Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 1206 ( )
Date: December 13, 2022 03:37PM

Head football coach at Mississippi State (plus Washington State a couple of years ago). Per CBS, he played five years of rugby at BYU.

Any know if he was still worthy to pipe-line 10% of that sweet, sweet head coach salary to SLC?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: December 13, 2022 03:59PM

He was coach back when I was a student at Washington State. I never bothered to check whether he was a Mormon or not, but I'm glad he was with the Cougs instead of BYU!

Posted by: adamisfree2006 ( )
Date: December 14, 2022 11:29AM

Mike was in our ward when I lived in Lexington KY in 97-99. He was their offensive coordinator @ UK when QB Tim Couch was popular. The recruiting coordinator (also mormon) was Claude Bassett. I spent many hours sitting in the foyer with Mike as we skipped meetings and classes to take care of our daughters. He was always entertaining. Although he was mormon he always seemed to play on the fringes. Known later as a big coffee drinker. Warm thoughts to Sharon and their kids. 61 is too young as I'm not that far away.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 14, 2022 08:41PM

this is especially saddening for Washington State residents & the WSU community, he was loved & respected here.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.