Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: December 23, 2022 02:52PM

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/local/2022/12/23/sex-abuse-video-victimizes-child/

Sex-abuse video victimizes child long after abuser confessed to Latter-day Saint leaders

MORmON lawyers told Bishop to keep child rape secret, allowing Mormon perp to continue raping kids for 7 yrs before he was caught by authorities and committed suicide in custody. Video of rape still making the rounds on internet, violating victim years later.

By their fruits shall ye know them and there is no shortage of rotten fruits of Joseph’s Myth the serial rapist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 23, 2022 03:10PM

As a culture, we need to stop giving churches a free pass on this. We need to stop church enablement of child sex preditors under clergy/penitent privilege.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2022 03:11PM by summer.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 23, 2022 03:25PM

Churches enable predators as a general rule. One percent of the general population is psychopathic. Psychopaths wear a mask, a persona, that you cannot see through. Not even with magical discernment powers.

About 25% of Americans are regular church goers. Psychopaths and other predators always go because that's where their prey is. So statistically 4% of your ward members are psychopaths. 12% are merely sociopaths. If you are lucky they are social deviants. That makes them easier to spot. The interpersonal types are the happy faces that wreck lives.

With numbers like those, the 2-hour block is an improvement. I can do better. I can stay away completely. Granted, most Mormons don't have that option. The next best thing is due diligence. They probably don't teach that in BYU law school, which is why the lawsuits are necessary.

Posted by: French Fries ( )
Date: December 24, 2022 05:50PM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Churches enable predators as a general rule. One
> percent of the general population is psychopathic.
> Psychopaths wear a mask

You're not wrong there.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: December 23, 2022 03:55PM

I've known several people I grew up with who were sexually molested by family members. Too many.

In talking to my youngest brother last Friday night. We got talking about worthiness interviews. We never talk about stuff like that. We were VERY SHELTERED. And to have those worthiness interviews was more than our brains could handle.

The leaders are mostly all perverts if you ask me. My brother works with someone recently hired--maybe a year ago. He is a "good" mormon and a counselor in the bishopric and the HR guy is his friend (and they happen to be friends with our disabled brother). This guy that he has told me about thinks the worthiness interviews are WRONG. He says they don't ask it anymore. Try to talk your disabled brother out of thinking he isn't worthy to go to the temple because they asked him about masturbation. It infuriates me. I talk him out of feeling like he does.

The church is about controlling even our sex lives and what they do is extremely abusive. I realized not that long ago that I did finally get married to "him" because I needed out of my life. They were destroying me.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 23, 2022 04:04PM

Thank you for that article. It's tragic but important.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: December 23, 2022 04:20PM

This is why we should NEVER leave this abusive CULT alone, until every child is encouraged to stand up to the abusive system that artificially empowers penis holding abusers.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: December 23, 2022 07:01PM

Wow it is in the sltrib! I assume quite a few people read the sltrib. No one on one interviews with youth behind closed door and especially no “worthiness” questions. Sam Young is my hero he got excommunicated for bringing awareness.

Date: December 24, 2022 05:50PM

Per Mormon dialogue not sure if this information is correct or not.
"Adams never received the Melchizedek priesthood. So his disciplinary council was just with the bishopric.
Adams appealed his excommunication to the Stake Presidency and they upheld the excommuncation.
Both of the bishops don't actually live within the ward boundary. They are from two different wards in the same stake. That could explain why they didn't seem to know people in the ward.
Adams attended a branch while in prison and even requested his membership records to be transferred to the prison branch. I find that interesting for an inactive, excommunicated member to do.

Date: December 24, 2022 05:54PM

If the information is correct "Adams appealed his excommunication to the Stake Presidency and they upheld the excommuncation."
That could also bring the Stake Presidency in hot water. If the stake presidency knew about it why didn't they report it to the police?

Date: December 24, 2022 05:58PM

Date: December 24, 2022 06:20PM

Mary Oliver was the victim of child abuse, too, which explains the presence below the surface of death in much of her poetry.

Rage

You are the dark song
of the morning;
serious and slow,
you shave, you dress,
you descend the stairs
in your public clothes
and drive away, you become
the wise and powerful one
who makes all the days
possible in the world.
But you were also the red song
in the night,
stumbling through the house
to the child's bed,
to the damp rose of her body,
leaving your bitter taste.
And forever those nights snarl
the delicate machinery of the days.
When the child's mother smiles
you see on her cheekbones
a truth you will never confess;
and you see how the child grows--
timidly, crouching in corners.
Sometimes in the wide night
you hear the most mournful cry,
a ravished and terrible moment.
In your dreams she's a tree
that will never come to leaf--
in your dreams she's a watch
you dropped on the dark stones
till no one could gather the fragments--
in your dreams you have sullied and
murdered,
and dreams do not lie.

Date: December 24, 2022 07:24PM

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/03620.htm

To me it appears the church is still hiding behind the religious confession.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 24, 2022 08:09PM

You can't violate the sanctity of the confession by calling the police, but it's okay to violate said sanctity by calling an attorney who bills the church by the hour for his advice?

And I think there's a good chance that only priesthood-holding attorneys of the firm get to answer that pkone when it rings.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 24, 2022 10:29PM

The gift of discernment is the key to giving good legal advice. One impure thought can cost the church millions.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: December 25, 2022 04:36AM

What makes this even more abhorrent. if that is even possible, is that this was his own daughter.

This is reprehensible. Meaning the perpetrator as well as the handling of the confession by church co. It makes me ill.

Date: December 25, 2022 04:48AM

Agreed.

Date: December 25, 2022 09:55AM

He did it to BOTH of his daughters one being an infant.

https://mormonr.org/qnas/tpo8C/failure_to_report_sexual_abuse_bisbee_arizona

Date: December 25, 2022 10:00AM

FOOTNOTE [29]
Close
Agent Robert Edwards stated:

Videos and pictures I was able to find during the course of my search warrant show that her abuse started approximately three to six weeks old.
DHS Agent Robert Edwards testifies his interactions with bishop Herrod, Paul and Leizza Adams.

Date: December 25, 2022 10:04AM

FOOTNOTE [26]
Close
In a sworn declaration, Bishop Mauzy stated "The communications [resulting in Paul's excommunication] with me were about a past one-time incident (and other conduct by Paul Adams that gave rise to his excommunication)."

However, Shaunice Warr stated that she thought she remembered Paul had been excommunicated sometime before 2011 and that his excommunication was unrelated to the abuse of his children, but rather for having sex with his mother.

Date: December 25, 2022 10:05AM

"but rather for having sex with his mother."

This whole case is very disturbing.

Date: December 25, 2022 11:35AM

FOOTNOTE [5]
Close
Adam Alcantara testified that his sister, Leizza Adams, said that her husband Paul was abusive and raped her. Adam said his sister stated:

He said if I didn't want to have sex then he would rape me. He started the first week of marriage. He did it in his Honda civic.
Adam Alcantara, sister of Leizza Adams, testifies about Leizza Adams.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.