Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 30, 2022 08:52PM

"NBA icon John Stockton baselessly claimed that “thousands” of professional athletes may have died after they received the Covid-19 vaccine shot.

In an interview with Spokane, Washington’s Spokesman-Review, Stockton claimed he knew of 150 athletes who died from the Covid-19 vaccine. “I think it’s highly recorded now; there’s 150, I believe now, it’s over 100 professional athletes dead. Professional athletes, the prime of their life, dropping dead vaccinated, right on the pitch, right on the field, right on the court,” Stockton said."

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/john-stockton-claims-its-possible-thousands-of-pro-athletes-may-have-died-from-covid-vaccine/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 30, 2022 09:03PM

"Some of them died multiple times!" continued the controversial dumb ass.  "Every time they took another dose, they died again!  It was crazy!"

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 30, 2022 09:20PM

It's sad to see people whose excellence garnered considerable public acclaim urinate on their own legacies.

The stupid, it burns.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: December 30, 2022 09:51PM

Maybe he can write a book about the 150, and claim he translated it from a golden basketball. While standing in a shower stall in the dark that allowed him to see the reformed athletes language appear on the tile floors.

Should sell well in Utah and Idaho.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 30, 2022 10:10PM

I like him.

Date: December 30, 2022 10:17PM

Of course you do.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: December 30, 2022 10:16PM

so ? ~

in OPie's opinion ? ~

should exmos ? ~

still be betting ?~

the WNBA ? ~

asking 4 a ffeind ~

thx ~

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 30, 2022 10:22PM

Beware of people who go to basketball players for medical anecdotes.

He was a nice guy but obviously is not a great source for medical statistics. That is misinformation- the kind that causes far more deaths among the people who won't get vaccinated.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 31, 2022 12:19AM

It's interesting how people can be gifted in one particular area, and woefully ignorant in other areas.

Date: December 31, 2022 12:50AM

Excellence in one field often forestalls competence in another. That is all the more true for athletes who spent their college years working 40-60 hours a week as underpaid entertainers in the hope of later becoming highly paid entertainers.

Don't get me wrong. I love sport and what it teaches and respect great athletes. But I despise the universities that profit from perpetuating the ignorance of people whom they are supposed to be educating.

And in any case, the notion that John Stockton, LeBron James, or Novak Djokavic possess any medical knowledge beyond basic nutrition and how to treat a sprained ankle is ridiculous. Only a fool mistakes celebrities of any sort for scientists.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: January 03, 2023 06:00PM

A classmate of mine was on a baseball scholarship. He'd been a high school phenom and was playing for a major university until a shoulder injury that required surgery cost him his scholarship. He knew that given the injury he'd never make the majors, but considered himself lucky to land another scholarship at our university which wasn't of the same caliber in baseball. At that point he just wanted to earn a degree.

Anyway... after one season, he did some quick analysis and realized that he would come out ahead financially if he worked the hours that the team demanded at McDonalds and paid his own tuition! Not to mention that he'd have the scheduling flexibility to major in what he wanted (we were both CS), rather than Phys Ed.

So, he quit the team and got an on-campus job in the computer department, and graduated with some genuine work experience under his belt.

Date: January 03, 2023 06:09PM

Your friend was/is wise.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 31, 2022 12:19AM

He does look a little bit like RFK Jr. Has anybody ever seen them in a room together? Maybe they're the same person.

If there are all these dead athletes, let's see the list of names and autopsy reports. Young athletes dropping dead is going to leave a paper trail.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: December 31, 2022 10:40PM

He was one of my heroes. For being the best at his position, yet being humble about it.

I felt that warmth for him all the way up until Trump came on the scene. Then he went crazy.

Smart people becoming willfully stupid so fast amazes me.

Posted by: NoToJoe (unregistered) ( )
Date: January 01, 2023 12:07PM

I want him to either provide specific details or eat his red hat.

Please tell John to either shut the f**k up or provide the following to back up his bat s**t crazy claims.

1-Full Name
2-Place of death.
3-Date and time of death.
4-Cause of death as identified by doctor or medical examiner.

I'll bet you a Rainier Beer he can't provide the details for even one single person.

Date: January 03, 2023 04:16PM

Yeah, the whole thing is reminiscent of Joseph McCarthy claiming "I have on this paper the names of <fill in some random number> people who are members of the Communist Party, and work in the US State Department".

McCarthy got away with it for a while because it is difficult to prove a negative - i.e. someone has never been a member of the Communist Party, or similar charges.

It is pretty easy to verify whether 150 athletes have died after getting vaccinated, and whether the vaccination was the cause of death. I suspect Stockton's claim fails on both counts. The number is wrong and the cause is wrong.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 03, 2023 05:06PM

He may be getting his information from a site called VEARS where anyone can report a suspect"covid vaccine death". There is no vetting or confirmation of information. Anyone can update.

