Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 16, 2022 12:00PM

Four students are dead in the same house; all attending U of Idaho in Moscow.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/know-4-idaho-college-students-100425055.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 16, 2022 12:21PM

“When your sin(s)are so great that you can’t save yourselves the church will be here to save you, via Blood Atonement, administered by those with both the power and the love. May God’s peace go with ye!”

—-Brigham Young, arguably the best prophet to ever serve, after Joseph Smith and before Joseph Fielding Smith

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 16, 2022 12:28PM

It's bizarre and a communications nightmare.

I predict the local police might be compared to Uvalde. They gave zero information and the coroner seemed to leak it was a brutal stabbing scene before the police.

The police said everyone was safe but no one is in custody. This understandably made everyone feel unsafe and that the police didn't let them know. Students are heading home for Thanksgiving early because they don't know what is going on with the case. The FBI has been called in. It's a mess.

I know they need to protect the details for investigation purposes, but they could have been a more forthcoming to the public IMO.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: November 17, 2022 03:39PM

They really could have been more forthcoming.

I'm over in Pullman and am a bit spooked by it. My girlfriend walks to work, and I might have to start walking with her more until they catch whoever it is. Moscow's not that far away.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 16, 2022 12:41PM

how can everyone be safe if the individual(s) responsible still be at large???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2022 12:41PM by GNPE.

Date: November 16, 2022 12:48PM

It may not be too big a stretch to opine that if you’re not in any kind of a romantic relationship, you won’t be on the avenger’s radar.

Date: November 16, 2022 01:29PM

Exactly!

Either they put people's safety at risk or they have the perpetrator and situation mitigated. No information either way is causing distress and distrust, let alone potential danger. Since the FBI is now there, I'm guessing they withheld information about safety risk to the community.

Posted by: Caffiend nli ( )
Date: November 17, 2022 10:07AM

Provided investigators know that for a certainty.

Date: November 17, 2022 10:17AM

They (local authorities) backpedaled yesterday and said there actually is risk out there.

So, apparently at first they wanted people to think there wasn't anything to worry about to keep things calm and normal. By being evasive and possibly lying, they caused tons of students to leave town and trust has been damaged.

Too many things have been presented in such a cryptic way that the conspiracy engine is revving up.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 17, 2022 02:43PM

The U of I is my alma mater. Most of my mormon classmates from high school went to Ricks (as it was known then), but a handful of us went to Moscow. It was a party school but we didn't party. We had Institute and that was our social scene.

To think that this horrible thing has happened there has been very upsetting to me.

Date: November 17, 2022 04:02PM

Yes.

Both my kids went there. They partied some but did well. It's such a beautiful area. I hope things get resolved quickly or students won't want to come back after the Thanksgiving break.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: November 17, 2022 02:45PM

ziller did not do it ~

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 17, 2022 05:48PM

Someone snapped. The first suspects to consider are the other roommates.

Date: November 17, 2022 06:02PM

People arent growing up to be Kind & Respectful with othrrs, its the ME generation...

we as a society, obviously, clearly would benefit from a significant reduction of firearm availability, are there any other ways to save lives & shootings?

I'm Waiting...

Date: November 17, 2022 06:14PM

The students killed were stabbed to death. People have been stabbing each other for thousands of years.

Date: November 17, 2022 06:22PM

please compare firearm deaths to stabbing deaths in the U.S. , also Canada & mexico;

Remember when AK & AR type weapons were more tightly controlled? Let's put those numbers up also compared per capita with afterwards.

it's easier to defend a stabbing attack than a firearm attack.

U'd think that 'civic orgaizations' like the NRA would have - propose an idea or plan to end or reduce gun violence, 'eh?

Date: November 18, 2022 05:26AM

No firearms involved in the crime at all. No AK’s no AR’s not even a flintlock. Sorry.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 18, 2022 09:50AM

Was a Chucky doll in the apartment?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 17, 2022 06:42PM

I'm curious as to how four young people get stabbed to death in the same household without anyone (apparently) fighting back, banding together to fight back, or possibly escaping. Were they all asleep at the time? It's not adding up to me.

Date: November 17, 2022 06:44PM

me too.

Date: November 17, 2022 07:11PM

I have lots of questions.

Maybe some of them were passed out something. One source said it was kind of a party house.

I'm confused about the 911 call received that there was an "unconscious person." It seems like the unconscious person was outside(?). Was it someone completely unrelated? If that is true, what led the police to wander over to the apartment?

What little the police have shared seems weird and contradictory. I'm sure they have their reasons and all but sheesh.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 17, 2022 07:42PM

so we shall see...

Date: November 18, 2022 10:50AM

Two other roommates were in the house at the time...

Very deep sleepers used to a lot of late night goings on?

How does one person, or a group, keep control of four people while slaughter them?

But they all could have been asleep, I suppose.

A burner phone made the 911 call? What other calls were made with that phone?

Grist for the TV documentary mills...

Date: November 18, 2022 11:39AM

Chad & Lori ?

Date: November 18, 2022 11:41AM

It would have to be "The Return of Alex...!!"

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: November 18, 2022 07:01PM

This happens in places. It's unfortunate. Not the first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Calgary_stabbing

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 19, 2022 02:15PM

They were apparently murdered in separate bedrooms. At least two girls came in late from drinking and late food purchase. So it's credible that the two surviving roommates slept through the murders, and discovered them hours later in the AM. These girls are not suspects at this time.

The front door had a keypad to enter. Since the apartment had a reputation as a party house, it's credible that the entry code was widely shared among previous roommates, sweethearts, and friends and...other acquaintances--friends of friends of friends.

Another question, not raised to my knowledge, is why were these four were targeted--and not the other two who were sleeping elsewhere, also? This was probably a relationship crime, but untangling those relationships in this strange culture of hookups, and amorphous, fluid, polyamorous relationships should really vex the investigators.

Perhaps only one was targeted--the other three were cover to confuse investigators.

Considering the number of people who had the access code (according one victim's sister) I think it's plausible that this could be a local psychopath who wanted nothing more than the sick pleasure of a gruesome, multi-victim crime. If so, then the two surviving girls were the beneficiaries of pure luck. Or maybe, they simply locked their doors.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 19, 2022 04:21PM

Two came back after a late-night visit to a food truck, and two came back from a fraternity party. All were in bed by 1:45 A.M. To me it sounds like a normal weekend night among nevermo college kids. You are making a lot of rather nasty insinuations ("hookups, and amorphous, fluid polyamorous relationships") that may simply not be true. Given that two of the girls were seniors, and one a junior, they were obviously getting the job done in school regardless of how they were spending their free time.

The coroner reportedly feels that all four were killed while asleep, and said that some had defensive wounds. It sounds like they were all taken by surprise. By who, remains to be seen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.