Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ALifeExamined ( )
Date: February 21, 2023 02:07PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Eastbourne ( )
Date: February 21, 2023 02:54PM

The church has a form of honesty, but denies the power/true intent thereof.

Li’l Joe: What polygamy? I’ve only got one wife.

ChurchCo yesterday: What investment fund? We don’t have one. We are honest in our dealings - all of them.

ChurchCo today: We spoke the truth yesterday, and our truth doesn’t need further explanation. 5 mil penalty/fine? It’s a donation to our god-inspired institutions. Now, move on. Nothing to see here.

Me: Additional confirmation that it’s still business as usual for ChurchCo - Almost 200 years of deception. Their motto: over 17 million scammed.

Posted by: onthedownlow ( )
Date: February 21, 2023 02:57PM

Amen Eastbourne

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 21, 2023 03:27PM

I don't know the details, but we cynics never doubted the church's ability to make things work out in its favor.

What's the point of cultivating power (using money and favors) if not to favor yourself over all others?

If any of you believe that the circumstances would support more harsh, more costly penalties, why weren't those forthcoming?

Because the church can count on 100 billion-plus friends.

Posted by: onthedownlow ( )
Date: February 21, 2023 03:37PM

The bullshit of this is, the morg is trying to play it off as "we made a mistake, we own up to it, and correct it".

It was not a simple clerical error or "oops, I put the decimal in the wrong place".

The Morg went to great effort to create this money laundering mechanism since 1997. More than 20 years of blatant, deeply planned out dishonesty, to cheat the system in which it claims in article of faith #12, to honor and obey!!!!

The hell of it all is money was supposed to go to charity as I read this, holy hell is that not EVIL??????

You're telling me the head of this church, JESUS CHRIST, and even, GOD, are no different than Bernie Madoff and Al Capone??????????

FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU LDS Inc!!!! You got blood all over your garments LDS church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.