Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cafeteria Mormon ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 06:49PM

One sits right in front of me, at times I feel like leaning forward and kissing her on her sexy beautiful neck, although I don't think my wife, or her parents, would appreciate that. The other young lady gives me beautiful pure smiles during sacrament.

Are we still allowed to mention such politically incorrect heterosexual feelings in the transgender/cross dresser/homosexual/LGBTQIA+ pop culture that exists today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 07:04PM

Are you channeling Joseph Smith?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 09:47PM

Ha! Ha!

Date: February 22, 2023 09:51PM

My sister met all her stalkers at church.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 07:07PM

The first paragraph makes you sound like a 14 year old. The second one makes you sound like a bigot.

So, probably not ready for prime time.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 07:34PM

I was thinking he’d enjoy being a bishop.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 07:14PM

Did you ever consider that perhaps your wife is appreciating the handsome, virile young missionaries?

I'm in my mid-60s, and I am a fan of the English Premier League soccer (football to our British friends.) I enjoy the gameplay, but also am cognizant of the fact that there are worse ways to spend a Saturday morning than to watch extremely fit young men run around in shorts for two hours.

Date: February 22, 2023 07:35PM

Maybe summer would enjoy being a bishop too.

Posted by: Justin Runcie ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 08:20PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you ever consider that perhaps your wife is
> appreciating the handsome, virile young
> missionaries?
>
> I'm in my mid-60s, and I am a fan of the English
> Premier League soccer (football to our British
> friends.) I enjoy the gameplay, but also am
> cognizant of the fact that there are worse ways to
> spend a Saturday morning than to watch extremely
> fit young men run around in shorts for two hours.

Watch the Six Nations instead. More happens in ten minutes of that than the entire English Premier League yawnfest.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 10:48PM

Rugby is good. Footie is better. Because it comes down to opinion.

Posted by: Justin Runcie ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 04:48AM

Kentish Wrote:
> Rugby is good. Footie is better. Because it
> comes down to opinion.

It can be proven with stats. Goalless draws are common in soccer and practically unheard of in rugby. That's a game in which no one scores and usually not much happens. There is much more variety in rugby's set pieces and that's provable.

Modern soccer has virtually no dribbling, barely any real tackling, players faking serious injuries from minor contact and arguing with the referee. It's a joke.

Date: March 03, 2023 11:36AM

There are only draws because football (in the real football world outside the US) uses a points system to determine the champion. Three points for a win,one for a draw. It is not based on just wins and losses. They could play to a result every game like the NFL but often draws are a fair result when neither team deserves to lose. No draws is not a reason to claim rugby as a superior game. Rugby is a great game, especially at the international level. Association football is just vastly more popular and I support the majority view.

Date: March 03, 2023 11:38AM

Sorry for the delayed response. I am away from home and have been sick.

Date: February 24, 2023 08:10PM

> Watch the Six Nations instead. More happens in ten
> minutes of that than the entire English Premier
> League yawnfest.

That's just your upper-class pretentiousness, denigrating the working man's game.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 08:03PM

OP has serious problems.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 08:10PM

Ewwww. Are you old enough to be their father or their grandfather. Ewwww. Keep your body parts to yourself or one of them may deck you. No one likes a perv.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 08:14PM

Yeah. I'm getting creep or dog whistle vibes from that.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 08:12PM

Blippity blip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2023 09:21PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 08:49PM

At times it was thought that the 'line' between thoughts & actions was a Bright Line, but I think that distinctoin (as it was or might have been) is now fuzzy.

me: it's better to early reign in thoughts that suggest or might lead to actions later to be regretted or possibly harmful to others.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 08:50PM

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 09:52PM

I think polygamy would be a topic for your wife and her parents. Maybe they would let you date both of them.

May ask you a question? Are you out of your mind? Maybe you need therapy.

The earlier succubus comment was a joke, but I beg to differ. Disembodied spirits use you to try to get their jollies. Use the name of Christ and your priesthood to cast them out of your mind. Re-consecrate your house. Or let the wolf at your door in to eat you. I know, it's such a difficult decision.

Date: February 23, 2023 03:39PM

Disembodied spirits?

So you think The Exorcist was a documentary?

::facepalm::

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 22, 2023 10:46PM

Anytime I meet a young woman that smiles at me or I imagine coming on to me, I just remind myself that I've got grandkids older than them.

That kicks me back to reality pretty quickly.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 03:47AM

Date: February 23, 2023 11:07AM

Bring a small mirror. That works quickly too!

Date: February 23, 2023 03:51PM

I just remind myself I’m not Hugh Hefner.

Posted by: Pussy Willow ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 08:22AM

Nothing wrong with good looking young people. Shame to see the Green Eyed Monster raising its not so handsome head here.

People now mostly seem to hate their bodies and think they are too fat or ugly or whatever. Let's have some positivity in the joy of youth.

Posted by: Out and about ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 09:46AM

Well, look but don't touch. I was also concerned just how young these women are..as long as they're women not girls..