If you want to believe that the covid vaccine is killing athletes this is a dream site.

Even if the information you ask for is listed on the, there is no guarantee it is legit. Most likely made up or comes from the sister of a receptionist that works next to a hospital in a nail salon.

So anyone who happened to have a stroke or heart attack who had been vaccinated--many are saying the stroke or heart attack was brought on by the vaccine.

Date: January 03, 2023 05:32PM

oops VAERS, not vears in case anyone is interested.

Date: January 03, 2023 05:45PM

It's comforting to know that there is always someone on RfM who is conversant with the great conspiracy theories of the day and familiar with the relevant websites.

Thank you, D&D, for keeping us informed!

Date: January 03, 2023 05:47PM

I think that is the source. It is about as reliable as miracle reports in LDS Fast & Testimony Meeting, where finding car keys qualifies as a miracle.

What is it, 8 billion covid vaccine doses administered, often to older people, or sick people, or, frequently, old and sick. Which is to say, groups for which dying is the natural course of events in their life, covid or no.

Some of those people died weeks after getting vaccinated. Epidemiologists are quite good at predicting how many of a given population are going to die just as a natural course of events in life. If the number of deaths of vaccinated peoples don't exceed the number of expected deaths for that group, the vaccine isn't what killed them. The only alternative explanation is that the vaccine killed people, but it apparently reduced other causes of death. That is the only way you can keep expected numbers of deaths level, while at the same time having one cause of death spike higher. Something else has to spike lower.

That the vaccine is killing the vaccinated, but lowering the number of strokes or heart attacks or cancers seems extremely unlikely. More likely - the vaccine simply isn't killing people in significant numbers.

Yes, vaccines do in rare cases kill people or make them seriously ill. Much lower numbers than what the actual disease does, which is the entire point of vaccines. Remove a very large risk of death or disease and replace it with a much smaller one.

I don't know how long it is going to take for the anti-vaxxers to shut up. I remember when seat belt laws first passed, there were numerous letters to the editor about how seat belt usage caused more deaths than it saved. Those people finally shut up, though it took years.

Seat belts don't prevent all deaths or injuries by any means, but they help. Same for vaccines.

Date: January 03, 2023 05:51PM

It's unfortunate that such basic medical facts have to be explained to a literate bunch like RfM posters.

Posted by: Mormon Adjacent Lurker ( )
Date: January 03, 2023 08:32PM

Vaccines are secretly the Great Attractor

Date: January 03, 2023 11:20PM

Excellent!

Date: January 03, 2023 09:13PM

I was mostly blowing off steam because I have FB “friends” who are still voluble and determined anti-vaxxers, much like John Stockton or RFK Jr. It is frustrating to see such imperviousness to cognitive dissonance.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 03, 2023 09:27AM

It seems to me that anti vaxxers are getting frustrated lately. After all, their dire predictions have all failed, and their wacky theories have all been decisively disproven over the past two years. They’re getting desperate, so they make outlandish claims without a shred of evidence.

Posted by: Winter ( )
Date: January 04, 2023 08:57AM

CrispingPin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems to me that anti vaxxers are getting
> frustrated lately. After all, their dire
> predictions have all failed, and their wacky
> theories have all been decisively disproven over
> the past two years. They’re getting desperate,
> so they make outlandish claims without a shred of
> evidence.

It's been a great way of finding out who the Little Hitlers are, hasn't it?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 03, 2023 10:02PM

There are eight billion humans alive right now.  I boldly predict that 98.68% of us will be dead in 100 years...because of (fill in the blank)!!!!

Prove me wrong!

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 03, 2023 10:30PM

Given the worldwide news coverage of last night's event, what is the likelihood that several hundred professional athletes died in competition over the last 2 years with no news coverage at all?

John Stockyard is full of bovine excrement.

Posted by: I ( )
Date: January 04, 2023 03:31AM

The only thing he speaks with is ignorance

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 04, 2023 07:21AM

But he holds the NBA record in assists.

Posted by: I ( )
Date: January 04, 2023 09:04PM

He can hold the record as high as he wants
But he should hold himself higher.
(Daily Education wouldn't hurt)
Or back away from the fire...

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 04, 2023 04:05AM

COVID was not just a pandemic. It was an IQ test.

Date: January 04, 2023 10:11AM

And . . . still is.

Somehow testing even more than that though.

Date: January 04, 2023 10:20AM

When becoming a sycophant, it is important to choose your host wisely.

Date: January 04, 2023 10:25AM

Some are saying the football player who had the heart attack was because he had the vaccination.

With that line of thinking, that is probably why Jeremy Renner got run over by his own snow plow. He got the vaccine so his reflexes were off and then, because he had been vaccinated he had become magnetic and that metal machine had no choice but to chase him down.

This world!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.