Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 08:25PM

Refresh me on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 09:19PM

Basically, no partisan politics.

Current events if they're related to the main topic of the board but are not 100% political.

Off topic posts are allowed but within reason re amounts and subject matter.

I've always said that pretty much everything relates to politics plus they consume the world 24/7 so avoiding those topics is certainly a challenge.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 09:19PM

If it were up to me, being happy with, or aghast at, something reported by the press would be okay, so long as your point wasn't to promote your party's role in positive events, or your opposition party's role in negative events.

Explanations for or against a political position ought to be verboten; just because no one listens to one of us on bigger forums isn't a good enough reason to allow one of us to spout off for or against a politician or politics in general.

This board is basically about exmormons and our supporters to mouth off about mormonism and its supporters.

Peculiar people that we are, there are lots of things to go OT about, but having a rule that politics and politicians can't be one of them suits me just fine.

That's my view on the subject...

Granted, I've learned a lot about "The World" by reading orderly exchanges of ideas and concepts, in first-person contexts, i.e. "this author says this, which contrasts with this author, and seemingly blah, blah, blah..."  

But I loathe having someone copy & paste a point of view, and just leave it sitting here, apparently assuming we've now been properly educated and need to respond by agreeing and being thankful.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 30, 2022 09:23PM

I suggest you write CZ.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.