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 10:51AM

There's some thoughts you really just shouldn't share.

Then again, this is the internet. If you look hard enough I am sure you could find a more appropriate place to divulge your "they're just horny thoughts and nothing more" fantasies without being judged. Like a subreddit or something for sharing risque thoughts while at church(general). But in a recovery forum where we sometimes talk about how we felt preyed upon by the authority figures and leaders of the cult, this kind of salacious oversharing is going to hit a few triggers. I know it does for me, having my own stories and feelings regarding older men I trusted in the cult who were changed in the blink of an eye once I realized they looked at me with a predatory avarice.

Date: February 23, 2023 12:55PM

blackcoatsdaughter Wrote:
> But in a
> recovery forum where we sometimes talk about how
> we felt preyed upon by the authority figures and
> leaders of the cult, this kind of salacious
> oversharing is going to hit a few triggers. I know
> it does for me, having my own stories and feelings
> regarding older men I trusted in the cult who were
> changed in the blink of an eye once I realized
> they looked at me with a predatory avarice.

V.I.P.: Very Important Point.

Thank you for your input, b-c-d. My first reaction too was that the comments were salacious and inappropriate here. Then I just bleeped myself for perhaps sounding too judgemental (so nuked my own post). But your personal take adds a great deal, importantly, to the discussion.

I know everybody has their own negative experiences with the church so it's not up to me to judge what they say in a post.

And I guess there's a wide degree of latitude here to express oneself, which is certainly not the case in the church, in my experience and observations.

In any case, I hope most posts are helpful to posters and readers. Some do clang though, true enough.

Date: February 23, 2023 01:24PM

Thank you, Nightingale. I try not to judge either but considering the OP anticipated a certain reaction and attributed motive to any criticism he may receive to his post, I think it is fair to challenge that. Because my sentiment and a few others(you included) are not prompted by politically correct language or an over sensitivity to trans issues making hetero desire out to be a bad guy.

While in the church, I experienced an extreme amount of religiosity, especially in my teenage years. And I remember seeing my leaders as asexual/sexless beings, too holy for such matters as flesh desires. I even felt that, naively, all the way into my 30's before I finally went inactive for the last time.

So, posts like this do tend to dig up a bit of a trauma, thinking how foolish I was to think of these men I told my secrets to as no longer pure and holy. That they were just men, not angels. And it puts context to certain interactions I had that didn't even occur to me at the time as being predatory but in fact were.

It's my job to curate my experience and all. But since it is an open forum and comments are allowed, I'll defend my motives for being turned off by sharing such lewd thoughts and offer my perspective. I mean what other conversation was there to be had? What other response was expected? Why was this posted and criticism was preemptively mischaracterized?

Posted by: anon4me ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 10:57AM

There's some really attractive bald men in the ward who get my underwear burning.

I can't even look at a photo of the first presidency without getting hot downstairs.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 11:05AM

Wow. Sounds like you're either the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing (in this case, a suit and tie), or perhaps Joseph Smith reincarnated.

Date: February 23, 2023 03:53PM

Or a politician.

Posted by: onthedownlow ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 11:19AM

Now, Now, let's not shame Cafeteria Mormon to the point of sexual repression. We don't know his story in full. Maybe his wife is the Relief Society Prez who eloped with the hot young men's leader to SLC to be sealed for time and all eternity?

This actually is a fact from my youth in my ward. It actually happened sadly enough. An older woman with a full 5 kid liter and a young (20"s) stud fall in love and fly by night to SLC to be sealed the temple. Freak'n crazy. What a mess it caused too. I was glad that I was mostly inactive at that point, I only showed up to play church softball in the spring and summer. The Fall arrived, football was in the air, and I was NOT a fisher of men. Out to lunch.

Hey Cafeteria Mormon, you motor boat son of a b_____! (Wedding Crashers movie).

Posted by: Northern_Lights ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 11:29AM

Decent attempt at a troll, not that original but you got enough responses.

6/10

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 12:29PM

At least your name fits. Sounds like church is your cafeteria where you can look at all the lovely dishes and think about how good they will taste.

Creeeeeeepy Post.

Date: February 23, 2023 03:55PM

Probably hangs around BYU in a trench coat.

Date: February 23, 2023 02:00PM

Cafeteria Mormon Wrote:
> Are we still allowed to mention such politically
> incorrect heterosexual feelings in the
> transgender/cross dresser/homosexual/LGBTQIA+ pop
> culture that exists today?

What you describe are not "politically incorrect" feelings but rather come across as an older married man leching on young women at church. That's all kinds of wrong, including and especially from the female perspective, those you're fantasizing about as well as the ones who've been there done that themselves, which can cause deep and lasting negative effects in a person's life.

And the comment about non-heterosexual "pop culture" is insensitive, at best. The existence of non-heterosexual people does not cause heterosexuality to be considered "politically incorrect". It also does not cause leching to be viewed as inappropriate. It is so viewed because it *is* inappropriate, at best.

