Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 02, 2023 05:22PM

What is up with the new focus on Palm Sunday? I am so far removed from that culture I started laughing when, out of sheer curiosity, popped in on this PM session

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 02, 2023 05:35PM

I think it has something to do with Hawaii . . .

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: April 02, 2023 05:50PM

LDS Inc. is trying to be more like the "great and abominable"/"whore of all the earth" mainstream churches.

Posted by: OP ( )
Date: April 02, 2023 06:10PM

Mormonizm attempting to act like they are following Christianity... in case any Christians visit and want to follow them.

There are no leaders. Only misleaders.
Everyone is following the followers!

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 02, 2023 06:26PM

But as I pointed out in r/exmormon (https://old.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/129y0jc/in_my_continual_efforts_to_say_something/), they are trying at one tome to impress both branches of Christianity, and failing miserably at both. They want to be accepted by Establishment Christianity- mostly the Episcopalians and Catholics of the old-guard WASP, Ivy-league crowd, but at the same time they want so badly to become the western arm of the Southern Baptist Convention. The SBC/Evangelicals have no interest in Palm Sunday while the Episcopalians have no interest in altar calls. It is no wonder that both sides just laugh at the Mormons.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 02, 2023 06:47PM

Identity crisis

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: April 02, 2023 09:45PM

Evangelicals have a lot of interest in Palm Sunday,the beginning of Easter Week.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 02, 2023 06:39PM

I used to live by a lot of church’s back east and on Palm Sunday you would drive by various churches and see people holding palm branches outside the church.

In my Mormon upbringing Palm Sunday was never mentioned. We had our big family egg dying get together and Easter Egg hunt. Church was just another Sunday meeting. My mom usually would buy me a new suit for Easter every year and I wore my new suit to church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.