Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 04:16AM

Russ as we know approved a new logo for the church. Christ standing in an arch standing on a cornerstone. The problem is this really isn’t a LDS representation. The image of Christ is from a Danish Lutheran statue. An LDS apostle bought a copy of the statue because he liked it and donated it to the church. So the LDS ripped off the Lutherans.

The first thing that came to my mind was a clown. Mormons especially their leadership are a bunch of clowns. I think about the photos of the church leaders looking at the Mark Hoffman forgeries they paid a fortune for and seeing the excitement in their faces because they thought it was real stuff. Of course they bought them to squirrel them away because the contents didn’t jive too well with the official church history.

Oh well. Gotcha suckers! So much for discernment. One of the most memorable Mormon clown shows in my lifetime.

But too many organizations use clowns. I know the LDS church is the McDonald’s of religion but you shouldn’t have a clown just because McDonald’s has one.

I think the church logo should be a bearded God who’s naked standing on a crystal globe with Kolob on it and he’s surrounded by a bunch of hot naked goddesses.

I think this would be an accurate representation of the LDS church. The motto below should say “This can be you!”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 05:45AM

$

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 08, 2022 08:08PM

That's my choice too, Susan.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 08:47AM

A church steeple buried in a pile if gold coins

Date: November 06, 2022 04:40PM

That’s most church’s. Got to be more specific and creative.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 07, 2022 02:07PM

How about a beehive buried in gold coins. Is the beehive reference still a Mormon thing?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 09:46AM

One of those wheels you spin to get a prize at carnivals.

Mormon doctrine changes daily.

It's never applied evenly or fairly.

You never know if you'll get a good leader, a total jerk or some indifferent person filling a space.

You rarely get a prize worth what you paid.

You get random callings.

The whole thing is rigged.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 11:51AM

Where the carnies don't have tattoos.

Posted by: I ( )
Date: November 11, 2022 12:43AM

A middle finger!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 11:58AM

I like Susan's dollar sign!

A bee wouldn't be a bad logo. The Mormons already like it. Worker bees, like church members, toil away in obscurity. Plus the church has the power to "sting" its members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2022 11:59AM by summer.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 04:44PM

Then I think that explaining this to people interested in the church would be a better start than the old first lesson of the six missionary lessons...

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 06:40PM

What about someone laying on a bed, Jesus laying on top of them and Russell M. Nelson prophet of these here parts of the Universe jumping on the mattress? It might work with Nelson doing the laying on the person and Jesus doing the jumping.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 06:07PM

Figure 7
Fax 2
BOA

‘God’ according to Joseph’s Myth.
The only picture of God ever drawn by Joseph Smith.
‘Min’ according to Egyptologists, the Ancient Egyptian fertility God depicted here as he is on numerous temples in Egypt, sexually aroused.

Mormon apologists are quite proud of the fact Joseph depicted God as an ancient Egyptian fertility God with a raging boner.

https://debunking-cesletter.com/the-book-of-abraham-1/facsimile-2-egyptian-god-min/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Min_(god)

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 08:02PM

At least it would be known what the church expects from its members.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 08, 2022 02:50AM

Nice.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 08:18PM

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: November 07, 2022 02:22PM

Money changer throwing Christ out of the Salt Lake Temple.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: November 07, 2022 06:50PM

of GBH b*mf*&king a goat.

Date: November 08, 2022 02:47AM

Gordo screwing a goat would be interesting. You would have to tell the kids the old man is just trying to shove the goat away and his pants are down because the goat backed into him when he was taking a piss.

It's interesting to see from the results in here so far is the church represents a big money bag filled by deception. The church can't use the money bag logo though. Gene Simmons has that copyrighted and hey, KISS swag is more interesting than anything at Deseret Book or the Distribution Center.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 08, 2022 02:02PM

One hand holding the other hands thumb.....then pulling the thumb from the hand and trying to grab it from the hand that held it.

Date: November 11, 2022 01:03AM

Wut

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 11, 2022 02:19PM

There was a cartoon character when I was a kid. He was a very dim bulb. He would grab his thumb with one hand so his thumb stuck out from the hand, then quickly try and grab the thumb sticking out from the hand, but to do that he had to remove the thumb so he never caught it, but would do this over and over.

Date: November 11, 2022 03:54PM

Well that made a deep impression.

I suspect that somewhere in a London cemetery, Freud's corpse is struggling to arise.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 09, 2022 09:59AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.