You may want to consider changing your seat in SM so you don't spend the meeting staring and fantasizing about young women who happen to sit near you. For the benefit of yourself, your family and the females in your ward.

Date: February 23, 2023 03:56PM

The comment about non heterosexual males wasn’t just insensitive. It was openly mocking. So the entire post was deeply disrespectful.

And the put down of political correctness is way ironic. The OP was about as politically correct as it gets. It was just aimed at impressing a different political tribe.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 02:06PM

Cafeteria Mormon Wrote:
> One sits right in front of me, at times I feel
> like leaning forward and kissing her on her sexy
> beautiful neck, although I don't think my wife, or
> her parents, would appreciate that. The other
> young lady gives me beautiful pure smiles during
> sacrament.
>

It makes you acceptable for high political office.
Especially if they're VERY young.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: February 23, 2023 05:09PM

Cafeteria Mormon Wrote:
> One sits right in front of me, at times I feel
> like leaning forward and kissing her on her sexy
> beautiful neck, although I don't think my wife, or
> her parents, would appreciate that. The other
> young lady gives me beautiful pure smiles during
> sacrament.

Fantasies are fantasies, dude. Only act on them with consenting adults.

And, hate to say this, but acting on said desires and having it work out well is as likely as my girlfriend and I having a threesome with Vincent Price.

Also, I agree with blackcoatsdaughter about how this probably isn't the board to share that fantasy with. Reason: I had a home teaching companion in Rexburg who stalked me. And only one person in the ward agreed that his behavior was creepy, but she couldn't convince the bishop.

>

Oy, where to begin . . .

The only straight people I have a problem with are the ones who use it to justify being horrible to people who aren't. Just do the adult thing and say, "I like who I like." No need to whinge about how LGBTQ+ folks existing oppresses you.

And receiving neck kisses from someone you don't know well is more creepy than "politically incorrect." Free advice: communication and consent are good for all relations.

Posted by: anonynon ( )
Date: February 24, 2023 01:53PM

All this focus on the creep factor, and it is indeed creepy. But I suspect the OP made up or embellished the creep factor to segue into his real objective: the bigotry.

As for the bigotry, OP perpetuates an infuriating logical fallacy. Just because it's finally acceptable for people to be who they are and love who they love, it does not in any way diminish the ability of cis gendered people to continue their instinctive gender interests/styles/wardrobes, etc. It does not in any way diminish the love between heterosexual couples either. It's odd that you feel so threatened by the idea of acceptance and coexistence that you conjure a sleazy situation to assert your creepy, bigoted, old man status.

Date: February 24, 2023 02:17PM

Could be.

I confess to being somewhat clueless when it comes to people's possible or seemingly obvious ulterior motives because my brain just doesn't work that way. I tend to see things straight, as they seem to be IOW, and to take things at face value.

It gets uncomfortable. Quite often.

Yet still, I don't manage to figure it out.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: February 24, 2023 02:21PM

You don't say this sh*t out loud. You think about it....to yourself....with your eyes averted so no one can soul read you.

Date: February 24, 2023 03:30PM

LOL SD, so now I know why you never look me in the eye ;)

Date: February 24, 2023 07:39PM

You know how to do it right!

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 06:36PM

you two, I must avert my eyes for another reason. I've found that if you stare at the sun for too long the front of your pants might explode.

Date: February 28, 2023 08:14PM

Miss D is the sun. I am just a little twinkling star :)

Date: February 28, 2023 11:19PM

A little twinkling star--but one in supernova, avariciously engulfing neighboring planets.

Date: February 24, 2023 04:25PM

I wonder how the OP would feel about that gay high councilman sitting behind him who is fantasizing kissing him on the neck, and sneaking off to the changing room behind the baptismal font with him?

Just sayin'

Date: February 24, 2023 07:41PM

Everybody should sit in the back row from now on.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: February 28, 2023 09:37AM

I know it's a controversial stance, but I'm a man and I like to have relations with women.

Today, I am coming out as a heterosexual, a cis-gender man who was born a male, assigned male at birth, who likes cis-gender women who were assigned female at birth.

And I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize, in the words of Connor MacGregor, to "absolutely nobody".

Date: February 28, 2023 10:03AM

Who wanted you to apologize? How is that a controversial stance?

It also seems disingenuous to me to "come out" as cis-gendered and heterosexual when that is still considered the societal default. Nobody just assumes you're gay or queer or ace before meeting you. They will assume you are heterosexual automatically, and if you present as stereotypically male, they will assume you are cis automatically. Unless told otherwise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2023 10:04AM by blackcoatsdaughter.

Date: February 28, 2023 11:31AM

I think it's irony or sarcasm or humour?

Date: February 28, 2023 04:40PM

Oh my. ^^;; I completely missed that. My bad.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: March 03, 2023 11:22PM

Yes, it was sarcasm.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 01, 2023 01:24PM

I misread the title as "two pot smoking women".

Date: March 01, 2023 02:24PM

Roy G. Biv (AP) is likely to have made that mistake too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.