Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 07:51PM

Something to the effect to take your vitamins and get ready for something. I really have not seen anything dynamic in the Church since he took over but temple announcements. If you have cash like the Church you don't need to take vitamins for that.

Then in last General conference he that in the coming days we will sees signs of the Savior "something." I can't remember what and he did not explain but I have not seen any impressive signs of the Saviors love.

Am I missing something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 08:40PM

Russ said something like (my recollection): 'the gospel hasn't been fully restored yet', perhaps it was more like:

'there's more to be restored'

each of those amounts to nearly an identical statement.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 08:47PM

Rusty has brain lice.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 09:04PM

Russ was at the wheel when ChurchCo walked back what had been Mormon / LDS doctrine - practice:

Previous to Russ, Mormons had to affirm that they were being Honest to have & hold a TR; this jives with what more prior LDS presidents have said & enforced in the TRI

McKay said that Honesty was a requirement, that is written in "Teachings of Presidents of the Church David O. McKay"

Now the TRIQ is: "Do you strive to be honest...?"

I also reflect on that ChurchCo published the Journal of Discourses, but now Walks Back some of what that reads.

One can never rely or depend on what ChurchCo tells its members / donors, it's nearly a 100% lack of cred.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 09:11PM

Now is the day of my power.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 09:23PM

Paraphrasing the son of L. Ron Hubbard talking about the religion his dad made up:

"(mormonism) doesn't really address the soul; it addresses the ego."

Watching the current prophet, along with Oaks and Susan's husband, you can see that their egos have taken over the space where they once may have had some soul.  But probably not that much soul, given they were pretty much into themselves from the start of their churchiness.

Did they spend their lives jockeying for position in a church or a corporation?

Posted by: L.A. Exmo ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 09:33PM

"In coming days, we will see the greatest manifestations of the Savior's power that the world has ever seen." (Oct 2022 GC)

Cool! More complete than the wholesale destruction in 3 Nephi, or the fiery obliteration of Sodom & Gomorrah! Greater than the global flood of Noah! A cornucopia of carnage, a smörgåsbord of suffering! Praise Jeezus!

(No, Russ, soothing hurt feelings or "softening hearts" aren't great by any objective measure.)

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 06, 2022 11:04PM

Russ just can’t toe the line like most his predecessors did. Gordon B didn’t know anything. Thomas Monson was just going along for the ride. Russ spouts so much ridiculous bullshit and is so unrealistic in his views it really is a clown show.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.