Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 1964 1968 ( )
Date: February 04, 2023 05:38AM

'I escaped abusive jungle cult - then rescued my son'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63942615

"We had no choice," Yisrael, now 22, tells me as we sit and talk in the back yard of his aunt's house, just south of Tel Aviv. "The rabbi called me into his office and said, 'Next week you're getting married. If you refuse you get punished'.

"My sister was 13 and they forced her to marry a 19-year-old. She was crying. She cried so much they punished her by banning her from speaking for a year. She could not say a word - not ask for food, not ask for the toilet, nothing."

This was part of life at the group's compound in Guatemala, where the legal age for marriage is 18 for both men and women. Most of Lev Tahor had settled in the Central American country in 2013 after fleeing Canada, where it faced allegations of child abuse. It has denied these claims.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: February 07, 2023 09:02PM

Ugh. A cult is a cult. Sad that innocent people grow up in these circumstances.

Just read about a distant cousin of mine, a "prophet" self-anointed. Polygamist, teen-aged brides, sex trafficker, Makes me sick.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 07, 2023 09:41PM

Lev Tahor is a Jewish cult, with an extremely bad reputation for doing extremely bad things to their members.

This is the extent of my knowledge about this group, but I have no interest at all in becoming better informed about the scope, and the details, of their "dirty deeds."

If you go to YouTube and do a search for "Lev Tahor," you will be able to observe at least some of what non-Lev Tahor Jews object to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2023 09:59PM by Tevai.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.