Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 05:35AM

The article says that Allan transferred his cell phone from his right hand to his left hand. From what I can see, the cell phone was in his right hand up until the last few seconds, which would indicate that he was indeed going for his holster when he transferred it (especially since the gun was found on the floor.) The investigators will make the call, but it looks to me like Allan was in the process of drawing his gun when he was shot.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 05:45AM

Someone raised the question that maybe he was just reaching to release his seatbelt.

In the image where he was reaching for his right hip, his seatbelt was still fastened. If it was still fastened after he was shot, and the weapon was upholstered, that’s a pretty strong indication he was not trying to release the seatbelt.

Date: March 09, 2023 07:33AM

My feeling is that given his uncooperative responses, I doubt that he was going to help the police officer by unfastening his seatbelt. But it's possible that he might have been doing it for his own reasons.

I was interested that he had what looked to be a legitimate passport. So he's a "sovereign citizen" except when it comes to having a federally issued I.D.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 09:21AM

very few people spontaneously decide or wake up thinking ‘Hey! I'm a sovereign citizen!!

I'm saying this has been taught & learned from upstream..

just sayin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2023 09:33AM by GNPE.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 09:27AM

So he planned to shoot it out with five armed officers surrounding the car and from a seated position while belted in. The first officer registers no surprise at Allan's initial declaration of his position. I believe he knew exactly who he was pulling over. At the very least the officers forced the outcome instead of being patient.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 09:47AM

'traveling' but not needing valid licensing for vehicle(s) or drivers has long been a dog whistle for fringe - fundies here in the West, I'm unsure about other regions.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 02:24PM

died of dumb shittery taught to him by his mother. Had the cops not acted in the split second he gave them to act, one of them might be dead as well.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 02:31PM

It sure seems that way in this case. There's a lot of dumb shittery out there for sure.

Date: March 09, 2023 03:41PM

I noticed that (by pure chance) the officer who had been on the passenger side of the car moved just before the shooting started. He was lucky.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 09, 2023 04:21PM

Cops are trained to react on threat assessment. A well trained cop is drilled on threat assessment and shoot and no shoot situations.

What people have to realize is the more you create a situation where a cop views you as a potential threat the more potential danger you put yourself in.

If you get stopped by a cop keep both hands up on the steering wheel where they can be seen. It puts the cop more at ease because they know where your hands are. If you have a firearm in the car tell them. Be cooperative. A cop can make you spend the night in jail. Arguing with cops is just dumb. You are not going to win over an angry cop.

If you were speeding or breaking the law well you got caught. You pay up and life goes on. Act stupid around cops and life may not go on.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.