high priced "snack".

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 08, 2022 02:54AM

When I was Elder's Quorum President we had to have the EQ temple night always on Thursday night because that was roast beef night at the temple cafeteria. I can tell you the Elders really didn't give a rat's ass about the temple work but they loved that inexpensive roast beef dinner they got after all the chants and handshakes were done. That dinner might not have been the bargain they thought if they looked at the yearly cost of a temple recommend and multiplied it by how many roast beef temple days they attended. You probably could be getting a nice prime rib or steak at a five star restaurant for the same number of times a lot cheaper.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: November 08, 2022 04:04PM

I heard so many good things about the temple cafeteria, mostly from my mom.

I only went to 3 or 4 sessions and did some sealings--and I never did eat in the cafeteria. I don't feel cheated.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 08, 2022 04:29PM

The worker ants (members) love their temples and they will put an effort in for the temple that they never would do anywhere else. So those people in the kitchen were putting their best efforts in and the results usually were good.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 09, 2022 10:24AM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The worker ants (members) love their temples and
> they will put an effort in for the temple that
> they never would do anywhere else. So those people
> in the kitchen were putting their best efforts in
> and the results usually were good.

I think you're right. Being "chosen" to be a temple mule was probably the best thing that could happen to an aspiring Mormon elite.

My experiences were right after the church pushed the temple down everyone's throat. The temple staff was overwhelmed. And they did their part to discourage members from having a pleasant temple experience.

Now the church has so many temples that they are begging people to attend and serve. Less members are volunteering to waste their days at the temple.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.