Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 01:46AM

I just discovered Nina Simone and decided to try one of her songs yesterday. I was going to follow up with her version of "My Baby Just Cares for Me", but decided Renee Olstead's version was more in my range.

My husband is away on yet another business trip, and I'm hating it. But at least I got a new mic interface, which I think is a big improvement. And I'm also getting better at being on camera. Yesterday's songs were for him. ;). Here's a link to my channel, for those who are curious.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbpywOM7abEzy-n5VAuRvug

At the end of today, I have to take my old beagle in for a chemo treatment. He's done surprisingly well, especially given his age (about 14). Chemo hasn't been prohibitively expensive in Germany, so we've gotten a few extra months with him before he inevitably heads over the Rainbow Bridge. He's an awesome dog, though, and such a scrapper. This experience has taught us a lot.

I'm still learning guitar, though I'm much better at singing than playing. At least I'm getting a lot better at barre chords.

My husband and his younger daughter are bonding a lot over cooking. She's still a TBM, but not nearly as radical as she used to be. Her mother is still a nightmare who uses and abuses people whenever possible. Older daughter, unfortunately, is still living with her and raising her brother, while the Ex tries to be an influencer on Twitter.

And finally, just to keep this post slightly on topic, I read Heather Gay's book, Bad Mormon. I liked the first part much more than the second. Seems like she traded one fake construct (Mormonism) for another (cosmetic beauty treatments). I guess there's nothing wrong with cosmetic treatments, if that's what you want to spend money on, but I don't see it as particularly noble, or anything. But that's just me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 09:20AM

Listened to the songs and liked them.

Date: March 08, 2023 09:37AM

Thank you! I appreciate the support!

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 11:35AM

I listened and fully enjoyed hearing you sing. When I got to the song, "killing me softly", something moved me inside and it brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for sharing with us. Keep singing, we need more beautiful venues like this in our world.

Date: March 08, 2023 11:41AM

Thank you so much! That makes my day!

I just got a new computer, so I had some technical difficulties for awhile. But now, it’s coming back together again, and maybe I’ll try sone new stuff soon.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.