Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shoulderwheelie ( )
Date: January 28, 2023 06:09AM

As I have not stepped foot in a Mormon church (and fast and testimony meeting) in well over a decade, I wondered if testimonies were the same pat blah-blah of, “I know this church is the only true church, I know that the BoM is the word of god and the Bible so long as it has been translated correctly. I know that Joseph Smith and Russell full-Nelson are prophets, seers and revelators, etc”
I just wonder if members will be able to testify to anything doctrinal, at all, as the certainties of past truth claims have started to fall by the wayside. I found the restoration-circling-the-drain post extremely fascinating as claims that Mormonism was THE restored church of Jesus Christ was one of the only reasons for people to actually hold fast to a very uncomfortable, unsettling and potentially abusive iron rod. What to say now?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 28, 2023 02:09PM

If they're like the rest of Mormondumb, they are extremely watered- down - diluted & next to Nothingburgers

Date: January 29, 2023 12:53PM

I imagine you’re right. The absolute lack of dialogue and debate made EVERY meeting I ever attended a snore fest.

Date: January 29, 2023 12:53PM

A bit like my post, hahahah! A nothingburger

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 29, 2023 05:50PM

I proudly can say that I have no idea.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.